IGNORED

Dave Monolith - Welcome

Redruth

If you all stopped trying to tell him that he's wrong, he wouldn't have to prove to you that he thinks something different. Might as well be arguing with a gay friend on the merits of Lady Gaga.

fo'real

Also, when is this gonna be up on rephlex so that i can buy it from there.

Or at least listen to the samples. Maybe fried and Legless on gin, is right.

If you all stopped trying to tell him that he's wrong, he wouldn't have to prove to you that he thinks something different. Might as well be arguing with a gay friend on the merits of Lady Gaga.

fo'real

you're talking to yourself?

I enjoyed the album. Even if it has a lot of Tussy vibes, I think that's why I enjoyed it. It's obviously not The Tuss, but it gives me the sort of synth work I really enjoy in those two EPs and the recent DMX Krew stuff.

I also noticed the abrupt endings, but they're not so bad. That was actually my father's original comment on ICBYD, saying he liked most of it, but they all seemed to just end.

Not too impressed with this. I think EP format is perfect for this guy. 11 tracks with the samey vibe, melodies and sounds with slight changes in arrangements from track to track is a bit too much and doesn't constitute a great album in my book.

Maybe I'm just spoiled with all these new achievements in sound design and people like Andy Stott, Phoenecia and Marow who can pull out uniquely breathtaking sounds and atmospheres and still deliver a coherent yet varied pieces of work.

6/10

i don't know.. to me it's just not trying to be anything that it isn't, if you know what i mean. it's just braindance, classic Rephlex style... and if you don't like... doesn't really matter. it'll sell out anyway.

i think it's a tasty album, i enjoy it... and i, as a fan of stuff, am not really too bothered about "new achievements in sound design". that's a load of pretentious bollocks at the end of the day

9/10

Edited by sirch

fo'real

you're talking to yourself?

Just finishing what i was saying as there were now a couple of posts in the way and i didn't want to just edit my post lest the boring prattle that i said got missed.

yeah.

Guest bitroast

it's an exercise in masochism

the macc and dogghn LP still isn't available for download on rephlex site.

and because it's a rephlex release, isn't available for download anywhere else.

pretty shitty.

Well, last time they had a release spree at the beginning of the new rephlex site, they gave us some releases in digital format, before the physical release. So that was what was in mind when i assumed that i should be able to, i guess.

Anyway whatever. I'll listen when it's eventually up there.

Guest bitroast

listening now. this album is actually hitting all the spots i was hoping it'd hit.

the negative response it received in this thread by a few members actually lowered my expectations. thanks guys:) loving the album.

Not too impressed with this. I think EP format is perfect for this guy. 11 tracks with the samey vibe, melodies and sounds with slight changes in arrangements from track to track is a bit too much and doesn't constitute a great album in my book.

Maybe I'm just spoiled with all these new achievements in sound design and people like Andy Stott, Phoenecia and Marow who can pull out uniquely breathtaking sounds and atmospheres and still deliver a coherent yet varied pieces of work.

6/10

judging by the melodic quality alone, this album stands out as brilliant.. dunno.. You don't think that "Farewell Frenchman" has the lushest funky bassline? You see it just as an arrangement of what.. random tones? :)

pozdrav bro!

Just played the tracks over my monitors in a dark room, this man mixes in 3d... this I am convinced of.

Absolutely lush album, for a debut artist tackling a very impressive little style. For anyone who wishes to take a stab at his melodic workings, your ears must be shit, or your head is so far up your ass, your heart must be beating too loud in your ears.

Dave should be proud, there sounds like a ton of work put into this and the sounds/timbres and the drums (oh the drums) are just awesome. :)

For anyone who wishes to take a stab at his melodic workings, your ears must be shit, or your head is so far up your ass, your heart must be beating too loud in your ears.

No you. :emotawesomepm9: