IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

I'm getting slightly hyped for Diablo 3. Never tried a Diablo game before. We should get some WATMM co-op going!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to get into Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory next

quality soundtrack

By that guy who made ISAM? LOL!!!

Edit: new page

still goin to watch his live show in seattle faggot.

Going to get into Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory next

quality soundtrack

The environmental sounds in this game are so immersive that if it were anybody else than Amon Tobin breaking the silence it would ruin the atmosphere. I love the fact that the music is used sparsely if you don't run around shooting everything.

I bought this game way back when it came out but didn't give it an honest try, stopped about halfway or so. I'm surprised to see it has hardly aged at all. It's really the little things, like guards taking a blind shot in the dark instead of gaining psychic powers as soon as they hear a noise. Throwing wine bottles and stuff at walls to distract is fun as hell. Most of all I enjoy the possibility to dedicate to pure non-lethal stealth, the atmosphere and all the sounds and music fit together perfectly for that.

I'm getting slightly hyped for Diablo 3. Never tried a Diablo game before. We should get some WATMM co-op going!

yes please, count me the fuck in

I have a question about the Arma II DayZ mod... I don't get the full concept. Zombies are AI, but are all humans real players? It's some big MMORPG or there are servers with 64 people max? It would suck if there's only 64 humans max in an entire 200 square km map

I have a question about the Arma II DayZ mod... I don't get the full concept. Zombies are AI, but are all humans real players? It's some big MMORPG or there are servers with 64 people max? It would suck if there's only 64 humans max in an entire 200 square km map

I think that's the beauty of it. It's the apocalypse. Everyone you meet is a survivor.

I think that's the beauty of it. It's the apocalypse. Everyone you meet is a survivor.

Oh so it kinda sucks, you could be weeks before ever finding another human being. What's the max # of person on a server??

Oh so it kinda sucks, you could be weeks before ever finding another human being. What's the max # of person on a server??

You could but I believe there is some way you can spawn on friends when you enter a map... I watched them play it at GiantBomb the other day and they were able to do this somehow.

You can download the free version of ARMA 2 here

http://www.arma2.com/free

I can't remember the max number of players on a server but it's a LOT of players. Don't know if the same goes for this mod.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

OH SWEET! So you can really play the Day Z mod with Arma II free 4 free??? This is good news, I understand that it's really buggy right now but this seems like it would be really fun with a bunch of homies either way.

I feel I probably now need a Playstation Move to counteract the insane wranglings I've tried to perform with my humble regular controller over the last hour or so -

wow that datura game looks like it could be interesting.

i still need to buy Journey, but ever since the PSN online breakin way back when Im nervous about putting my info on there.

Yeah i saw Datura on the market yest.... intriguing.... im wondering if its like dear ester except with some interactivity?

I want to play journey but 15$ is steep for a game thats only a few hours long.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

OH SWEET! So you can really play the Day Z mod with Arma II free 4 free??? This is good news, I understand that it's really buggy right now but this seems like it would be really fun with a bunch of homies either way.

Uhh it's looking like Arma 2 Free doesn't allow mods. :(

And it looks like Day Z is made for Arma 2: Combined Operations expansion.

i have a question, no idea if anyone here can answer.

There's a great website, <Abandonwarez link removed> and i downloaded some of my fave Sierra strategy games when I was a young lad....

how the hell can i get this to play on my comp? driving me nuts? anyone else try to play old WIN95 games on Vista?

I finally got the opening prompt to come up but its still asking me to insert a cd....wtf

I've removed the link as it's actually still available (and patched to be playable on new machines/operating systems) here - http://www.gog.com/gamecard/lords_of_magic_special_eddition

Yeah i saw Datura on the market yest.... intriguing.... im wondering if its like dear ester except with some interactivity?

Yeah it's sort of a mixture of dear esther (if set in a woods rather than by the coast), lsd: dream emulator, silent hill shattered memories, and myst (sort of). The standard (non Playstation Move) controls are a bit yucky though

You could but I believe there is some way you can spawn on friends when you enter a map... I watched them play it at GiantBomb the other day and they were able to do this somehow.

You can download the free version of ARMA 2 here

http://www.arma2.com/free

I can't remember the max number of players on a server but it's a LOT of players. Don't know if the same goes for this mod.

Yeah it seems like 64. In a way this is good and bad. It's like the Zombie apocalypse *really* did it's job, more than there's a good faction of living human beings trying to push it out. 99.99% is the casualty rate, not 95%.

Still playing some DayZ with a friend. And although it's a big part of the charm, even with 2 players it's very hard to stay alive for long. Seems like the best thing you can do is work as a large, communicating and focussed group to keep constant awareness of your surroundings and have a large resource buffer. I love the intense feeling of hords of zombies running after you after shooting your last bullet though. We need more of these "emergent" multiplayer games. Hopefully the success of this mod will inspire other developers.

I'm also giving Alan Wake another chance (went DRM-free on GoG.com) and getting into it now. Still don't care much for the main character but I love the distorted visuals and suspense.

I've removed the link as it's actually still available (and patched to be playable on new machines/operating systems) here - http://www.gog.com/g...pecial_eddition

Yeah it's sort of a mixture of dear esther (if set in a woods rather than by the coast), lsd: dream emulator, silent hill shattered memories, and myst (sort of). The standard (non Playstation Move) controls are a bit yucky though

ahh ok nice... so when you say yucky, does it ruin the gameplay or what? What makes it so bad?

ahh ok nice... so when you say yucky, does it ruin the gameplay or what? What makes it so bad?

It uses the motion sensor of the 6-axis/dual shock pad for the bulk of the interactivity which is kinda clunky. Moving and looking around the place is fine, but when doing things like opening doors you have to physically rotate the control pad 360 degrees (usually several times as the technology in the pad doesn't register it properly) which results in very stop-start progress and kind of pulls you out of the immersion of the game. I mean it's not enough to ruin the experience (it's not for example as soul destroying as controlling 'the arm' in the old PC game Trespasser), but I can see how the game would be much better if I had a Playstation Move.

If I were to give the game any award though it would be for 'Best pig animation in a game', sounds like I'm being facetious but when you see it you'll be like "Fuck me - that is an awesome realisation of a pig !"

Archived