IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

so i guess with bran the passive as king in the end the ultimate, eternal (i mean he can theoretically live forever in some bird like the former warg bosu dude in his tree, right?) surveillance state prevails. no more secret plotting, no more games for thrones, no more wheel alright.

so in conclusion got = china progaganda, basically. subversive!

interesting...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hello spiral said:

yeah there's so much history in the ASOIAF books that HBO gonna have a money train 10,000 miles long

except the spinoffs will almost certainly be much less popular than GoT.  I imagine one will be dark and brooding and weird/super-fantasy/lore/etc., and another (if a second one even gets greenlighted) will be more'GoT'-flavored political drama, which will never ever be able to live up to GoT (and/or be subject to burnout by the fans/public)

2 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

Hide contents

so i guess with bran the passive as king in the end the ultimate, eternal (i mean he can theoretically live forever in some bird like the former warg bosu dude in his tree, right?) surveillance state prevails. no more secret plotting, no more games for thrones, no more wheel alright

interesting... 

I don't think so...I think he would have to become part of the weirwood tree like the last one to 'live forever' but I could be wrong (also show world is different than book world with powers and such so who knows) but yeah, him being able to see all reality as is could be helpful, but he's sorta been very much not using that really, or at least obviously...and it seems to not be the easiest thing for him to do either so like, he's still sorta 'hardware-limited' in terms of brain power with which he can process past/present events, it seems...

tbh i'd totally watch a spin-off of 10 minute shorts of just retarded small council banter, with the actual developements in the realm being left to the viewer's imagination informed by the conversations alone.

23 minutes ago, auxien said:

except the spinoffs will almost certainly be much less popular than GoT.  I imagine one will be dark and brooding and weird/super-fantasy/lore/etc., and another (if a second one even gets greenlighted) will be more'GoT'-flavored political drama, which will never ever be able to live up to GoT (and/or be subject to burnout by the fans/public)

I don't think so...I think he would have to become part of the weirwood tree like the last one to 'live forever' but I could be wrong (also show world is different than book world with powers and such so who knows) but yeah, him being able to see all reality as is could be helpful, but he's sorta been very much not using that really, or at least obviously...and it seems to not be the easiest thing for him to do either so like, he's still sorta 'hardware-limited' in terms of brain power with which he can process past/present events, it seems...

well he seemed surprisingly un-apathetic when he was declared chieftain... dat smirk liek "ye bitch wat u kno millions dead sure it HAD to be this whey or why you think i'm here rn teehee".

i say he's major tyrantroll.

(yeah no i'm just talking out my ass but this conclusion was kinda ridiculous and in some way i actually kinda dig it.)

Given the rest of this season, this episode wasn't too bad, I thought. Less cringe, although the Jon Snow Danaerys kiss was pretty close. The ending, well, it could have been worse. My expectations were so low, that I give them the benefit of the doubt. Lets say it's a worthy ending for this 8th season. 

Although I must say it's f-ing silly that Tyrion went from being a (to be) convict to the one proposing the new king in a single heartbeat. That came out of nowhere and felt unwarranted. Might be because Tyrion was the last one played by a good actor and basically had to carry the entire episode on his own. 

7 hours ago, goDel said:

Given the rest of this season, this episode wasn't too bad, I thought. Less cringe, although the Jon Snow Danaerys kiss was pretty close. The ending, well, it could have been worse. My expectations were so low, that I give them the benefit of the doubt. Lets say it's a worthy ending for this 8th season. 

Although I must say it's f-ing silly that Tyrion went from being a (to be) convict to the one proposing the new king in a single heartbeat. That came out of nowhere and felt unwarranted. Might be because Tyrion was the last one played by a good actor and basically had to carry the entire episode on his own. 

He's been carrying the show quite a bit, this monologue could have only come from him and sounded believable. Quite pleased with Bran becoming King. *smug emoji*

finally watched the finale, some personal stuff came up Sunday so i couldnt watch it live

my coworkers talked so much shit about the episode it almost tainted the experience for me. Sure the season was rushed, sloppy on some details, etc. but christ almighty some fans went from shameless gushing over the series to thinking they were fucking Pauline kael or roger ebert with their hot takes. Total bandwagon faux intellect critical bullshit, albeit with some good memes. If it truly was a disappointing waste, why bother talking about it so much? 

At least this thread had earnest criticism early on. On board as someone adequately satisfied with the finale. My half serious half jokingly prediction was it'd come full circle as if all that death was for nothing but to have another targaryen meltdown, a kingslayer, a Stark regent in the north, tentative peace in kings landing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, kichiguy said:

I am actually okay with it all. Maybe a bit underwhelmed. 

It was hard to muster more than a shrug once the credits rolled. 

edit - Sansa Juuling is the highlight of the season. 

I had to watch the last two episodes drunk cause Im depressed, but it seems really the one serving as Regent really won the game. I don't understand why that other northerner was banished to the north? For following you know who? The one they elected doesn't seem that bossy so It seems to me the Regent won.  Still depressed and don't care. Great show. Great ride. long live GOT

i can see all of the plot points that were jarring and awkward this season making sense in the books with the right context. dany's arc could be really interesting if we continue to get POV chapters of hers outlining her actual thought process as she veers toward madness. same with bran, if we get more of his motivations and more development of his powers from POV chapters maybe his fate will make more sense. i do think we'll be getting the remaining books, at least winds of winter. i imagine it'll be easier for Martin to write them once the show has been over for a bit and the pressure subsides a little.

The show has always been dumb fun fantasy trash TV just like this last season. I think people got their expectations up only because it was ending, thinking all this silly trash was going to be leading up to something revelatory. Just because it's complicated doesn't mean it has real depth. 

The final season had one of my favorite episodes in the whole series (ep 3). I might have rolled my eyes a little more at this season but i did the same thing throughout the whole series.

Nah, disagree. Up to season 5 events and characters actually had breathing room. The last two seasons have been filtered through some 14yr old's ADHD addled brain or something "and then this happens, and then this happens..."

^^ Spot on. It turned into a kids fantasy show. Even the cheap visual tricks were evident of that i.e. Daenerys' dragon wings shot and the blatant Star Wars rip off shot of her stood at the top of those stairs shouting to her vast army (which seem to have respawning capabilities).

It seems like after Season 6, despite spending so long on the Sparrows story, they thought 'nah fuck it' and just raced through every plot point until there was nothing left.

4 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Nah, disagree. Up to season 5 events and characters actually had breathing room. The last two seasons have been filtered through some 14yr old's ADHD addled brain or something "and then this happens, and then this happens..."

this, I have no problems with the plot endgame itself, but there's no denying just how piece-mealed, sloppy, and crammed this season was

You're right, i can't really argue with how sloppy the end was. Even when the show was at it's worst in earlier seasons it was at least done well. 

Archived