IGNORED

VHS Head - Midnight Section

oscillik

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got mine too, finally. Nice that Skam are still generous with their freebies. Are those little white Skam logo things actually stickers? I thought they were some sort of transfer (like what you get with Airfix planes). Best freebie I got from recently was a snazzy 12" square calendar, could've been designed by Peter Saville in 1983. Unfortunately it was from last year.

But I digress with bollocks, glad this has arrived to restore my faith in Skam.

Got mine too, finally. Nice that Skam are still generous with their freebies. Are those little white Skam logo things actually stickers? I thought they were some sort of transfer (like what you get with Airfix planes).

yeah it's a sticker, it'll be a vinyl sticker most likely (they usually come like that)

Got mine too, finally. Nice that Skam are still generous with their freebies. Are those little white Skam logo things actually stickers? I thought they were some sort of transfer (like what you get with Airfix planes).

yeah it's a sticker, it'll be a vinyl sticker most likely (they usually come like that)

Cool, cheers. Didn't want to rip it to shreds trying to peel off a non-existent backing.

The album had genius parts but I really don't feel this EP. Sorry guys. :shrug:

yeah, i suppose Bibio - Mind Bokeh really is better

:cisfor::crazy:

I love watmm.

I finally managed to listen to them and I like the music very much. Interesting stuff. The guy saying they are only turning knobs up and down to get more glitch effects is stupid. Will be getting more into VHS Head. I never listened to them because I don't like films so much and so I found their name very unattractive. Mhh if VHS Head are more than one guy. If not please excuse my wrong use of the term "they"...

This has probably already been answered elsewhere in the thread but... Is this release available anywhere on the internets as a digital download; specifically wav/flac?

Juno has the wavs

http://www.junodownload.com/products/midnight-section/1803252-02/

Boomkat has the flacs

http://boomkat.com/downloads/435673-vhs-head-midnight-section

it's cheaper at boomkat

:w00t:

Mine has just arrived, i thought they sent me the wrong thing at first as it was packed inside the sleeve for Freeform's Human LP

just off to make my hat and listen =)

I would recommend using the sleeve for decoration. It's a good piece of art on there.

post-197-0-86512500-1317144420_thumb.jpg

Been listening to 'Trademark Ribbons of Gold' a lot again recently. I don't think I gave it the chance it deserved when I first got it. It really is pure class. I just wish there was a CD version of this. I hate buying digital downloads, and my turntable is royally screwed at the moment. :(

Why do people act like listening to something more than once changes how it sounds?

It doesn't (technically that'd be impossible !), but your reactions to it certainly do -

this. obviously the more you listen to something the more you can grow to love it,

and notice more about it that you might appreciate/like/love/respect more, over time. or vice-versa.

I was gonna say it's the same as with smoking - everyone hates it at first and then they keep coming back to it. But then again, smoking itself stays the same ridiculous, unhealthy and pointless thing it was in the first place. So it's probably a shit comparison ... or is it? :emotawesomepm9: PS: I don't smoke.

oops, I think I'll order it at my local shop in about 2 weeks then

Tubbs01.jpg

Knitknight ... Sextion ... ?

This has probably already been answered elsewhere in the thread but... Is this release available anywhere on the internets as a digital download; specifically wav/flac?

Juno has the wavs

http://www.junodownl...ion/1803252-02/

Boomkat has the flacs

http://boomkat.com/d...idnight-section

it's cheaper at boomkat

:w00t:

Thanks a lot Neto!

Guest cult fiction

This EP definitely feels like a step backward from Trademark Ribbons of Gold.

I believe a lot of these songs are fairly old...

'Siege Express' was played in his Mary Anne Hobbes set back in 2009, so I imagine a lot of the overwhelming 'glitchiness' is due to these being earlier tracks.

Nothing to compare to the wonderful funkiness of 'The Violent Breed', 'Remote Control', etc.

But great anyway... still manages to transport me to the world VHS Head has created.

My vinyl finally arrived in the mail today. I'd been initially disappointed by the release (of course, VHS Head's music needs some time to grow on you), but I have to say that listening to the album loud in my living room changed my opinion. The same thing happened with Move of Ten by Autechre - both of these albums sound much better through speakers than through headphones, for reasons that I don't understand.

Death Dimension and Midnight Section are clear standouts, and Sundown is a great mood setter. My only complaint is that the EP doesn't have enough variety (compared to his other releases) - every song has a pretty high intensity level, which is a bit fatiguing by the end.

Anyway, this is still one of my favorite releases of the year, and the only reason I'm being critical is because of the extremely high standards VHS Head has set with his other work.

i believe the real record was just put in random sleeves lying around so as to give extra protection during transit.

also, check your random sleeve for a little tiny skam sticker. i almost missed mine.

TROG came with a blank cd.. anyone else get that before? dunno what it is for

mine didn't. no notice of that on discogs either.

I got a couple with the Sensational Meets Koyxen vinyl, along with my 2010 calendar. I think it's safe to say there's no real rhyme and reason behind what they send with what, just the luck of the draw.

Mine has just arrived, i thought they sent me the wrong thing at first as it was packed inside the sleeve for Freeform's Human LP

just off to make my hat and listen =)

I would recommend using the sleeve for decoration. It's a good piece of art on there.

yeah im looking forward to looking at this sleeve on acid

btw they look like posters not the sleeves, where did you get them? or can i just not see the folds?

i believe the real record was just put in random sleeves lying around so as to give extra protection during transit.

also, check your random sleeve for a little tiny skam sticker. i almost missed mine.

Yeah I got two. They're nice.

Archived