oscillik

if they could stop ruining my favourite films please... that would be great. :catrage:

The old movies will always be there and will continue to be good movies despite the sequels/prequels being turds. Just ignore them if they suck.

if they could stop ruining my favourite films please... that would be great. :catrage:

The old movies will always be there and will continue to be good movies despite the sequels/prequels being turds. Just ignore them if they suck.

i will azatoth, much as i am now ignoring your pancake bunny goatse.

Guest bitroast

i always figured blade runner kept it ambiguous and hinted at deckard being a replicant. the ending of the directors cut at least pretty much spells it out ??

do androids age in blade runner lore? how are they gonna get old harrison ford into the new film and not ruin that nicely balanced ambiguity in the original film without fucking shit up??

maybe they will tron legacy it and ruin the film with cgi ? : P

17_tron-jeffb_560x375.jpg

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

The Deckard from the first film wouldn't have had much time left to live with Rachel before they both shut down. This is probably going to be a new version - could be perhaps that they've experimented with how much memory to give the replicants and this one has been given a whole lifetime and has the appearance of an old man, or perhaps this is the human that the replicant version from the first film was modelled after? Or they're just going to change their minds and pretend Deckard was never a replicant in the first place. Or holograms.

Guest transmisiones ferox

i enjoyed prometheus, one of the better sci-fi films, the ending was half weak but in all it was really enjoyable, I think it was one of the most anticipated movies I had, just scrolling the forums for updates, for months,

also almost zero anticipations for the RS directing possible sequel of Blade Runner, he can make whatever film he wants, I almost don't care, the director's name's don't make classics, if you want to revive a 30 y o film, classic..

Edited by arvy Ictal

Too many rumours and speculation hanging over this project. I wouldn't be so surprised to see Ridley unmasked as Steinvord. He's an old artist juggling a great many projects at once, perhaps more prolific than his agesakes Woody Allen and Ken Loach and Eno due to his production duties (wasn't Ridley also developing a TV project aswell?), I agree that he must try and fix Prometheus with the sequel, i liked Prometheus and think the potential is there to do something very great with Prometheus 2, but i don't know how he can do it with thoughts of replicants and all the other Blade Runner character's in his brain. He needs to stay focused on one project at a time.

So is it good when he's on or off this?

Depends on where his heads at with all the other stuff he's doing.

It's going to be shit either way. If it ever gets made I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist.

Harrison Fiord has bailed on it.

Where'd you hear that? Ridley recently said that Ford's part in the movie is in the third act...
I think it was on DJ Food's FB, are you telling me he's not a reputable news source? LOL

Guest jasondonervan

Harrison Fiord has bailed on it.

Where'd you hear that? Ridley recently said that Ford's part in the movie is in the third act...
I think it was on DJ Food's FB, are you telling me he's not a reputable news source? LOL

I look forward to hearing details about Boards of Canada's next LP on Vince Vaughn's Facebook page

• 2 weeks later...

^ saw that earlier. you can't buy any of the fuckers! god I hate seeing amazing poster designs and not being able to get my grubby fingers on them. I really want this one:

PG_ALIEN_XXXV-768x1024.jpg

Edited by usagi

• 2 weeks later...

i haven't been checking this thread so am not aware if this news is salient to the massif, neverthless.

Ridley Scott: ‘Blade Runner’ Sequel Is Best Script Harrison Ford Has ‘Ever Read’

link

Director Ridley Scott told MTV News that the screenplay is not only “written and ready to go,” but that Ford loves it.

“I sent him this (script) and he said, ‘Wow, this is the best thing I’ve ever read,’ so it’s very relevant to what happened (in) the first one,” Scott told MTV News. “I’m not just doing a sequel with lots of action and see how far we can go with the special effects because you can’t really. ‘Blade Runner’ kind of landed on a somehow very credible future. And it’s very difficult to change that because it’s been so influential with everything else.”

Although Scott is debating whether he’ll direct the sequel, it looks like Ford will most certainly be reprising his role as Rick Deckard.

Alcon Entertainment has been working on the project since early 2011.

Scott also talked about another highly anticipated sequel, “Prometheus 2,” which will continue to explore the relationship between Noomi Rapace’s Elizabeth Shaw and Michael Fassbender’s David, whom Scott teased might not be bodyless for long.

“Once that head goes back on, he’s really dangerous, but he’s also very seductive,” Scott said. “So maybe he’ll persuade her to help him put the head back.”