IGNORED

The Most Underrated / Overrated Music

Redruth

Guest murphythecat8

yeah, sanders is one oof my favorite sax player, really unique style, and his india influence is genius, im sure that would have been coltrane direction if I hadnt died.

Terribly underatted: Arovane

Underrated: Kilowatts, Kettel, Bluetech

overrated: autechre, BOC

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest murphythecat8

i love when people don't get boc or ae and blame it on boc and ae

"oh, i get them. it's just garbage"

its not garbage, I love BOC and like autechrem, I get them, whats no to get? you still think your a genius because you "understand" autechre and boc, lol

Music by WATMM members. Look at the 2013 poll. EOD better than Arovane, Daft Punk, Forest Swords and My Bloody Valentine? Ridiculous.

indeed, this place is fucked, as if exai is a masterpiece, and sorry but tomorrow harvest has not been played for two month here without any problem.

its not garbage, I love BOC and like autechrem, I get them, whats no to get? you still think your a genius because you "understand" autechre and boc, lol

Music by WATMM members. Look at the 2013 poll. EOD better than Arovane, Daft Punk, Forest Swords and My Bloody Valentine? Ridiculous.

indeed, this place is fucked, as if exai is a masterpiece, and sorry but tomorrow harvest has not been played for two month here without any problem.
lol what a snob you are man. Its obvious that you never took any psychedelic substances. Arovane is better then geogaddi or exai? That's just fully retarded. Eh yeah you totally don't get it, go listen to flashbulb

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S5360 met Tapatalk

overrated:dj rashad

rp boo

underrated: young smoke

I think DJ Rashad is rightfully acclaimed, I agree RP Boo is a bit overrated, new stuff was bit too wonky and overly off-kilter. He really lead the whole footwork/juke experimentation though.

And yeah, Young Smoke is underrated, same with DJ Diamond. DJ Spinn and Chrissy Murderbot put out some good stuff too.

Guest murphythecat8

lol what a snob you are man. Its obvious that you never took any psychedelic substances. Arovane is better then geogaddi or exai? That's just fully retarded. Eh yeah you totally don't get it, go listen to flashbulb

I have done my own DMT extraction and have experience a breakthrough, I must have done shrooms 30 times, I buy my own peruvian torch on the net and trip once every 6 month minimum. I am a psychonaut. You should maybe stop judging.

I consider BOC or autechre less pleasurable then arovane, whats it got to do with me being a snob?

Guest murphythecat8

since you talk about psychedelics, you should listen to kettel on shroom and then listen to BOC or autechre. I promise that BOC or autechre will sound like a joke compared to kettel.

actually, autechre gives me the creep on or torch

I have done my own DMT extraction and have experience a breakthrough, I must have done shrooms 30 times, I buy my own peruvian torch on the net and trip once every 6 month minimum. I am a psychonaut. You should maybe stop judging.

I consider BOC or autechre less pleasurable then arovane, whats it got to do with me being a snob?

yeah nevermind my foolish drunk post im sorry.

I just think exai/levent pushed bounderies and gave us new sounds. The new arovane sounds like easy listening 15 year old autechre with pretty melodies (very well made of course) same with kettel, nothing groundbreaking or soulshocking.

Autechre is 2 me far more complex and demands countless listens and time but is so rewarding. On psychedelics it just throws you in these alien worlds and dimensions like nothing else. Just no way they are overrated.

Anyway ill look more into your suggetions, hopefully i'm wrong so i'll have some new awesome music. Peace

Guest murphythecat8

well, arovane for me is not the 2013 release. I think its is less good work, nothing like tides or lillies or icol diston or itol scrap, for me those are sublime. The new record is definitely not what I like about arovane, in fact it sound nothing like the old arovane.

Listen to the early kettel, anything before 2007 is perfect for me, soulshocking, touching, my favorite music in the whole world :).

Have a good listen to my dogan or through friendly waters on a good 2 g of shroom and I assure you that you may discover the most beautiful music you ever heard. Yes autechre on shroom is indeed alien, but it doesnt brings me in a good mood.

BTW, for me kettel is impossible to understand and always captivating. I can never fully understand his drum and hi hats works, its just like a game of illusion, fascinating stuff, genius imo. Each listen is a whole new experience and is more intricate then any autechre I know: but im talking about his music before the myam james, I have a soft spot for his beginning up to though friendly waters, his peak imo.

I love boc and had for a while a addiction to both BOC or autechre, those have faded away. Kettel, its been 5 years I love himm, and probably always will.

well, arovane for me is not the 2013 release. I think its is less good work, nothing like tides or lillies or icol diston or itol scrap, for me those are sublime. The new record is definitely not what I like about arovane, in fact it sound nothing like the old arovane.

Listen to the early kettel, anything before 2007 is perfect for me, soulshocking, touching, my favorite music in the whole world :).

Have a good listen to my dogan or through friendly waters on a good 2 g of shroom and I assure you that you may discover the most beautiful music you ever heard. Yes autechre on shroom is indeed alien, but it doesnt brings me in a good mood.

BTW, for me kettel is impossible to understand and always captivating. I can never fully understand his drum and hi hats works, its just like a game of illusion, fascinating stuff, genius imo. Each listen is a whole new experience and is more intricate then any autechre I know: but im talking about his music before the myam james, I have a soft spot for his beginning up to though friendly waters, his peak imo.

I love boc and had for a while a addiction to both BOC or autechre, those have faded away. Kettel, its been 5 years I love himm, and probably always will.

well i listened carefully to a bunch of kettel tracks and i can see why you love it and i'm sure i would have a jolly awesome trip on this music, it's definatly underated and very skillfully made

BUT to be honest i'd much rather have my ass raped by venetian snares "huge chrome cilinder box unfolding" or autechre's quaristice on shrooms,

my dogan is just pure drukqs (the best album ever :cat: ) whoreship and he doesn't reach that level at all

boc can and so do autechre young man, they are not 'hey i'v been here before!' they take you to unkown heaven and hell

you need to rediscover some of their albums cause i think you might be missing some serious braingasm/trauma

anyway thanks for the tip, it's good music and i might buy an album of kettel!

ooze rant over and out

Guest murphythecat8

Listening to venetian snares is unbearable for me sober and on shrooms, I would have a bad trip lol. I'm getting maybe too old for the autechre/venetian type of aggressivity in music. I find myself listening more and more of ambient and classical music and really melodic stuff like jazz where all the music is based on melody. I dont see where my dogan can be compared to druqks, its two different album but I much prefer my dogan.

Anyways, I agree about young smoke, I kinda liked the 2012 album!

Listening to venetian snares is unbearable for me sober and on shrooms, I would have a bad trip lol. I'm getting maybe too old for the autechre/venetian type of aggressivity in music. I find myself listening more and more of ambient and classical music and really melodic stuff like jazz where all the music is based on melody.

You should listen to Oversteps on psychedelics then.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently bought Hard Islands by Nathan Fake - just can't get into it. Not saying it's overrated though.

never got on with his stuff either, I don't think its really overrated, but I know what you mean

Overated: luke vibert, clark,

Top (in order) electro: Kettel, Aphex Twin, Secede, Proem, Ochre, Wisp, Arovane, Jon Hopkins,

Top 10: Dinosaur Jr, Gil scott, Coltrane, Miles davis, Hendrix, Zappa, Tristano, Chopin, Van morrison, DMB,.

There cannot be contentment in the mind if there's desire.

-Ayya Khema

Does the "DMB" in your sig stand for "Dave Matthews Band"?

Archived