IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t mind the pacing of the first episode and it had some nice moments. The flighty dragon date was totally redeemed by the voyeur dragon death stare, and all the awkward reunion gatherings were totally redeemed by the closing Bran death stare.

Really just into death stares if I’m honest.

Grown up Bran Stark really lost the nose lottery. Or won?

2wnqdjg6a4411.png

Man I can relate, have an aquiline nose myself. Hell I even kind of looked like Bran as a kid.

It's totally from the Basque side of my paternal grandmother. People seem to think it's a strong feature but it seems pretty biased towards males and not females, which is a shame. I'm glad actresses like Chelsea Peretti, Penelope Cruz, Streisand never got nose jobs. and There's a big stigma around it in the US, at least seemingly with plastic surgery being so common in certain classes or demographics, especially in places like LA. 

It’s just people expecting him to look like babby; the nose is a perfectly fine grownup nose. I’m sure shit like that contributes to the baseline of general trauma for child actors, though.

I predict The Night King will be returned to his human state and become a kind and just ruler of all seven kingdoms. Jon Snow is too obvious, The dragon queen is too obvious. 

Do you mean Kevin Eldon? Fuck how did I miss that.

Which two does he play? Are you sure it's not the one character?

MV5BMTUwNDUyNjQ1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDk1

I think he was in the play that Arya saw (where she was assigned to kill the actress in it for the Faceless Gods) and I believe he was also on the receiving end of a Gendry Hammer Smash, playing one of the King's Landing guards, who came over to inspect Davos' boat.

I do remember both those appearances of his actually. LOL!!! BTW did you know there has now been three mountains?

I found this pretty comprehensive article on the recastings in the show, usually I'd say the new actor is better.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/game-of-thrones-actors-roles-recast-2017-6

My favourite of which is the addition of Max Von Sydow as the Three Eyed raven. Such an underrated actor IMO.

seventh-seal-the-1957-006-max-von-sydow-

I predict The Night King will be returned to his human state and become a kind and just ruler of all seven kingdoms. Jon Snow is too obvious, The dragon queen is too obvious. 

I think one of the more interesting developments as of recent is how the north in general reacts rather negatively towards Daenerys and Jon bending the knee. I can totally see Sam spilling the beans about Jon's heritage and who knows, maybe the final encounter will actually be Targaryen vs. Targaryen, that could be interesting. Anyway i can hardly imagine D going "OK luv u take teh throne while i make queen pie" after all she went through. Jon on the other hand doesn't seem too keen on being a leader but maybe he could go vendetta mode if D kills Sam off or something... Yeah.

Also i still miss Charles Dance.

pretty awful episode. only thing that got to me was brienne, otherwise i'm getting srsly tired of the "F*R*I*E*N*D*S... in Westeros!" fanservice fest with drama levels like those street fighter 4 rival matches.

4e3e54d8ecb1bedfae8ac2ee454d821bfcd8a3b8

i Sort of wish there was never any dragons in this show. I can’t stop never ending story from entering my head. It’s just a bit silly

Yeah I really enjoyed the last episode. Very classic season 1 and nearly everyone got a “two days from retirement” scene so they’re all on the chopping block from here on out. Necessary and enjoyable before the fireworks factory.

Not really impressed by these first two episodes, just a bunch of talking and fan service. Unfortunately looks like the next episode will just be a big ol' boring fight for the whole episode but at least it will move the plot forward. Still have a feeling this whole season will end with the worst episodes of the series. The quality has been going down the last couple of seasons.

Yeah I really enjoyed the last episode. Very classic season 1 and nearly everyone got a “two days from retirement” scene so they’re all on the chopping block from here on out. Necessary and enjoyable before the fireworks factory.

Only in season 1 the dialogue heaviness and reminiscing actually helped establishing or developing characters and explained the events leading up to the show, aka exposition. This season alot only references things we actually saw: "Oh remember when you said that funny thing way back in season 1" "Ah yes, but i wonder if our audience does?" *audience cheering*... Some of it is just really plump for this show's standards.

I mean compare said dialogue between Jaimie and Tyrion with the one before the latter's trial by combat in his cell i season 4. Similar dramatic purpose (silence before the storm etc.) but endlessly more interesting, tense and actually fleshing out characters instead of just showing ppl doing their thing (the story of that bug killing cousin vs. "remember our dad used to be on this show lel"...(you bet i do, he was pretty much the best thing about it :( )). Or yeah Tormund and Brienne. Of course i had a chuckle or two when he first laid eyes on her but now they're seriously milking it for laughs in a Guardians of the Galaxy 2 way which i wouldn't even mind in something like that but to me the bar used to be higher in GoT. I also didn't like how absolutely in your face they established Jaimie to be as pure as snow now. Also coolbot Arya has become a walking cringe.

Dunno. Don't enjoy being negative nancy, i rebinged all the seasons the last weeks to really get into mode and i sure as hell am. It's just tough to realize that in terms of actual story telling this really seems to be basically "it". End of the line. Some big battles ahead then GG.

Honestly by now i kinda hope you're right and all that crossovering emo inflation is just a tool to make us hurt even more when everybody kicks the bucket.

Let the chopping commence!

But they have to be, right? The characters haven't seen each other for a while and need to catch up. Besides being fan-service it also makes some sense from the story, I'd argue.

But I'll shut up now as I haven't seen this ep yet. I might just entirely agree and all that.. :S

Archived