IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. Picked it up a year ago for only $18 too.

Yeah I've been enjoying that recently too - For some reason at almost every Game store here in London has copies of it for about 4 quid (just over 6 dolloars)

Guest disparaissant

Metriod Other M

The story is very :facepalm:

it's like something out of Final Fantasy 10 more so than a Metriod game, so much emo whiny bullshit

which wouldn't bother me if it wasn't so intrusive

and they do this lame character intro thing after the first boss, it was actually a cheesy/funny moment

remember the first Metroid where you press start and immediately play the game? what happened to that?!

But the gameplay is good, it's like a 3D version of Super Metriod

when you switch views you get bullet time and you get melee attacks so you don't die because of it

you can also jump on enemies while charged up and explode them

yeah im playing this too, albeit very very casually (i've found i'm bored to death with video games in general) and it's kind of annoying me

samus was always my favorite video game character (becuz she's a gurl lol) and finding out her back story and everything is just something i never cared about/wanted. she's much better as a mysterious silent killer.

Super Metroid

Metroid Fusion

Metroid Zero Mission

Yes. Obsessed I am. I would love to play Metroid Prime again. It's been years. Metroid Prime 2 kicked my ass. I never made it through that 1. I never played Prime 3. Also, I think the new Metroid came out today. Makes me wish I had a wii. I got that LSD game for the playstation tho. Once I get around to it I'll prob give that a go, along with a few others.

get a wii and get prime trilogy. it's got corruption and the first two prime games with the wii FPS setup added in. and the wii FPS setup is awesome.

also wiis are super easy to softmod

free games

Indeed. Picked it up a year ago for only $18 too.

Yeah I've been enjoying that recently too - For some reason at almost every Game store here in London has copies of it for about 4 quid (just over 6 dolloars)

Yup, every Gamestop I've been to has around 10 copies. I'm guessing this game didn't get a lot of hype, which is a shame. It's absolutely awesome thus far.

Gameplay is solid, and the soundtrack is awesome too.

I watched the first half hour of Other M... I'm definitely gonna pick it up soon, as Metroid has always been my favourite game series, but the cutscene/ backstory bullshit... it's gonna drive me up the fucking wall. Never gave a fuck about who Samus was, I just enjoyed the item collection and boss murdering and exploration. I have to get permission to use my weapons to do things I know I have to do eventually, but can't because of my respect for some dude? :facepalm:

Yup, every Gamestop I've been to has around 10 copies. I'm guessing this game didn't get a lot of hype, which is a shame. It's absolutely awesome thus far.

Gameplay is solid, and the soundtrack is awesome too.

Agreed on both gameplay and the soundtrack - It really is a great game. Probably something that's best played in little bits though - I can imagine if you played level after level in one go the whole thing might get a touch repetitive. I've had it for about a month or two now but have only played it about 4 or 5 times as I don't want to ruin it by getting through it so quickly.

For me, it's a game I'll probably blaze through two or three times, though I guess that might change later on. But I really wanna go through on hard... and it's a lot more fun with the runner vision off for me, though there have been one or two places that i've had to turn it back on for. :trashbear:

Guest Fishtank

I watched the first half hour of Other M... I'm definitely gonna pick it up soon, as Metroid has always been my favourite game series, but the cutscene/ backstory bullshit... it's gonna drive me up the fucking wall. Never gave a fuck about who Samus was, I just enjoyed the item collection and boss murdering and exploration. I have to get permission to use my weapons to do things I know I have to do eventually, but can't because of my respect for some dude? :facepalm:

just wait until you get to do the pixel hunt!

Guest futuregirlfriend

Just played a bit of this. Doesn't look like much but playing it with my friend when we were about 13 is one of my favourite gaming memories, so I have to redownload it every so often. Still can't beat the end boss.

I bought Starcraft 2. It was about time I bought a Blizzard game and I'm loving it. Battle. net ftw

I was just reading the starcraft 2 thread today. I got it about a week ago and im in the throes of addiction. The only other watmmers that i know of playing are max mischief and gordo. We should get some multiple human player versus human player action going down in this game on the internet!

im trying to finish alan wake but for me its REALLY REALLY boring now. just like 10 minutes more to play but its getting tedious.

playing the nhl11 demo loads as well, its close if not the best sports game i have ever seen or played. everything is just so much awesome. they've upped the graphics.

part from that batman as well but getting bored. with most games

im trying to finish alan wake but for me its REALLY REALLY boring now. just like 10 minutes more to play but its getting tedious.

playing the nhl11 demo loads as well, its close if not the best sports game i have ever seen or played. everything is just so much awesome. they've upped the graphics.

part from that batman as well but getting bored. with most games

I bought Starcraft 2. It was about time I bought a Blizzard game and I'm loving it. Battle. net ftw

I was just reading the starcraft 2 thread today. I got it about a week ago and im in the throes of addiction. The only other watmmers that i know of playing are max mischief and gordo. We should get some multiple human player versus human player action going down in this game on the internet!

lets fuckin do this

mass effect.

i am in love with mass effect 2, so i felt it was only right to play the first and replay the second afterward with my new shepard.

the combat suuucks. for some reason, none of my npcs understand the concept of cover. they just stand in the middle of hallways and shoot. smart. i always end up being the last one alive.

also, the cool down times for biotics is killing me! fifty seconds!? at least you can use them all separately.

mass effect 2 definitely improved on combat. i like the upgrade system from the first one though. but then again, i'm a huge rpg enthusiast, so i don't mind inventory management.

also, i miss the little quick events for paragon/renegade dialogue that me2 has. i always liked shepard stepping in like "WAIT A SECOND, BITCH."

The only thing I miss from the first Mass Effect is that you can drive that shuttle around on planets. Although it was kind of tedious to have to find your objective that way, it was a lot more realistic.

And I did like the gun upgrade system. I used that toxic acid shit that would melt through armor. I guess that thing was nixed, though.

I finished ME2 last week, but I'm still playing and leveling. I like that I can continue playing even after the game is finished.

mass effect.

i am in love with mass effect 2, so i felt it was only right to play the first and replay the second afterward with my new shepard.

the combat suuucks. for some reason, none of my npcs understand the concept of cover. they just stand in the middle of hallways and shoot. smart. i always end up being the last one alive.

also, the cool down times for biotics is killing me! fifty seconds!? at least you can use them all separately.

mass effect 2 definitely improved on combat. i like the upgrade system from the first one though. but then again, i'm a huge rpg enthusiast, so i don't mind inventory management.

also, i miss the little quick events for paragon/renegade dialogue that me2 has. i always liked shepard stepping in like "WAIT A SECOND, BITCH."

later on in the game you start really hating the inventory management bullshit because you have so many doubles of everything and you get full and have to omni gel a bunch of shit that you thought you would be able to keep or sell or what ever... also if you pick up some items and your inventory is full you cant just go to your inventory and clean it out you have to omni gel everything you just picked up... so yea later on it gets really tedious having to clean that shit out after like every battle..

Archived