IGNORED

new aphex twin album

Guest IRARI

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When the reissue of SOSW was about to come out, he told me that the two tracks were literally the first two tracks off the first DAT he found labeled "Polygon Window". He said not to tell WARP that, though. LOL.

How awesome would it be if it was a Polygon Window release! I'd shit myself inside out if it was.

I remember reading years back that there were enough tracks for another Polygon Window album, but it never appeared. But didn't rephlex/Grant nix those stolen DAT tracks from being released recently saying that they were planning a proper release of that old material? Personally I prefer my windows Polygon to Caustic.

Guest Dirty Protest

What is this shite. WTF happened the Konklaver thread? What did it have to do with this. Its still fucking happening.

Guest bunty

I think it would be so awesome if it was a complete retread of old material with nothing new or challenging whatsoever

My favs are the groundbreaking tracks that make me say "Why didn't I think of that?" Cause Im an idiot, but anyway.

Tracks like Windowlicker, fenix funk, Nanou and the bucephalus bouncing ball, gwarek,,etc..

I like all his stuff though. I'm shameless that way

Guest David R James
gwarek 2

Its also one of my favorite tracks but its isnt ground breaking at all, that has been done a million times before, even as far back as 30 years previous to when it was made.

I actually consider ICBYD as one of his weaker releases. Am I alone in this? I think SOSW, Drukqs, and SAWII to be the strongest.

I used to think it was just ok, but after listening to it about 10 times, I fell in love with it. The sound throughout the album is massive, it's probably his most cohesive album. No other Aphex album has the kind of sound, I can't even explain it. I love SAWII and Drukqs, but I just keep coming back to ICBYD.

Gwarek just freaks me out, don't understand how one could like it

I listened to that yesterday. He should compose horror scores.

When the reissue of SOSW was about to come out, he told me that the two tracks were literally the first two tracks off the first DAT he found labeled "Polygon Window". He said not to tell WARP that, though. LOL.

How awesome would it be if it was a Polygon Window release! I'd shit myself inside out if it was.

I remember reading years back that there were enough tracks for another Polygon Window album, but it never appeared. But didn't rephlex/Grant nix those stolen DAT tracks from being released recently saying that they were planning a proper release of that old material? Personally I prefer my windows Polygon to Caustic.

I had forgotten about that... perhaps that's the Rephlex release of supposedly"older material" mentioned previously?

What is this shite. WTF happened the Konklaver thread? What did it have to do with this. Its still fucking happening.

Please, just stop. The joke ran it's course.

Guest David R James

Even with some form of truth, this thread with still become as annoying and pointless as the konklaver thread, oh wait....?

Guest Barricade
Even with some form of truth, this thread with still become as annoying and pointless as the konklaver thread, oh wait....?

the only difference is, is that this news is actually from a more reliable source.

You're not likely to see/read anything 'official' about the whole WARP/Richard/Warner debacle - and for good legal reasons. I don't quite buy a release of "older unreleased material" as traditionally, Richard moves forward rather than looks back, unless it's for a reissue like SOSW that had those two extra tracks for the 2001 reissue (funny story behind those I've told before), or it's stuff he started working on long ago, and revisited for a current release.

I'm sure as WARP get closer to an official announcement, we'll see mention of it pop up elsewhere soon.

could we hear the funny story again? i dont know it :embrassed:

Fuck that. I love Polygon Window but Drukqs man... Drukqs....

or maybe he should just blend the richard d james album/come to daddy ep/i care because you do/hangable auto bulb/saw1+2/all analord/tuss/polygon window/druqks styles together in one album, plus a new direction

and a new cunningham video

Guest HokusPoker
i want to contribute to this thread

Don't.

and a new cunningham video

Yessss.

I'd love some RDJA and definitely some enhanced, extended Tuss.

But I'll be pleased with ANYTHING with the Aphex Twin label on it. Fuck it, I'd even love some Chris de Burgh as long as these magical two words are on it.

Lady in reeeeed, lady in reeeeed...I would like some milk from the lady's red tits.

gwarek 2

Its also one of my favorite tracks but its isnt ground breaking at all, that has been done a million times before, even as far back as 30 years previous to when it was made.

Ok, gwarek is like a lot of Musique concrète from the past buts its got that aphex solidarity and sense of keep them interested that other oldies do not.

Id love to hear suggestions of tracks you think preceded gwarek

New album will be aggro as hell and everyone s going to hate it, at first. And we'll never hear that Manchester track again. ever. :-( Just trying to underwhelm myself

Guest JohnTqs

what was that track

Xaph Mt24 or something

probably not really the name but it'd be killer if that was on this

Guest David R James
gwarek 2

Id love to hear suggestions of tracks you think preceded gwarek

Have you heard poeme electronique by edgar varese, a 1958 master piece. Kontake by Stockhausen, but i dont actually like stockhausen that much at all apart from that. But there just obvious choices. All i was saying is afx wasnt the first person to create a track like gwarek 2. I would be interested in finding out if it was just done using his computer, i would much rather think he did it with tape for a laugh.

Archived