IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to buy a new ps3 game tonight. I'm leaning towards uncharted 2, but I also have interest in Demon souls, bioshock 2, little big planet, GOW 3, fallout 3, killzone 2, far cry 2, COD4, just cause 2, arkham asylum, ratchet and clank future, dead space, BC2, or assassin's creed 2. All of which I've never played or only played a demo. HELP?! I'm looking for immediate gratification, A great game overall, but also a lot of depth and replay value, but I don't want to invest too much time into it where I get sucked in and make progress slowly and waste my life, which is why I'm a little bit hesetent about fallout 3. Should I get uncharted 2 or something else like demon's souls.

Currently all I have is MW2, MGS4, GTA4, bioshock, and heavy rain.

sounds like you want along the lines of Bad Company 2 (best online FPS right now), Little Big Planet, or Ratchet and Clank (Dead Space is a good choice too). you can pretty much pick up and play any of those w/o getting too caught up in grinding, or pushing thru super difficult levels (Dead Space has a few though).

Going to buy a new ps3 game tonight. I'm leaning towards uncharted 2, but I also have interest in Demon souls, bioshock 2, little big planet, GOW 3, fallout 3, killzone 2, far cry 2, COD4, just cause 2, arkham asylum, ratchet and clank future, dead space, BC2, or assassin's creed 2. All of which I've never played or only played a demo. HELP?! I'm looking for immediate gratification, A great game overall, but also a lot of depth and replay value, but I don't want to invest too much time into it where I get sucked in and make progress slowly and waste my life, which is why I'm a little bit hesetent about fallout 3. Should I get uncharted 2 or something else like demon's souls.

sounds like you want along the lines of Bad Company 2 (best online FPS right now), Little Big Planet, or Ratchet and Clank (Dead Space is a good choice too). you can pretty much pick up and play any of those w/o getting too caught up in grinding, or pushing thru super difficult levels (Dead Space has a few though).

oh shit totally forgot...dead space is a great game!! its like resident evil 4 but with far better atmosphere, sound effects, monsters, etc....

Sony is taking Linux away from the PS3? hopefully this is an April fools joke..

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10471356-17.html

No, apparently the exploit recently rumoured to be found uses Linux as a backdoor, so Sony's being proactive in closing that loophole.

Plus, who actually uses Linux on the PS3? (not many, I'd reckon - they can go buy a regular computer and run Linux and use the PS3 for games as it was intended).

Guest mafted

that just doesn't sound right. you can't take features away from a product like that.. not a good move. i'd bet it's more about taking the ability to run emulation software away so you have to buy the games from the PSN.

im still waiting for REZ HD to come already....how can they allow xbox to do it? that was one of the only reasons i hesitated buying a PS3, even though ive been a sony fanboi all my life.

I started and finished God of War 3 on Saturday. Great game but it felt a bit short. If I play it again I'm upping the difficulty.

Working thru FF13 atm. I'm at Chapter 12 and a bit overpowered. I have over 80+ hours on my save file. This guy is slowly turning out to be game of the year for me.

that just doesn't sound right. you can't take features away from a product like that.. not a good move. i'd bet it's more about taking the ability to run emulation software away so you have to buy the games from the PSN.

Yeah, basically - Sony's console is the only one that hasn't been hacked, and they'd like to keep it that way. Even if it means pissing off a very small minority of users.

im still waiting for REZ HD to come already....how can they allow xbox to do it? that was one of the only reasons i hesitated buying a PS3, even though ive been a sony fanboi all my life.

It's Microsoft, basically - they throw money at licensees to have exclusive product or a window of exclusivity, and that's why they typically get it first. Sony does it too, but are more willing to give dev tools and financial assistance to game makers than cold hard cash, so they typically get less exclusives in that case. That being said, there's only a few 360 exclusive games right now I'd want for PS3 (REZ HD being one of them). It will eventually happen though - look at Lumines - it ended up on PSN, and better for it!

rez doesnt need hd, it needs a rebirth of the trance-vibrator :emotawesomepm9:

Just finished GoW 1, now going through 2 (gonna go back and finish all the trophies later; want to finish 2 so I can finally allow myself to play GoW 3).

Brilliant game eh? I've got the platinum for GoW1, but I'm gonna do what your doing with GoW2. Just finish the game so I can play GoW3 already. Man, I can't wait to pop it in for the first time.

In the meantime I'm still playing FFXIII. I'm about 46 hours in and I must say, I'm actually really enjoying it.

oh shit totally forgot...dead space is a great game!! its like resident evil 4 but with far better atmosphere, sound effects, monsters, etc....

I ended up getting uncharted 2, I'm a little dissapointed because the reviews are so high but I feel like I am nearly finished with it, and its a bit more linear than I had hoped. The puzzles are cool but there doesn't seem to be that many. I just got to the mountaineering level. I kind of wish I went for demon's souls(i don't know why I want this game it just seems intriging to me) or just cause 2(demo is rediculously fun).

Just finished GoW 1, now going through 2 (gonna go back and finish all the trophies later; want to finish 2 so I can finally allow myself to play GoW 3).

Brilliant game eh? I've got the platinum for GoW1, but I'm gonna do what your doing with GoW2. Just finish the game so I can play GoW3 already. Man, I can't wait to pop it in for the first time.

In the meantime I'm still playing FFXIII. I'm about 46 hours in and I must say, I'm actually really enjoying it.

Fucking hell, you must be playing a LOT - you went from admiring my 12 (har har), to having a 10 yourself in a short span of time! I play perhaps an hour, half an hour every other day or so when I have the time.

And yes, GoW 1 is great - I'm a bit disappointed by how much 2 apes 1's systems and weapons (Posiedon's Rage is now Chronos' Rage, etc.), but the graphics are markedly better than 1, and that's saying a lot.

I ended up getting uncharted 2, I'm a little dissapointed because the reviews are so high but I feel like I am nearly finished with it, and its a bit more linear than I had hoped. The puzzles are cool but there doesn't seem to be that many. I just got to the mountaineering level. I kind of wish I went for demon's souls(i don't know why I want this game it just seems intriging to me) or just cause 2(demo is rediculously fun).

Gradius V

work well when listening to Ceephax

I was really excited early on when they announced Gradius 6 for the PS3, but that drifted off into limbo...

Demon Souls is very much worth it but you need a lot of self control. Staying focussed, knowing what you're doing, experimenting with new tactics without getting killed... If you get too mad at yourself, fuck up twice and see all those precious souls go down the drain, it's hard to stay zen. It's always fair though, you die because you misjudged.

Very unique, very deep, nerve-wracking at times, but not for everyone to say the least. I'm a bit too hot-blooded for it myself. Still want to finish it though.

sneaking up on nub recons in BBC2 and putting some c4 on their ass then standing next to them whilst they blow up and can see who killed them -i can imagine their chat 'ZOMFG dude just C4'd me man, fuckin' asshole'

then finding them and doing it again

and again

and again

then they log off

man I am a total c*nt!

Archived