IGNORED

Most overrated/underrated Squarepusher

Dragon

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most Overrated: Venus 17, Go Plastic.

Most Underrated: Stereotype, Square Window.

So, do you think the track Venus No. 17 is underrated, or...

Music Is Rotted One Note is probably more underrated in the world of jazz.

I would say Chaos A.D. is most overrated. People didn't always save their best releases for Rephlex, though. Yeah, I said it.

Overrated: Ultravisitor

Underrated: Just a Souvenir

So, Hard Normal Daddy is not overrated nor underrated?

I'd say its overrated considering most people said its his best and its not even close...

As far as underrated goes, Numbers Lucent for sure.

I never heard anybody say HND is his best. In fact I hardly hear it being mentioned at all. People are usually all about Big Loada (which is indeed pretty good, but not all tracks) or Ultravisitor/his latest guitar-shenanigans (which varies from okay to pretty shitty). I'd have said Feed Me Weird Things is underrated but I noticed it got much love lately, so I'ma settle with Burning 'n Tree - noone ever mentions that one and it's pretty sweet!

Ultravisitor I haven't seen much praise, I think it's universally panned even back then when it came out. HND is generally accepted to be his best work or best after FMWT, no one mentions it much maybe because it would be too obvious.

Selection 16 is brilliant and possibly slightly underated....

Plenty of amazing melodies, driving percusion, funky jazz fillers, relentless pace, acid breakbeats, quirky vocal samples and the like. Aphex dropped a lot of these tracks in his mixes around the time it came out and didn't the pusher surprise us with a selection 16 style set at warp20......

Biuzz Caner is defo underated too........ a brilliant techno assault on the ravings of the late 1990's with soem elements of that electro jazz soud thrown in and ac a good old dose of humour too. "anyone fancy a sausage roll?"

• 3 weeks later...

Most overrated : Go Plastic. 'Coz c'mon...It's not THAT good.

Most underrated : Just A Souvenir.

(I belong indeed to those people who think that Ultravisitor is Tom's best album :derp: )

Most overrated : Go Plastic. 'Coz c'mon...It's not THAT good.

Most underrated : Just A Souvenir.

(I belong indeed to those people who think that Ultravisitor is Tom's best album :derp: )

Go Plastc is so good it blows my mind.

Just A Souvenir, i'm not sure it's very underrated. maybe at the time it was released, but the general feeling i get is that most fans like it now.

I say music is rotted one note is underrated since a lot of people i know thatve heard it regard it as random noises without any sense. but me and a few of my mates love that shit!

I say music is rotted one note is underrated since a lot of people i know thatve heard it regard it as random noises without any sense. but me and a few of my mates love that shit!

I didn't like it until I heard 70's Miles Davis. Then I realized how great it actually is. He manages to sound just like the album Get Up With It without ripping it off. He adds his own flavor so it's a really great homage.

PAPALON MOST UNDERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't realize how perfect it is until you are cruising through the city at dusk on a weekend and the CD starts skipping, you go from ice water with ice to complete maniac in about 10 seconds.

Archived