IGNORED

World's Biggest Comspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True

sup

bonus poll!!!!   

75 members have voted

1. 1. bonus poll!!!! should obama tell the world if 9/11 is a conspiracy

• yes
    • no
    • 9/11 was a conspiracy which was so big obama didnt even know so i cant answer

the way you brush the whole thing off is just too naive, i'd bet it is probably a result of your oversensitivity to policies that take off liberties for the sake of security

i'm too tired to delve into the other part of your post right now, but if anything it's a result of being bombarded day in day out with 'be afraid of terrorism' propaganda in the united states for the better part of 3 years, it's not as frequent as it used to be granted but we get reminded of 9/11 almost on a weekly basis here in the united states on CNN, Fox news, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. This is something where possibly your own nativity comes into play, that the united states isn't Israel. You didn't get the same type of media coverage i did here after 9/11. Yes native americans and blacks were abused in american society, but they can now vote. In your country there is a 2nd class of citizens brewing with frustration, it actually makes quite a lot of sense how terrorism would be likely there.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, lets just wait till when you're less tired..

i think you combining israeli arabs (which often refer to themselves as palestinians) with palestinians living beyond the green line into one, there's a huge difference between those populations in every aspect but both can vote anyway. what i meant is that terror in israel mostly comes from outside the green line.

well, lets just wait till when you're less tired..

i think you combining israeli arabs (which often refer to themselves as palestinians) with palestinians living beyond the green line into one, there's a huge difference between those populations in every aspect but both can vote anyway. what i meant is that terror in israel mostly comes from outside the green line.

are you telling me people inside the Palestinian territories can vote in the main Israeli elections? Last time i checked in 2009 they still were only allowed to vote in their internal elections, not the main ones.

but yeah man if your Mom was afraid to get her own mail and actually started buying duct tape because the news told her to be afraid of anthrax and chemical weapons (when there was never even an iota of real or substantiated threats of these kinds happening from outside terrorist forces) You might have a better understanding of why i feel the way i do. It turns out the Anthrax was only sent out to people who were voting against the Patriot Act and it turned out to have been sent by a person working for a very secure US bioweapons lab (proving my point that it was a falsified external terrorist threat)

You guys in Israel are much more used to your fear mechanism being toyed with for political gain, out here in the US it went up to unprecedented levels since 9/11 and hasn't really gone back since.

but to address some of the other things you said in your post that terrorism is scary not because it is likely (Although you do act surprised and reasonably so that far less attempts in the US have happened than you expected) but because it is unpredictable and just one attack can be devastating. Sure i'll give you that, but so can a gas leak explosion like the one that happened in Pacifica about 30 miles away from where i live. Do we live in fear of gas leak explosions? i know i don't

west bank is occupied, not annexed after all, the formation of the palestinian authority was what oslo accords was all about, areas with major palestinian population are governed by that authority not by israel.

i really can't stand how you reduce warnings about terror attacks to fear mongering for political gain, but that's probably because you know less about israel than you should given its frequency in your arguments.

well, it's great than you can neutralize fear while understanding that the threat itself has grown immensely because it won't help you in any way. what im assuming is that the human psyche reacts different to the possibility of an accident than to possibility of a deliberate attack by human, it's just much harder to conceive all the variables in such act. still i don think that you can really quantize the likelihood of a terror act, it needs a qualitative approach, comparing numbers doesn't make sense.

to conceive all the variables in such act. still i don think that you can really quantize the likelihood of a terror act, it needs a qualitative approach, comparing numbers doesn't make sense.

i dont see how comparing numbers doesn't make sense, it makes great sense actually. Terrorist attacks in this country are far less likely than dying by falling in the shower, getting struck by lightning and being killed by a deer. I take comfort in those factual statistics, if they have no merit for you and you'd rather be afraid of it, that's your business. In america i wasn't raised to be fearful of scary arabs, but i can understand if you were, my mindset might seem 'naive'

To awe's defense, when flipping channels on US-tv, it does get sickening pretty quickly. Coming from the EU, the difference is pretty obvious. TV-creators are consciously serving fear to make money out of it 24/7. Negativity sells. And people are bludgeoned to death with it. Of course, politics is just as commercial. And therefore trained to sell by fear.

Management by fear served daily.

In contrast to Israel, fear in American society is largely unjustified. And when justified, there's probably some corporation making money off of it. (read: people will make sure it's justified and keep it that way)

to conceive all the variables in such act. still i don think that you can really quantize the likelihood of a terror act, it needs a qualitative approach, comparing numbers doesn't make sense.

i dont see how comparing numbers doesn't make sense, it makes great sense actually. Terrorist attacks in this country are far less likely than dying by falling in the shower, getting struck by lightning and being killed by a deer. I take comfort in those factual statistics, if they have no merit for you and you'd rather be afraid of it, that's your business. In america i wasn't raised to be fearful of scary arabs, but i can understand if you were, my mindset might seem 'naive'

because it's much harder to devise a pattern of terrorist acts. you can sort of embrace the variables for death by falling in a shower, given the number of cases it is something you can also predict: "due to the improvement of tiling the number of deaths in the shower will decrease the following year"..something like that. you can't really declare that terrorism in u.s costs ~3000 lives per 10 years just because of that past experience, there's a very faint clue on how it actually works in the u.s, it's completely up to human action.

once again i ask you to be careful with your assumptions, the average israeli has much more contact with arabs than americans after all, arabs are about fifth of the population, living in fear of them would be unbearable.

i got major lols at the fox news terror-alert scale when i saw it first i must admit, don't know if it's still operational though.

Guest hahathhat

if anything it's a result of being bombarded day in day out with 'be afraid of terrorism' propaganda in the united states for the better part of 3 years

from your posts, it always seems like these conspiracy theories tantalize and excite you. i daresay you want them to be true. perhaps it's to make life more interesting, perhaps it's to elevate yourself above the general populace, or perhaps -- as you suggest -- your resentment of the media's grasp on your reality has driven you to construct an alternate one.

i am reminded of terrence mckenna's drivel about mushrooms:

NB: this is supposed to be a psilocybin mushroom speaking in the first person about itself.

I am old, older than thought in your species, which is itself fifty times older than your history. Though I have been on earth for ages I am from the stars. My home is no one planet, for many worlds scattered through the shining disc of the galaxy have conditions which allow my spores an opportunity for life. The mushroom which you see is the part of my body given to sex thrills and sun bathing, my true body is a fine network of fibers growing through the soil. These networks may cover acres and may have far more connections that the number in a human brain. My mycelial network is nearly immortal, only the sudden toxification of a planet or the explosion of its parent star can wipe me out. By means impossible to explain because of certain misconceptions in your model of reality all my mycelial networks in the galaxy are in hyperlight communication across space and time. The mycelial body is as fragile as a spider’s web but the collective hypermind and memory is a vast historical archive of the career of evolving intelligence on many worlds in our spiral star swarm. Space, you see, is a vast ocean to those hardy life forms that have the ability to reproduce from spores, for spores are covered with the hardest organic substance known. Across the aeons of time and space drift many spore-forming life-forms in suspended animation for millions of years until contact is made with a suitable environment. Few such species are minded, only myself and my recently evolved near relatives have achieved the hyper-communication mode and memory capacity that makes us leading members in the community of galactic intelligence. How the hypercommunication mode operates is a secret which will not be lightly given to man. But the means should be obvious: it is the occurrence of psilocybin and psilocin in the biosynthetic pathways of my living body that opens for me and my symbiots the vision screens to many worlds. You as an individual and man as a species are on the brink of the formation of a symbiotic relationship with my genetic material that will eventually carry humanity and earth into the galactic mainstream of the higher civilizations.

Since it is not easy for you to recognize other varieties of intelligence around you, your most advanced theories of politics and society have advanced only as far as the notion of collectivism. But beyond the cohesion of the members of a species into a single social organism there lie richer and even more baroque evolutionary possibilities. Symbiosis is one of these. Symbiosis is a relation of mutual dependence and positive benefits for both of the species involved. Symbiotic relationships between myself and civilized forms of higher animals have been established many times and in many places throughout the long ages of my development. These relationships have been mutually useful; within my memory is the knowledge of hyperlight drive ships and how to build them. I will trade this knowledge for a free ticket to new worlds around suns younger and more stable than your own. To secure an eternal existence down the long river of cosmic time I again and again offer this agreement to higher beings and thereby have spread throughout the galaxy over the long millennia. A mycelial network has no organs to move the world, no hands; but higher animals with manipulative abilities can become partners with the star knowledge within me and if they act in good faith, return both themselves and their humble mushroom teacher to the million worlds all citizens of our starswarm are heir to.

it is such a gorgeous, beautiful idea. it would make life more exciting if this were true.... but, sadly, it's also completely preposterous. "i want to believe.... but i'm not quite that daft."

there are plenty of lies and conspiracies, awepittance, but make sure you're not lying to yourself !

hathathat i appreciate the attempt to characterize me in a way that makes your understanding of me (via the internet) easier, but it comes off as a way to make yourself seem superior to those who you say believe in 'conspiracy theories' with not much substance. Especially given your past history of not really voicing much of an opinion at alll in serious political debates here on this forum.

or perhaps -- as you suggest -- your resentment of the media's grasp on your reality has driven you to construct an alternate one.

or perhaps this is another strawman because i actually didn't say this, if you inferred this meaning from what i said it is incorrect.

hathathat id like to see you take al ittle bit of a risk for once and actually voice a specific political opinion you have on a single issue, you seem more content just outright dismissing how you perceive my world outlook to be without even directly arguing with or addressing anything else i've said in the entire history of me talking about stuff here on watmm.

more 'conspiracies that turned out to be true' remember Richard Clarke? Well yesterday he's admitted for the first time anybody within the US government has, that we tried to get 2 of the Saudi hijackers who attacked us on 9/11 on the CIA payroll and failed previously to the attacks.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/12/national/main20091608.shtml

Guest hahathhat

hathathat i appreciate the attempt to characterize me in a way that makes your understanding of me (via the internet) easier, but it comes off as a way to make yourself seem superior to those who you say believe in 'conspiracy theories' with not much substance.

honestly, man, i just enjoy drinking coffee and writing loads of silly gibberish on the internet. it's kind of like doodling.

Especially given your past history of not really voicing much of an opinion at alll in serious political debates here on this forum.

hathathat id like to see you take al ittle bit of a risk for once and actually voice a specific political opinion you have on a single issue, you seem more content just outright dismissing how you perceive my world outlook to be without even directly arguing with or addressing anything else i've said in the entire history of me talking about stuff here on watmm.

i am pro-choice

more 'conspiracies that turned out to be true' remember Richard Clarke? Well yesterday he's admitted for the first time anybody within the US government has, that we tried to get 2 of the Saudi hijackers who attacked us on 9/11 on the CIA payroll and failed previously to the attacks.

http://www.cbsnews.c...n20091608.shtml

from that link

In the documentary, Clarke says his theory, which he says he has no proof to support, concludes that the CIA director at the time, George Tenet, ordered the cover-up after the recruitment effort failed

A book that I've recommended before "the Looming Tower", talks about how much the CIA knew about the movement of those two, and raises some more plausible theories about why they weren't apprehended (mostly down to inter-agency jealousy)

im well aware Clarke says he has no proof to support, this doesnt make it any less of a bombshell if you aware of Clarke's stature. However one could simply dismiss it by saying he's lying or it isn't true because it is quite a crazy piece of info.

To me trying to recruit 2 of the future 9/11 hijackers on the CIA payroll is a huge reveal, merely not apprehending them is a totally different thing, which it seems like you are trying to minimize it down to.

from the Daily Beast on Richard Clarke's claim that the CIA tried to put 2 of the future 9/11 hijackers on the payroll...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/08/12/richard-clarke-9-11-interview-was-there-a-cia-coverup.html

Richard Clarke’s comments reopen the debate about this troubling episode. The CIA’s “screw-up” explanation of its lamentable failure to act, having learned that two known bin Laden terrorists were headed for the United States, remains at best unconvincing, at worst indicative that it conceals a very different, secret scenario.

to dismiss someone with such high credentials as dick clarke is to say you are certain far beyond individuals who were in charge of the operations at the time... you are certain that the story told is 100% factual and you are willing to bet your life on its factuality

im slightly drunk so I hope that was coherently stated

oh, i forgot a big one.

CIA propaganda coup in Guatemala in the 1950s. There's a book called Bitter Fruit that is loaded with CIA documents.

im well aware Clarke says he has no proof to support, this doesnt make it any less of a bombshell if you aware of Clarke's stature. However one could simply dismiss it by saying he's lying or it isn't true because it is quite a crazy piece of info.

To me trying to recruit 2 of the future 9/11 hijackers on the CIA payroll is a huge reveal, merely not apprehending them is a totally different thing, which it seems like you are trying to minimize it down to.

Not apprehending them is much bigger for me - if they had been taken into custody for the crimes they were known to have committed at the time things might be much different now. It's useless thinking of them as 2 of the future hijackers - unless Minority Report was a documentary?

And as for Clarke not having proof, well all kinds of people in all kinds of high-level positions say all kinds of things. I'd like some kind of proof.

Archived