But I wasn't sure about the intro being set on earth. It feels a little similar to the storyline AVP tried to weave (and it really detracted from the franchise).

I really hope that, because of this bit of exposition, that the film is going to be long. I am hoping for 3 hours minimum.

Agreed. I usually hate extra-long films. Inception in particular felt too long recently. I often quote Hitchcock who believed that 'the length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder'.

But I'd be more than willing to watch 3 hours of this.

of course, it's all academic if the cinemas around here are only going to have 3D showings of it. No fucking way am I watching this in 3D

Guest Gary C

Scott redefined sci fi. will he be able to redefine his redefinition?

No, probably not. It still looks like a monster movie in space, although the sci-fi elements look to be turned up to 11 and the monster looks like a Fly-type transformation.

Just that mix in itself is enough to let me forget about redefinitions.

ive been following prometheus carefully and analysed every trailer and viral video frame by frame, im pretty sure i have 90% of the movie nailed already. i hope im wrong but still, should be good.

Edited by kaen

Ok that trailer showed way too much, what are they thinking? There should be a warning!

| havent watched it for this reason. Should I be careful?

It shows 200% too much for a normal trailer and 8000% to much for a alien prequel trailer.

Ok that trailer showed way too much, what are they thinking? There should be a warning!

It shows 200% too much for a normal trailer and 8000% to much for a alien prequel trailer.

Thanks for the warning gaarg. I'll probably watch it when I've had a few too many beers and my willpower isnt as strong lol

Edited by beerwolf

Thanks for the warning gaarg. I'll probably watch it when I've had a few too many beers and my willpower isnt as strong lol

that sounds like a good plan that could work!

Nice bits of Icelandic scenery in the beginning of the trailer. That waterfall is "Dettifoss"

dettifoss-waterfalls.jpg

Man, I've been to Iceland TWICE and I have yet to see a waterfall. What the fuck?

Guest disparaissant

yeah that trailer assuaged a lot of my doubts. still not crazy about the super hi-tech stuff going on (i honestly would love to see a continuation of the alien(s) aesthetic, even if CRT monitors are outdated NOW...) but that did look quite a bit better than i thought this film could POSSIBLY be. can't wait, now.

Guest Enter a new display name

It looks one of the members of the crew gets infected, becomes super strong and attacks everybody in the ship. I don't really expect many of those anthropomorphic aliens as seen in the whole series.