• 2 weeks later...

more interesting stuff has come out, there is this frame by frame gif i made of a section of the new trailer, what looks to be a space jockey throwing one of the crew, notice the huge arms and the shape of the head...looks like the species the original alien came from if it had gestated inside it. theres alos this new picture of the space jockey sitting in its chair

spoilers ahead bros

prom-alien-frames.gif

eJkdz.png

Edited by kaen

Guest Gary C

Not sure if this has been officially put online yet, but it'll keep popping up on YouTube until then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfaw9jSqa7g

Concerning the space jockey fighting the crew (kaen), I thought that considering the shots of a crew members face melting and transforming that the alien would act as more of a mutation than a definitive creature.

Saying that, the space jockeys chests heaves in the trailer, so there's going to be something running around.

Edit: Also, from Alien, I thought the space jockey was supposed to be a giant compared to a human. So I'm going with mutation of a crew member for your gif.

SpaceJockey.jpg

Edit: FUCKCKCKK!?!?! Maybe the space jockey from Alien is going to be a crew member from Prometheus mutated to gigantic proportions? And in their last moments they sit themselves down in the cannon-thing... BBBRRAAAUAUUUUUU

Edited by Gary C

Not sure if this has been officially put online yet, but it'll keep popping up on YouTube until then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfaw9jSqa7g

Concerning the space jockey fighting the crew (kaen), I thought that considering the shots of a crew members face melting and transforming that the alien would act as more of a mutation than a definitive creature.

Saying that, the space jockeys chests heaves in the trailer, so there's going to be something running around.

Edit: Also, from Alien, I thought the space jockey was supposed to be a giant compared to a human. So I'm going with mutation of a crew member for your gif.

SpaceJockey.jpg

Edit: FUCKCKCKK!?!?! Maybe the space jockey from Alien is going to be a crew member from Prometheus mutated to gigantic proportions? And in their last moments they sit themselves down in the cannon-thing... BBBRRAAAUAUUUUUU

oh shit best trailer in years

Guest Gary C

BRRAAUUU.

I don't know, it still looks stunning. The exteriors are pure sci-fi art and it looks to retain a lot of the dirt and dinge from Alien indoors. At least it looks as though as things get more fucked up the Prometheus gets sweatier and grimier.

But I wasn't sure about the intro being set on earth. It feels a little similar to the storyline AVP tried to weave (and it really detracted from the franchise). But I have faith that Ridley can make it work in a better way, and I guess that some of the best sci-fi is founded on conspiracies.

It really looks stunning though.

But I wasn't sure about the intro being set on earth. It feels a little similar to the storyline AVP tried to weave (and it really detracted from the franchise).

I really hope that, because of this bit of exposition, that the film is going to be long. I am hoping for 3 hours minimum.

Guest Gary C

Also, was it ever confirmed or debunked that this "prequel" was going to be a two-parter? It looks as though, with all the earth backstory, a lot is going to happen in Prometheus and that things could wrap neatly into Alien already.

Guest Gary C

But I wasn't sure about the intro being set on earth. It feels a little similar to the storyline AVP tried to weave (and it really detracted from the franchise).

I really hope that, because of this bit of exposition, that the film is going to be long. I am hoping for 3 hours minimum.

Agreed. I usually hate extra-long films. Inception in particular felt too long recently. I often quote Hitchcock who believed that 'the length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder'.

But I'd be more than willing to watch 3 hours of this.