IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

woa

ya apparnelty that game is a huge fail. my pep pep has been playing it and i can constantly hear army dudes shouting MOVE UP, MOVE UP, GET UP HTERE, MOVE UP, MOVE AHEAD

fucking over and over and over again.. theres glitch where it happens for like a 3 hour chunk of hte game, even when you dont even have any teammates with you.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Objects were also popping up everywhere, and also experienced enemies getting stuck in walls a couple of times. And that is just based on 20 min of singleplayer gameplay.

Guest Gary C

but half life 2 is THE best

Yeah, I have a vivid memory of the first time I ever saw it. It was 2004, my first year of univeristy and I was really, really stoned.

The local nerd sent me an IM, 'come see this new game'. I sat there, smoking on a pipe and almost falling into the screen. The nerd would joyously laugh and name game-events and I wondered whether everything was actually real anymore.

Then someone else came into the room and we went and bought cider.

Guest AcrossCanyons

Playing through Lost Odyssey (again?) - got to the final boss before but never beat it. Going through and trying to achieve 100% (or as close as I can). What an amazing game. I don't think it really hit me how great it was the first time - great voice acting (particularly for an rpg made by the final fantasy fellas), great characters and design (Tho Gongora is one weird looking fella. Also Kaim's outfit is a bit ehhh) and an amazing story.

I also love The Thousand Years Of Dreams parts. If there was a book, I'd read it.

but half life 2 is THE best

Undisputed. I love how Valve keeps updating it, too. That game has aged incredibly well for being 6 or 7 years old now.

Playing through Lost Odyssey (again?) - got to the final boss before but never beat it. Going through and trying to achieve 100% (or as close as I can). What an amazing game. I don't think it really hit me how great it was the first time - great voice acting (particularly for an rpg made by the final fantasy fellas), great characters and design (Tho Gongora is one weird looking fella. Also Kaim's outfit is a bit ehhh) and an amazing story.

I also love The Thousand Years Of Dreams parts. If there was a book, I'd read it.

Those short stories were fantastic.

Alan Wake on off and now Crysis 2. might get into Shogun 2 later

started a bizarre adventure game a little while back called I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream but didn't get very far.. gonna get back to that one, possible Dark Seed also

Brought Crysis 2 yesterday.

Only played it for like 20 before i crashed. Then i turned it on again, played some multiplayer for like a half hour, and it crashed again :facepalm:

Edit: for the X360 btw.

Game companies have gotten really fucking lazy with quality control. Fucking day 1 patches and shit, i mean, how much actually testing did they put into the release version, not everybody is connected to the internet and even those who are shouldn't have to download a huge patch just to make it playable the week it comes out. Nintendo even, apparently the 3DS launch has buggy firmware that includes random total crashes of the system to a black screen, their answer is that it needs to be updated first. I think there was an interview with david jaffe recently where he talks about this and how he thinks new releases should be good enough that they won't need patches for at least the first month.

I wish I had more time for games, but I play like 30 minutes a week.

I've been working through HL2 since May or something and I'm only 7 hours in, lol.

half life 2 the bridge bit... was my all time most scariest moment in my gaming history. sweaty palms time for sure.

i should try and do the gnome bit... but i cba at the moment im too into my nba and nhl

half life 2 the bridge bit... was my all time most scariest moment in my gaming history. sweaty palms time for sure.

one of mine too, i got a genuine sense of vertigo off it

but scariest game? amnesia, without a fucking doubt

On my phone: Chrono Trigger - I've played it loads of times in the past but kept forgetting where I'd got to so would have to restart. This has been the perfect game to play on my journey to and from work, Square would make an absolute killing if they sold their old RPGs to the mobile market.

On my lappy: Finally got my fookin' shit video card drivers sorted, so played through FRACT (had a brief chat with the developer after I beat it who reckons he's probably going to now develop it into a full game given the positive feedback he's got) and am about 2/3rds through Osmos. The full version of Osmos suprised me, the demo seems to show that you can quickly plough though each level so long as you don't steer like an idiot but in the full game there's levels that you've got to be nearly pixel perfect with your inertia and you have to work out what would be the most beneficial/least detrimental direction to go without 'feeding' the rival cells. Well good fun.

On my PS3: Pacman DX and Afterburner Climax, though I seem to hardly play my PS3 recently....

So...I just finished Half Life 2. I know I'm jb&nning the crap out of some games, but I just hadn't been into these types for a while. Should I start on the sequel (i bought the orange box so i have all the expansions, etc) or should I go ahead and start playing portal?

Is there any common ground between the 2? HL2 ended with that whole portal scene, just coincidence, or same production team?

HL2, was so much better than Doom 3, granted there were some things from Doom I was missing a little bit. But overall game play was a lot more fun, and there was much more to do, though the story wasn't as, dramatic or epic, I dunno something.

All in all Half Life was pretty great. I appreciate the attention to detail, but sometimes I wish there had been a lil mo0re to offer in all the far off places you could explore, that would more than often give you nothing but the desire to turn around and get back to wtf you were doing in the first place. I really felt challenged in a few spots, and had a hard time finding somet hings, mainly b/c they blended into the background a lot (ie a ledge with a ladder i didn't notice forever in we never go to...pt2). I liked the ending actually. A bit of a weirdness, and I liked that the final bit of the game was challenging, granted it wasn't really "hard" I just felt the pressure to go fast and get it over with and only having one weapon made it a little interesting.

Is there any common ground between the 2? HL2 ended with that whole portal scene, just coincidence, or same production team?

I'm guessing largely the same team. Trademark Valve story-telling and tension- & level-building in both games. Their universes are also connected at some points. Aperture Science is a rival of Black Mesa. The tone is very different though so I doubt they would fully cross into each other's worlds.

Doesn't really matter what you play next, both episodes are great and arguably better than HL2. And Portal is even more essential. :)

Archived