IGNORED

Clark - Totems Flare

o00o

i love programs that force you to make a duplicate COPY of your mp3 or aiff file in order to be able to play it in said program when you drag it over to the playlist, fucking genius programming right there

what

i've never had this problem

maybe because you keep all your mps3s in one folder, i don't , im a disorganized mother fucker. I usually just drag mp3s from my HD into the player i want to listen to it with, on itunes if you try to do this if the files don't already reside in your Itunes directory it will COPY the data to it. try it and see if i am correct

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love programs that force you to make a duplicate COPY of your mp3 or aiff file in order to be able to play it in said program when you drag it over to the playlist, fucking genius programming right there

what

maybe because you keep all your mps3s in one folder, i don't , im a disorganized mother fucker. I usually just drag mp3s from my HD into the player i want to listen to it with, on itunes if you try to do this if the files don't already reside in your Itunes directory it will COPY the data to it. try it and see if i am correct

yeah I have this problem too, but what's better especially when I have an Ipod?

what

unfortunately that's the trap they create for you, its the same apple question as

- what do i do if i have more than 5 computers i want to play my mp3s on?

answer : you have to open a new itunes account with a new credit card number, sometimes it won't even work if you try this and your billing addresses match up, so the best work around is to just borrow a friend's itune account if you want to purcahse a movie or song on the brand new computer you bought (the 6th one)

-what do i do if i want to play out of my laptop certain movie i downloaded off the internet if i have already authorized 5 'displays'

answer:you have to open a new itunes account with a new credit card number, sometimes it won't even work if you try this and your billing addresses match up, so the best work around is to just borrow a friend's itune account if you want to purcahse a movie on the brand new computer you bought (the 6th one)

i think that was like 4 or 5 versions of itunes ago. like many many years ago. i dont understand how anyone an complain about itunes. to each their own though

but i have Itunes 8.2, is that not the most current version? why would you make up lies , or perhaps you misunderstand my complaint. For those not organized enough to want to drag every single mp3 of their's into one folder, say if you have a song that you just downloaded from a friend's file transfer, when you drag that over to an itunes playlist it duplicates the file for you (not moves it) into it's own itunes directory, thus creating 2 copies of the same file on your hard drive. On VLC media player or winamp or pretty much any other well programmed mp3 player it does not do this, it continues on like normal and plays the file from where it currently resides, for some reson Itiunes is incapable of keeping a file where it belongs while playing it. Pretty weird how someone could think that's good.

If you go into the iTunes preferences and go to the Advanced tab, there are some options for how your music is organized. I believe if you uncheck those first 2 boxes ("keep folder organized" and "copy files to iTunes folder") that will solve your problem and just leave 1 copy of your music wherever you have it.

what

unfortunately that's the trap they create for you, its the same apple question as

- what do i do if i have more than 5 computers i want to play my mp3s on?

answer : you have to open a new itunes account with a new credit card number, sometimes it won't even work if you try this and your billing addresses match up, so the best work around is to just borrow a friend's itune account if you want to purcahse a movie on the brand new computer you bought (the 6th one)

-what do i do if i want to play out of my laptop certain movie i downloaded off the internet if i have already authorized 5 'displays'

answer:you have to open a new itunes account with a new credit card number, sometimes it won't even work if you try this and your billing addresses match up, so the best work around is to just borrow a friend's itune account if you want to purcahse a movie on the brand new computer you bought (the 6th one)

i think that was like 4 or 5 versions of itunes ago. like many many years ago. i dont understand how anyone an complain about itunes. to each their own though

but i have Itunes 8.2, is that not the most current version? why would you make up lies , or perhaps you misunderstand my complaint. For those not organized enough to want to drag every single mp3 of their's into one folder, say if you have a song that you just downloaded from a friend's file transfer, when you drag that over to an itunes playlist it duplicates the file for you (not moves it) into it's own itunes directory, thus creating 2 copies of the same file on your hard drive. On VLC media player or winamp or pretty much any other well programmed mp3 player it does not do this, it continues on like normal and plays the file from where it currently resides, for some reson Itiunes is incapable of keeping a file where it belongs while playing it. Pretty weird how someone could think that's good.

If you go into the iTunes preferences and go to the Advanced tab, there are some options for how your music is organized. I believe if you uncheck those first 2 boxes ("keep folder organized" and "copy files to iTunes folder") that will solve your problem and just leave 1 copy of your music wherever you have it.

even over a remote hard drive like over a network location? if this is true thank you, it has been frustrating the shit out of me. why though does apple leave this on by default?

even over a remote hard drive like over a network location? if this is true thank you, it has been frustrating the shit out of me. why though does apple leave this on by default?

I'm not sure, but I think so... you'll have to try it. I actually love the way iTunes organizes everything so I have both of those options on... but it can be weird and it's not for everyone I guess.

Did anyone ever find steepgrass five? How is it?

Guest bitroast

i think itunes/apple is pretty much trynig to take over the world as being the most needed and convinient in the world. i guess the whole, organising the music for you option is sposed to be convinient. i use foobar for computer listening, but do use itunes for ipod. only just realised recently that other friends who also have ipods use the default sync option, and it's fucked them over when they were reorganising the music on their computer. silly apple.

100% agree with Awepittance, this program has spread like a fucking virus as far as I'm concerned. I just don't understand why you'd need it, all you need is a drag and drop directory folder system to transfer files to an MP3 player. I hate the way it tries to take over as default player all the time. I'm sure there's a way to turn that off, but Christ, it's an annoying default setting.

Also just as an MP3 player, it's really bloated. Winamp is sleek, minimal, hasn't REALLY changed for years that much, and provides pretty much anything you could want from an media player without taking up an entire fucking screen. Fuck iTunes basically

The following is a quote from page 30. I thought it might bring a little context to page 33:

Awepittance is a guy who hates %99.993 of electronic music but writes it anyway and posts on an electronic music forum. In other words, what statisticians like to call an outlier

Guest Glass Plate

99.9% of all music sucks if you want to go get down to semantics. When Bach was around there was over 99 other guys writing songs too, it's just they sucked dick.

Also, if I where to run itunes for my music I'm pretty sure it'd crash trying to find all of my collection.

Guest Glass Plate

Lianne from pg. 31 obviously goes to pitchfork, he thinks this album is a step down from TURNING DRAGON. Not to mention to be white as fuck to complain about non-linearity. (fucking white person thing to do)

Lianne from pg. 31 obviously goes to pitchfork, he thinks this album is a step down from TURNING DRAGON. Not to mention to be white as fuck to complain about non-linearity. (fucking white person thing to do)

I don't like the album. I'm not sure that warrants your strange response - is there a rule in this thread that forbids anyone with more critical opinions of the music to keep out? No, I don't go to pitchfork, and I posted what I thought of the thing before I even heard about that stupid review.

I am not white and I am not "he".

I don't like the album. I'm not sure that warrants your strange response - is there a rule in this thread that forbids anyone with more critical opinions of the music to keep out? No, I don't go to pitchfork, and I posted what I thought of the thing before I even heard about that stupid review.

I am not white and I am not "he".

you are a MYSTE"RY"!

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I just listened to 1930 by merzbow. it was nice to hear an album mastered without excessive compression.

Archived