IGNORED

new aphex twin album

Guest IRARI

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers everyone! New Aphex album! My ears haven't been this excited since maybe Ott's Skylon last year! And Shpongle will be coming with an album this year too, seems like 2009 will be a good year for great music.

Back on Warp!!!!! :omg:

Jomox wasn't kidding about ole RDJ having something BIG planned for this year, under Aphex Twin this will get a lot of attention rather than some elusive AFX or Tuss release on Rephlex.

Someone needs some dosh that's for sure. :rolleyes:

Back on Warp!!!!! :omg:

Jomox wasn't kidding about ole RDJ having something BIG planned for this year, under Aphex Twin this will get a lot of attention rather than some elusive AFX or Tuss release on Rephlex.

Someone needs some dosh that's for sure. :rolleyes:

he's got a sheep addiction. and sheep aren't cheap

I've heard rumours that this will NOT follow in his recent Tuss/Analord-style sounds...

can you clear things up about warp and aphex?

i kept hearing that his contract was over, he wasn't going to release another album on warp anymore, and that he wasn't allowed to use the Aphex Twin pseudonym anymore...

i'm confuzzled

So am I, actually - all indications I've heard point to the whole relationship having soured irreparably, but apparently (as I suggested earlier), time, getting older, and money apparently heals all wounds. I could ask the "official sources", but I'd probably not get a clear answer, or if I did, not one I could share openly. Hopefully the little bird that put this in my ear to begin with will chirp some more.

Perhaps with all the major label shakeups, the whole Warner thing is water under the bridge now, and WARP wants a heavy-hitter to release something. I heard about this literally days before the announcement on BBC 6, and it was posited to me as "there's word going about that there's going to be a new release by Richard with a new sound" and not specifically Aphex Twin, AFX or any of his aliases.

I'm personally hoping he harks back to ICBYD-era sounds, as I think his musical highpoint (for me) was then. The sheer creativeness and otherworldly sounds on ICBYD just don't top anything else out there. But, as long as it has his trademark manic composition and lovely melodies, it will all be good.

*goes to relieve raging Aphex Twin boner*

i don't even know what to say, i am filled with joy.

the good thing about it being on warp besides it being an aphex album of course is the fact that warp releases large quantities of each album. my local record shop said they can't find rushup edge anymore on vinyl and that there's no more, this could be right i'm not sure, they could be lazy, but it makes since that a label like rephlex doesn't release anything like the amount warp does but still ya know ......

Guest glasse
If WARP's smart (marketing-wise), they'll milk this big time with vinyl+digital copies, deluxe versions, exclusive tracks, remix EPs, etc.

konklaver.kornrange.ep.afx

"If you experience an erection for more than 4 hours call your doctor." I think I need to call my doctor

damn i find out NOW i should have called a doctor back in 2003

*smacks tuss*

i spoke to richard recently and i can assure you that we will have not 1 but 2 releases from him real soon , one on rephlex and one on warp :-)

one will be unreleased old stuff and the other new stuff, one aphex one tuss

Damn, the whole reason I am here...News from one of "The Big 4", or as I call them, the 4 basic food groups. Now I'm gonna check this damn thread 5-10 times a day until I get some real info. I would expect Aphex to keep moving foward with his next release...not to move backwards. From ABBIII ICBYD to RDJ to CTD to Drukqs to Analord to Tuss...(which I still listen to daily) I can't imagine him releasing anything that isn't groundbreaking and that won't having all of us thinking, "shit is SICK, why didn't I think of that".

....But I'm scared..... We are all at his mercy.... :yeah: <--I wanna celebrate, but can't until I know he's not fucking around...Just don't wanna get my hopes up for another Smojphace(1 song) release..

Anybody else out there who's a little bit fearful???

Archived