oscillik

I'm sure PKD is rolling in his grave over this

I think if he were alive he would just smirk at the stupidity of all this. as someone who wrote constantly about the meaning of reality and reality vs personal fictions, he must find all this current day garbage movie-fare amusing.

Guest unteleportedman

On the other hand, I think I would very much like to see a film adaptation of Ubik (he actually wrote a screenplay for it). Also there is a french adaptation of "Confessions Of A Crap Artist" that I would like to see but havent been able to find it as a download.

Edited by unteleportedman

• 2 weeks later...

On the other hand, I think I would very much like to see a film adaptation of Ubik (he actually wrote a screenplay for it). Also there is a french adaptation of "Confessions Of A Crap Artist" that I would like to see but havent been able to find it as a download.

Michel Gondry has been working on it for years, but seems in no big hurry to finish:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38113

Michel Gondry has been working on it for years, but seems in no big hurry to finish:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38113

Whoa I did not know that.

Nobody tells me about things like this. :wacko:

I'm sure PKD is rolling in his grave over this. After seeing parts of Blade Runner (he died before its release) he was eventually happy with the rewritten script and test reel because he felt it represented the world he created perfectly. I don't like the idea of a sequel being made that will be in a similar style because it will never be authentic PKD material.

nice article find Rubin. i really can't imagine what this is going to be like, it will surely be a very surreal sci-fi and hopefully Michel's style will work with rather than against it. i've always thought of his work as being quite surreal and whimsical and i'm not sure how this will work with what's been described as a "deeply unsettling existential horror story". only one way to find out i guess. i see they mention Vincenzo Natali's Neuromancer. lol! he will not make this film. i'm afraid to say that if Prometheus is anything to go by BR2 will be disappointing.

• 7 months later...

Why even make a remake? I mean, aside from money, why?

LOL Money is why ANY movie get's made! They don't want to burn millions on nothing.

Well the world explored in Blade Runner is interesting. But, I'm not sure a sequel is really necessary or wanted by pretty much anyone except execs wanting cash. Also, Scott has implied or stated that Bladerunner and the Alien series exist in the same universe. But that could just be a crazy old man-ness coming out.

its going to suck like 99% of every other fukin thing hollywood makes

they make movies for the international market now, and ever since that market has been making more money for them than the domestic market, the movies have gotten 5x more retarded. which says some things about the idea that americans are the worlds stupidest people, doesn't it? at least, it should if we're being honest here.

fuckin transformers cockfests are what the world wants. and its what theyl get

look at robocop. the original was this very unique, dripping satire of various things all at once. it had the superficial plot and the gore and the effects, but there was this whole other layer of messages under that surface. did the remake have any of that? well, it had blatant, paper thin right wing colbert-esque satire which everyone loves, and that worked out really great and artistically didn't it? like when hollywood took moore's v for vendetta and turned it into commentary of american right wing politics. the world loves that shit. so does a sizable chunk of retarded americans. but it doesn't have any actual depth, and it wont be remembered. but hey as long as this shit keeps making hundreds of millions from those other countries that are so much smarter than america is, it's all were gonna get.

Edited by MisterE

like when hollywood took moore's v for vendetta and turned it into commentary of american right wing politics.

I agree with most of what you've just said, but in reality what part of the Thatcher and Reagan administration wasn't 'right wing' ? The original V for Vendetta was made in direct response to that era, so while the new film tried to slightly transpose it onto modern 00's right wing politics, right wing politics don't change much over time.

My source says the climax of the movie is this line: "NOW DECKARD . . ARE YOU A REPLICAN . . OR A REPLICAN'T"

My source says the climax of the movie is this line: "NOW DECKARD . . ARE YOU A REPLICAN . . OR A REPLICAN'T"

...OR A REPLICUNT''

seriously over old soulless stilted Harrison Ford, when i first heard Mark Hamill was in the new star wars I was super stoked until i found out the whole movie would be old Indy 4 Crystal Skull stroke-esque Han Solo looking for him.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

• 4 months later...

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/25/7286991/blade-runner-2-wont-be-directed-by-ridley-scott

"Harrison is very much part of this one, but really it’s about finding him," Scott tells Variety. "He comes in in the third act."

Scott won't direct (probably for the better...) but will still be producing. Should go into production next year. 2016 release imminent.

seriously over old soulless stilted Harrison Ford, when i first heard Mark Hamill was in the new star wars I was super stoked until i found out the whole movie would be old Indy 4 Crystal Skull stroke-esque Han Solo looking for him.

Or, unshackled from Lucas' wooden directing, Harrison will do a decent job, despite getting on in years...

I hope they give Chewbacca gray fur, or at least streaks - he's getting pretty old at this point.

Seen the script have you? Linky,pls