The bounty from Sunday's record store visit:

11%2520-%25201.jpg

Modeselektion Vol. 1

Modeselektor - Monkeytown

Solvent - Solvent City

Ceephax Acid Crew - Unstoppable Phax Machine

Venetian Snares - Cubist Reggae

The Black Dog - Bytes !!!!!!!!

What makes this shopping trip even better is that I paid solely with gift certificates I got for my birthday earlier this year so I paid $0.00 out of pocket.

Edited by Superstix

Which record store was this at?

Amoeba Music Hollywood, yo

Why, was it yours? lol

Nope, you just went there on a good day. Is it black or bronze?

Which record store was this at?

Amoeba Music Hollywood, yo

Why, was it yours? lol

Nope, you just went there on a good day. Is it black or bronze?

Black.

Wasn't any Aphex vinyl but I wasn't surprised.

Guest MortstoX

Not really a purchase, but a friend of mine who is moving just gave me a box full (about 70 or 80) of vinyl records. The last couple of years he has just listened to mp3s and streaming and he told me that if I didn't come to get them they would end in a dumpster. A lot of goodies; Biosphere, Bjørn Torske, Brian Eno, Dj Shadow, Cinematic Orchestra, plus loads of hip-hop I've never heard about. O happy day!

Amoeba has put quite a hefty price tag on Rushup Edge before, I've seen. How did you do?

Let's just say it was up on the wall for about $25 less than I've been seeing it priced online lately and it was right in front of me. Plus I had $10 credit left on a gift certificate. The vinyl is mint. Listening to it was almost like hearing it for the first time. But if you want to talk about hefty price tags, they had Music Has The Right To Children up there too for $75. I haven't priced that one lately but I haven't yet reached the level of collecting that would motivate me to shell out $75 for 1 album.

Jefferoo - around what time were you there? There was a guy shopping in the electronic vinyl used new arrivals section while I was there. I heard him find something and exclaim, "I think someone was hiding this here!" made me smile ... That would be funny if it was you.

Edited by Superstix

Jefferoo - around what time were you there? There was a guy shopping in the electronic vinyl used new arrivals section while I was there. I heard him find something and exclaim, "I think someone was hiding this here!" made me smile ... That would be funny if it was you.

Haha! I don't think it was me. I was definitely in the electronic aisle tho. I think I was wearing my David Bowie Sound & Vision tour shirt. I normally just thumb through the Jungle 12"s and look up the titles I don't know on YouTube with my iPhone and listen to them.

I go there at least once a week. If you see a bald dude with a metal shirt in the jungle section, it's probably me.

recent purchases:

pre-ordered Kuedo - Severant 12"

mask 500 12"

boc - hi scores 12"

gescom - skull snap 12"

machinedrum - rooms 12"

µziq - lunatic harness 12"

legowelt - Sark Island Acid 12"

eod - untitled 12"

boc - twoism 12"

telefon tel aviv - immolate yourself & Map Of What Is Effortless 12"

Extra copy of drukqs i sold paid for most of those.