IGNORED

Clark - Totems Flare

o00o

As seen on bleep today:

warpp.png

Now I'm not pining for a Clark subforum (to many subforums already, to little happening in em), but van dam credit is due. He's basically paying warp's bills at the moment.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just listened to 1930 by merzbow. it was nice to hear an album mastered without excessive compression.

haven't listened to that one in a long time, ameoba had a bunch of older merzbow cds in the used section today.

Guest Ambition as a Hellridah

anyone managed to grab the japanese version yet ?

The Japanese version have a 20 minutes bonus track of quite good ambiant.

But for the Live Cd, forget it, except if you buy it in some Tokyo shops. (Its a "free-bonus-cd-gave-by-the-cashier" if you take it at Tower Records.)

For the post before, If some japanese versions (with bonus track so) are less expensive than the western version, its quite normal, because they are sometimes published by a japanese record label.

(Like the Warp and Ninja Tune cd are released on "Beat Record" in japan). Shops seems to set prices in a strange way too, you can have sometimes a difference of 800 to 1000 Yens between two cd shops.

For exemple, the Fever Ray album, with 3 bonus track ( the Fuck Buttons remix is included by the way) is really less expensive than the "normal version".

Guest emuscles

one of my favorite albums in awhile (does that make sense?)-- fucking good either way

i'm into the .. vocals

Rainbow Vodoo Lyrics as found on youtube

Go outside, go outside, dont

Turn around girl, take me down to

The rainbow girl and I want to go inside

The molecule girl of a rainbow girl

Go inside, a rainbow so rare

Sowing the bloom, Inner plume, outer plume

So I take you on a ride, Then I want to go inside

Then I want to go inside, Then I modify

And I dont even know if it would be

Worth it in the long run

And I dont even know if it would be

Worth it in the long run

The elastic snags and wooden

Friendships die

Howdy everyone, long time no post.

Finally got this today after forgetting it was out.... Just on my first listen (up to Future Daniel) and I like it. I also liked Turning Dragon a lot. Not sure if that's allowed to like the both of them after (admittedly skim) reading the rest of this thread.....

Bye again.

interview!111

but you can barely hear what he's saying

http://www.lastfm.se...w+on+Tape+Relay

thanks so much for posting this

you're very much welcome

mp3 for those who wantz: http://www.mediafire.com/?giwtmy52mwn

fun interview - love how he admits doing lots of the tracks coming home wasted

Guest nene multiple assgasms

does the vinyl sound not as ridiculously compressed as the cd? if so, I might get it.

Guest ezkerraldean

not a big fan of anything he's done since Body Riddle. and the compression on everything he's done since he stopped calling himself Chris really pisses me off. i remember when i first got Throttle Furniture i made my own edits of the tracks to make them actually listenable

i'm starting to think turning dragon is actually sort of fucking amazingly good

Acutally it is sort of fucking good. If a guy like Chris, who can handle electronic music and complex beats & harmonies, chooses to use hard techno-beats and more simple melodies, I accept him and know, there is some kind of purpose behind all this. Turning Dragon fucked me in so many ways, the compression is really important for the dirty feeling of the tracks and running around stoned with my headphones and Turning Dragon on really loud has made this album to some kind of my personal soundtrack. I as well love the earlier Clark stuff, but I can't understand why so many people get fucked up by Turning Dragon. He just developed and wanted to try something new, something more entertaining and something maybe more people could relate to. What's wrong about that?

Totems Flare first killed my enthusiasm about a new record by Clark, but after seeing him live in a small club in Hamburg and listening to it on proper sound-systems, I started to like it. It's like Turning Dragon is his techno/hardcore - attempt and Totems Flare his pop/rock - attempt. He even started his show with a fast rock song. Still I miss his love for detail and the natural development of his tracks on Totems Flare... most tracks have very different phases, which change to harsh and give the boring parts to much space. Anyway, there are too many things that have already been said about this new album and I guess nobody wants to hear mine.

By the way, if someone could tell me where to find the bonus tracks of the two albums, I'd be very grateful.

Archived