IGNORED

Funny Pictures - The Official Thread

azatoth

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, and even if it was racist, so what? I'll go on record as actually WANTING there to be a place where I can find vulgar racist humor on the internet. And bizarre body-modification, and paranoid conspiracy theories, and tales of depravity and drug use, and "nice tits", and so on...as long as it doesn't involve harm to (real) children, it should be pretty much open season. I never understood the distinction of "hate speech" and all the other subtle and incremental eroding of the right to free speech that seem to be part of the legacy of "PC-ism". The moment someone actually beats a gay guy or minority, absolutely, throw them in jail...but if they're just talking trash? Whatever...incidentally, plenty of black comedians have made careers from borderline racism...

And you don't think that by perpetuating imagery and speech like that it doesn't inspire people to take it from thought/feeling to actions? That while you don't, other people find such things hurtful and offensive?

Bad people aren't made by TV and the internet, despite what people say

They might not make bad people, but media and the discourse within certainly can shape how people view the world and how they think. To say otherwise would be ignorant. But it's all terribly complicated.

/end derail

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

It's obviously true, a 16 year old on WATMM is not going to turn into a racist deviant because of some poop they see on here.

Agreed, and even if it was racist, so what? I'll go on record as actually WANTING there to be a place where I can find vulgar racist humor on the internet. And bizarre body-modification, and paranoid conspiracy theories, and tales of depravity and drug use, and "nice tits", and so on...as long as it doesn't involve harm to (real) children, it should be pretty much open season. I never understood the distinction of "hate speech" and all the other subtle and incremental eroding of the right to free speech that seem to be part of the legacy of "PC-ism". The moment someone actually beats a gay guy or minority, absolutely, throw them in jail...but if they're just talking trash? Whatever...incidentally, plenty of black comedians have made careers from borderline racism...

And you don't think that by perpetuating imagery and speech like that it doesn't inspire people to take it from thought/feeling to actions? That while you don't, other people find such things hurtful and offensive?

They might not make bad people, but media and the discourse within certainly can shape how people view the world and how they think. To say otherwise would be ignorant. But it's all terribly complicated.

/end derail

Still doesnt change the fact that if you were that easily corrupted by tv and internet, you'd be far more corrupted by some crazy fucker in real life. This is how cults start.

/end derail

Still doesnt change the fact that if you were that easily corrupted by tv and internet, you'd be far more corrupted by some crazy fucker in real life. This is how cults start.

It's far more subtle and insidious which makes it even worse. People are not even aware, since it's never them that get affected by outside sources. And it's also about more subtle things such as sexism and subtle racism.

Johnny Cash was, I'd imagine a wealthy man.

Steven Jobs had a job.

That guy at the bottom looks like a man, so I think he had a penis. and the top one must have experienced hope at some point.

Archived