IGNORED

Dave Monolith - Welcome

Redruth

Overall I liked this, while the Tuss influences are undeniable, it is also true that he takes these elements in different directions, except in Vortexuer which could be called either a Tuss tribute or clone depending on how much you wanna hate.

Guest viscosity

typical of the forum though.. it's popular so people want to set themselves apart and dislike it. that's cool I guess. undeniable quality though, let's see someone here flesh out something as good as this

i havnet heard any*released* tunes as of late parr for a few 30s intentionals that even sound tussy.

braindance came well before tuss

the only intnetional tuss ive heard is bank_4_step_030108

Yeah, his pads and punchy basslines are the sh**! He's a synth virtuoso to say the least and makes wonderful melodies.. don't understand the hate.. oh, well...maybe some people expect some sort of purist approach and sound wizardry.. I'd say that musical genious stretches far beyond one’s ability to make texture rich sounds.. If you don’t appreciate melodic and synthwork quality of Monolith’s work.. you’re obviously missing a lot (or your attention is biased)!

Edited by naos

Can't tell if troll

not, really. just sayin' how a different approach to listening to music and ability to grasp diverse aspects of music make a huge impact on how you percieve music qualitatively

Edited by naos

Can't tell if troll

not, really. just sayin' how a different approach to listening to music and ability to grasp diverse aspects of music make a huge impact on how you percieve music qualitatively

So because you like this, anyone else who doesn't like it doesn't listen to music properly?

let's see someone here flesh out something as good as this

i shit at least a dozen eps a month that are so good that this album sounds ridiculous in comparison.

yet my music is so groundbreaking that i won't release it. it's so ahead of its time that it changes your perception of sound - and by extension of music- forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05bFb1J6kzI

Can't tell if troll

So because you like this, anyone else who doesn't like it doesn't listen to music properly?

no, didn’t say that. I just think people are biased. or maybe it’s just me. But I really throughly enjoy Monolith’s music because there is a lot to love there (starting from lush synths, amazing work with filters, funky ornaments etc..)

He gets pay to make music .. i paid to listen, i did not like the product and as a PAID costumer i have the right to express my opinion.

This is a step backwards for him,just listen to his EP .. it was almost revolutionary and a lot of people including myself had high hopes for the guy .. but i guess the pressure and hype was too much for him and his potential collapsed like a stack of hay.

Edited by YO303

Can't tell if troll

no, didn’t say that. I just think people are biased. or maybe it’s just me. But I really throughly enjoy Monolith’s music because there is a lot to love there (starting from lush synths, amazing work with filters, funky ornaments etc..)

People just like what they like, and dislike what they dislike. They are being biased you're right, but it's their taste.

edit for internets

MULTI-EDIT: I do like the album artwork a lot

Edited by Dan C

He gets pay to make music .. i paid to listen, i did not like the product and as a PAID costumer i have the right to express my opinion.

This is a step backwards for him,just listen to his EP .. it was almost revolutionary and a lot of people including myself had high hopes for the guy .. but i guess the pressure and hype was too much for him and his potential collapsed like a stack of hay.

:facepalm:

Guest viscosity

also the tuss/afx clone argument is ludicrous. guy doesn't have the time and energy to execute all his ideas, so if someone picks it up as an influence and pushes forward, what's the problem? shit doesn't doesn't manifest out of thin air, everything is a progression off something else. ffs watmm

i shit at least a dozen eps a month that are so good that this album sounds ridiculous in comparison.

yet my music is so groundbreaking that i won't release it. it's so ahead of its time that it changes your perception of sound - and by extension of music- forever.

Edited by vganalog

conternder best post 2011 imo

you have yourself to blame to throw your money on something you dislike. that's what preview clips are for.

you have yourself to blame to throw your money on something you dislike. that's what preview clips are for.

I per-ordered the album before the clips were available. Liker i said .. i over-hyped the shit out of this guy.

Edited by YO303

First 3 tracks are quite easy on the ears, I'll give it that much. Fourth one is awful and I started to lose interest altogether about halfway the album. I'll probably finish it later on, in smaller doses.

There's some craftsmanship in there. But it seems like he put a lot more effort into studying how electronic music is made than learning to make it. If that makes sense.

For a debut album it's not radical enough to be memorable, but also not modest enough to be charming. As if he was so busy mastering the skills that he didn't have time to develop a talent, an intuition. To me this sounds like an album that's made by someone who has something to lose. And that would make this, whithin its own tiny niche, a primarily commercial album. A crowd pleaser. This guy can do better, I think.