IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Just started playing Alan Wake myself. It isn't exactly what I expected, but it does compel me to play and the story is semi interesting.

The gameplay gets a bit repetitive, but the story and the atmosphere is fucking phenomenal

xvY42.jpg

o6en4o.jpg

lol

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Signal episode was better than the main game episodes.

So if the Writer is even better, then i'm sold.

The Writer is just a lot more dream/nightmare-like in the vein of Stephen King and David Lynch

i've been dicking around in the creation kit for skyrim. it's loads of fun. also, i'm close to finishing the main quest for the first time! it's really exciting!

i think i've taken out the elder scroll like 10 times now just to see the cool blinding effect.

Guest Pennywise

I kinda ruined skyrim for myself by doing the smithing trick to get daedric armour and weapons. I'm on level 35 and Its not really challenging anymore. I'm also one of those people that loses interest in the dialogue so I skip a lot of it.

Great game, I wish the smithing part of the game was taken out though. It's too easy to exploit it. I know I could of chose not to of used it but it's too tempting to make armour and weapons that are twice as good as the shit you had before.

I got the ps3 demos for Shank 2 + Mass Effect 3 yesterday. I enjoyed the small amount of time I got on Shank. Looks like it'll be a worthy purchase so I think I'll get that. Sort of like a modern day Streets of Rage.

shank_2_coop.jpg

I've never played a Mass Effect and was maybe expecting too much but I didn't think much of the demo. The controls seem like they're unrefined and movement just feels wooden. I don't think I'll be getting that when it comes out.

recently finished skyward sword. i just got a wii for christmas so this was my first time playing through an entire wii game. i thought the controls were gonna be fucked up but they turned out alright. it only messed up once in awhile, although the bow and arrow seemed to get fucked up a lot, but it's easy to recalibrate.

the bosses were kinda repetitive. ugh the imprisoned. and they kinda overused the eye-as-the-weak-spot thing, but it was implemented in different ways, so the bosses were still cool. the first two dungeons are kinda boring and only have one floor level, so iwas like "what! where are all the cool complex dungeons???" but they get better.

i liked that gratitude crystals and shit gave sidequests a point, unlike in twilight princess, and i actually felt compelled enough to get every goddess cube and heart piece. it did kinda suck that the surface wasn't connected, but i did like that navigating the sky was sort of reminiscent of wind waker, so the style was like a nice wind waker/twilight princess hybrid.

tl;dr i found it fun and it held my attention for the entire game and that is not very easy, but then again i'm a sucker for zelda games.

sooo excited to get into an open world rpg now though. started skyrim last night!

I'm playing Farcry 2. Got it for free on PSPlus so I figured I'd give it a go. It's pretty cool so far. It's a little out of date, but I'm having fun with it so who cares.

Guest Enter a new display name

I just finished the first God of War. I really liked but it seemed like a generic blockbuster/Californian version of Devil May Cry.

Now playing Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater!

I'm playing Farcry 2. Got it for free on PSPlus so I figured I'd give it a go. It's pretty cool so far. It's a little out of date, but I'm having fun with it so who cares.

I really loved Far Cry 2 and thought it was pretty replayable. Can't wait for the new one.

I really loved Far Cry 2 and thought it was pretty replayable. Can't wait for the new one.

yeah Farcry 3 looks awesome.

Magic The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers

i have always been attracted to MTG but unable to find people to play with and therefore learn. This gives me as a beginner a way into it without it being intimidating. Good fun. I have gone on to buy Magic: Online and get deep into building my own decks and shit.

i have always been attracted to MTG but unable to find people to play with and therefore learn. This gives me as a beginner a way into it without it being intimidating. Good fun. I have gone on to buy Magic: Online and get deep into building my own decks and shit.

i have about 10000+ of the cards, some worth 100s of $$....

I'm in the same boat, noone to play with anymore =(

i have about 10000+ of the cards, some worth 100s of $$....

I'm in the same boat, noone to play with anymore =(

cool, I used to have a decent collection, 3000 cards or so. started around revised and had some good cards.. but no one to play with anymore so I ended up selling it all. it's funny, because now I live in a house where everyone has played that game at one point and reminices, but no one has cards anymore.

Well I bought Mushihime-sama Futari Black Label on Xbox Live thinking that it was the full damn game only to realize that its an addon. So, that means now I gotta buy Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5 (Platinum Collection) - Region Free. At least the addon will give me god mode for harder difficulty.

Guest viscosity

Dear Esther. we need more games like this, really felt like a trip (and was probably hinting at that fact with all the chemical/electronic fusion symbols scattered throughout). Everything was excellent. haven't gotten chills like this since Myst/Riven

Magic the Gathering!!!

I collected the cards because I loved the designs and little stories they told. I played it once and got my ass handed to me by a bunch of kids that were surprisingly enough, even nerdier than I was.

Maybe I should try the computerized version....I was jealous of the people that knew what they were doing.

Really cool free game called Nitronic Rush. Thought it would be lame but I've spent some time on and its rewarding getting the stunts down.

Its like Wipout meets tron on the PC. Music is like that of the latest Tron music, Daft Punkish.

http://nitronic-rush.com/

Well I bought Mushihime-sama Futari Black Label on Xbox Live thinking that it was the full damn game only to realize that its an addon. So, that means now I gotta buy Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5 (Platinum Collection) - Region Free. At least the addon will give me god mode for harder difficulty.

Wait, you want HARDER DIFFICULTY for Hime-sama? Are you some sort of savant, capable of predicting bullet paths with 1mm distances, or know the actual hit box outline of your character?

Magic the Gathering!!!

I collected the cards because I loved the designs and little stories they told. I played it once and got my ass handed to me by a bunch of kids that were surprisingly enough, even nerdier than I was.

Maybe I should try the computerized version....I was jealous of the people that knew what they were doing.

yeah man the artwork and stories ruled!

I tried the version that's on steam, but it's way too limiting. should give Magic Online a shot.

Archived