IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

And suddenly Varis - or whats his name... the bald eunuch - has the utmost best for all the people of Westeros in mind. No self-interest whatsoever. 

Funny how these motives can fall out of the sky. Or should I say, conveniently. 

There's plenty more. But why bother. 

How about a eunuch on the throne? No possible offspring. Maybe thats the GOT edition of a democracy. Royalty without the option to put their offspring on the throne. You have to fight for it. Hunger games style. 

I'm guessing our capitalist overlords would like the idea. Combine two successful franchises into one. With potential for an endless stream of new seasons. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, goDel said:

Funny how these motives can fall out of the sky.

It almost feels like these recap episodes you sometimes have in comedy shows when they meet and tell each other stories about past episodes 

you smartly put those ''s there.

Spoiler

without going into an endless discussion, let me just say i'm not too fond with how things are evolving. what started out as multidimensional characters have turned into single dimensional characters. sansa and daenarys are in a girl fight on who is the smartest. (being smart has become a rather annoying theme of late.) while tyrion and varys are reduced to stooges who are used to inform the audience of potential plot twists in the making. to push some narrative. it's all flat and one dimensional. like a cheap beer which got warm from standing in the sun too long.

put this inside spoilers because i don't want to waste anyones time with this whining rant

fing hell. how do spoilers work nowadays!?

Yeah this! it’s like someone  is trying to recreate game of thrones without really knowing the details - which it essentially is. There is also a lot of everyone just sitting around with nothing really happening.

brienne crying made me a bit cry as well but for unrelated reasons. She was completely out of character this episode 

5 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

To be fair: It was quite an out of character experience for her.

In season 8 the sex scenes became awkward and out of character. Definitely an achievement I'd thought impossible for GOT!

Those dragons sure are rubbish aren't they.

36 minutes ago, Somanymachines said:

Two more episodes to go. Please just shoot me!

Only two more?

Kinda hard to not feel forced with such a limited amount of time left.

6 hours ago, GlitchyFlame said:

I'm a bit surprised that no one here's mentioned that the major plot points of the next two episodes have already been leaked

slow clap

11 hours ago, Lada Laika said:

How the fuck did dragons ever conquer the continent if they were this useless? 

It was so underwhelming too. Blissful dragons flying in the sky moment - then wham, one of them gets hit with an arrow from out of nowhere.

Turns out Daenerys and her dragons need glasses.

Yeah someone mentioned on reddit I think, wtf happened to sending out scouts? That's the kind of standard military detail that GRRM would no more forget than breathing.

I think we can all agree that they spent a lot of money, time and resources on filming this season and therefore it must have value. I wish they had time to do a second draft of the script before filming, but I guess that sort of stuff doesn't really matter in the end.

Oh no I'm doing that thing where I'm posting random brainfarts on watmm instead of doing something more enjoyable with my life. Bye guys, see you in a couple of months :cattears:

looks nice and all, but oh boy, has the writing on this show gone to shit the last couple of seasons and especially this season. ever since they got to the end of the books and D&D took the reins it's been awful. and if the spoilers that have leaked are correct (which they've been so far), the finale is going to be stupid and bad. glad this is over.

I like that the unfiltered hell the commoners experience was highlighted, at length and in the face of those leading the battle. Massacres of tens of thousands, wanton rape, shameless pillaging, and literal death from above over what amounts some royal incestuous squabbling, I owe u's, and pinky swears between literally a couple dozen individuals. As much as I did enjoy the supernatural aspect of GoT, this part is what I always think is most relevant. The tragedy of history being lead and decided by individuals arbitrarily placed in vast power or shit the average person doesn't care about. The free cities of Essos make a lot more sense after seeing this shit. So does the end of monarchies after the industrial revolution and WW1. Like, the people establishing some inperfect parlimentary system and Dorne becoming the new California seems way more reasonable.

Last night and this morning I kept thinking about the episode, which is a good sign of it's overall impression. I relate to those disappointed by both how rushed it feels, loose ends not tied, etc. but at the same time the curtness of this episode over a more unpredictable back and forth between Cersei and. I haven't binge watched the show recently, so perhaps that's why I didn't feel stiffed that no one got direct revenge on her. My wife and I actually agreed that it was satisfying to see her so defeated and shook that an revenge assassination was almost a moot point. The Lannisters had Kings Landing collapse on them.

questions now:

- jon or arya - who's gonna do it?\

- I don't think Sansa nor Yara are leaving to visit, which is both lame yet totally sensible because why would they?- what the fuck are going to do about the dragon? there's no rescue shelter for that fucker. jon can't just throw a stick, teary-eyed and "go, get out of here ya dumb dog dragon" some say the dragon will follow him because he's targaryen, I guess that's the end of that

- who is going to get the King's Landing redevelopment contract?

[/spoilers]

I started finally watching the show a few weeks ago. Got up to season 4, but I've lost interest seeing as 1% of the internet likes the new season. I can't imagine what it's like to watch from season 1 or 2 to be rewarded with the writers throwing out the themes and arcs nearly every character had for 7 seasons. 

Looking at it in a big picture way it they had so many things to wrap up and 6 episodes isn't nearly long enough.

Archived