IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dorian Grey 8/10 - not bad for a low budget Brit flick. Strong cast, nice pace, good adaptation of the story.

Watchman Directors Cut 8/10 - they should have put these cut scenes in and got rid of some of the romantic waffle earlier in the film.The extra 24mins does add to the characters but as a whole still feels too long and only gets going in the last hour.

just saw tintin too, technically it's just amazing, you could nitpick but in general it's very impressive. the story is a bit hollow and tintin isn't that interesting of a character (the captain is was a lot of fun though) but once the action gets going it's completely exhilarating and captivating, loved the attention to details (the morocco's water sultan was a neat touch) and the cutesy stuff didn't go overboard. it's kinda weak at both ends but overall it's a lot of fun.

it's too bad Tin Tin didn't make the waves it could have. I think if they hyped it up a little more by saying stuff like 'the first movie by the studio who brought you Avatar since Avatar', i know thats not entirely accurate but as far as i understand its only the 1st movie post Avatar to use the same WETA motion capture studio. they could have also hyped up Andy Serkis a little more, he was hilarious in Tin Tin.

Have to jump on board and say that Tin Tin was the best animated film I've seen in a while. I never felt I was trying to be fooled in any way. It looked like a cartoon...but realistic..that doesn't make any sense, I am sure. I just never felt there was anything gimmicky about it. Also, it seems like they have conquered the dead eye problem, coming from movies like Polar Express and Beowulf.

i just hope it made enough money for Peter Jackson to get to helm the 2nd one, that was the deal between him and Spielberg. I have a feeling it didn't make enough money unfortunately .Plus PJ is busy working on the Hobbit, even if he was hired to do a sequel to Tin Tin he probably couldn't start fully working on it until at least a year from now. Movies franchies post LOTR seem to rely heavily quick successive sequels. I think if they wait too long it will be even less bankable than before. The only exception to this rule is the new Trek sequel, but that's probably just because JJ is treated like royalty in hollywood, damn i hate that guy.

i bought some films to watch over this weekend, most i've seen before but i bought them due to the extras. but there is one film i got which got reccomended to me by a lovely french girl: Latcho Drom

DVD's i got are:

zoolander

and 3 disc SE of black hawk down.

also going to finish off this ken burns baseball documentary this weekend. what a epic documentary!

+ eight men down

TinTin

Probably the best cgi thing I ever saw, and I thought it also worked very well as a action movie. It kinda surprised me, but also didn't as you fellows already said it was great.

i bought some films to watch over this weekend, most i've seen before but i bought them due to the extras. but there is one film i got which got reccomended to me by a lovely french girl: Latcho Drom

DVD's i got are:

zoolander

and 3 disc SE of black hawk down.

also going to finish off this ken burns baseball documentary this weekend. what a epic documentary!

+ eight men down

still watching that documentary? hahaha

especially the alien bits that had to be cgi'd because we are not sure what a formless creature looks like.......erm

I enjoyed the remake way more than I thought I would....but apparently I am in the minority here on many of my opinions.

'A Dangerous Method' is Cronenberg sexy, i.e. repressed, angry, and naughty. :diablo:

Guest Xenblake

Naked Lunch it's the third time I've seen this and it gets better and clearer with every viewing. Peter Weller is amazing portraying Burroughs, the way he just seems to float around in a constant haze, spouting these brilliant monologues.

Lost In Translation probably the fourth ot fifth time watching this, still good but hasn't gotten better (or worse) since the first time I saw it.

Archived