Sign in to follow this  
data

Game of Thrones

Since they dont have new material from George Martin it turned into a hollywood fest.

they've just tried to condense a massive amount of source material into a really small period of time.

only bad episode was the one where Jon Snow was gathering people to go north of the wall a catch a walker.

it was such a clunky episode where at no point did you feel Jon gave two fucks who he was taking along.

it was like "hey guys anyone want to come to the shop and get some milk? oh i mean north of the wall and get a whyte?"

twas pretty weak. the next one made up for it though. and i think the final series will be worth watching still.

Finally started binging this a little while back. On season 5 ep 6. It's all well done for the most part, but something is missing.... wizards, trolls, Asian actors...

Can't put my finger on it. Definitely don't get the hype/10

not watching/liking game of thrones is the new vegan/i don't even own a tv.

Tbqh TV was actually v shit when people went around saying "I don't own a TV" W/ smug pride.

yeah that's true, i was in fact one of those people for a while. but then i realised that watching films on a laptop is not much different...

plus i got a free tv. tbf i only really got into tv when boardwalk empire started, and then it was this (and new twin peaks). 

it's the only show i've ever, ever stuck with. (got bored of boardwalk eventually).

Is "tbf" = "to be frank"?

yes, unless your name isn't frank in which case you replace it with the first letter of your name. tba (auxien), tbx (xxx), etc. tbh pops up a lot because there's a LOT of internet trolls who go by the name harold, and you'll sometimes see tbqh as well which is of course 'to be quinn-horatio which i think is a jewish name that's been culturally appropriated in an ironic way by anti-sjw diehards.

:emotawesomepm9:

Is "tbf" = "to be frank"?

it stands for tits bum fanny (the english fanny not the american)

the term was first used by Chaucer in the Millers tale, and then by Shakespeare in the bawdy Taming of the Shrew.

it's often used by actors to rid the stage of evil spirits, and to precede humorous and inconsequential chatter.

i'm sure no one gives a shit about this, but i've developed a sizable crush on Rory Maccann

https://youtu.be/oCGk_k_lQm4

as surprising as it is to me, I'm just glad I'm not dead inside after all. (it's the little things)

yarp

i'm sure no one gives a shit about this, but i've developed a sizable crush on Rory Maccann

as surprising as it is to me, I'm just glad I'm not dead inside after all. (it's the little things)

yarp

haha! he did a lot with that role. felt really sorry for him at this bit. anyway, sorry to change the tone so. :emotawesomepm9:

D6hJ3u0.gif

Yes, happens to anything which gets too big/mainstream. I don't care. At GoT 7x04 I was alone, at night, wife not here, so all emotions possible, it was a remarkable experience, was on the edge of my seat - sooooooooooooooooo intense OMG -

It's that moments which are important in life. Like listening to Ae for the first time, which may have happened to a lot of us in the 90s.

Best regards

Team Drogon (I love those pets)

Edited by Wurstwasser

Yes, happens to anything which gets too big/mainstream. I don't care. At GoT 7x04 I was alone, at night, wife not here, so all emotions possible, it was a remarkable experience, was on the edge of my seat - sooooooooooooooooo intense OMG -

It's that moments which are important in life. Like listening to Ae for the first time, which may have happened to a lot of us in the 90s.

Best regards

Team Drogon (I love those pets)

Yes I now right! It's really fucking exciting, jumping up and down on the sofa and squealing type exciting. haters can fuck off IMO.

For that matter, the last episode of this season is the best the show's done since Hardhome (season 5?).

i think they should have killed off daenyrs. that would have been a great dark twist. the good guys came out flying full colours this season. 

or cersei should have executed jamie when she actualy threatened it. i actually thought her little head nod to gregor was her saying do it for a second, that was quite exciting. but no. 

We got incestuous sex instead, because there clearly wasn't enough of that in the show.

i disagree, we have this huge evil (in the form of the night king) who has taken the place of the other smaller evils (littlejohn etc)

so basically we have one massively powerful baddie instead of lots of little ones all over the show.

in the next series it's going to be touch and go every minute IMO.

yarp

haha! he did a lot with that role. felt really sorry for him at this bit. anyway, sorry to change the tone so. :emotawesomepm9:

D6hJ3u0.gif

holly fuck, that was him.

i disagree, we have this huge evil (in the form of the night king) who has taken the place of the other smaller evils (littlejohn etc)

so basically we have one massively powerful baddie instead of lots of little ones all over the show.

the night king is a terrible bad guy though. absolutely no nuance, humour, or emotion to him. just a wave of dead cunts. 

the night king is a terrible bad guy though. absolutely no nuance, humour, or emotion to him. just a wave of dead cunts. 

and if he's killed, a huge chunk of the army automagically dies with him. really awful plot device. one lucky shot could basically end it at any point during next season.

and you know it's likely going to be near the end. so it basically looks like it's going to play out long and ends abruptly by luck.

i hope he'll die early in the season though. just to have some sort of tension about who will end up at the throne.

Is Littlefinger in Autechre? 

come one, if he was wearing a north face jacket? Its There!

Come one indeed.

lol 

yeah no, this season was easily the worst.

started off solid enough til +- the whole catch-a-zombie thing, from there on things turned irritating at best, complete cinderella at worst.

yeah sure it's always been fantasy but after condensing the cast more and more down to the usual good / evil dichotomy one quickly  realizes the ambiguity about alot of chars and the whole jumping around the continents n shit really was what made the show. what we're left with feels pretty run of the mill garnished with some incest for edge. kinda sad, i thought the finale of season 06 was one of the highlights of the show...

last season might still somewhat redeem itself tho...

*fucks off*

Edited by jaderpansen

My thoughts are, at least it is going to reach a conclusion.

So many shows get axed these days