IGNORED

Dave Monolith - Welcome

Redruth

don't know where you get that from - certainly not from this thread....he's getting slated for "ripping off" the tuss in here if anything.

what i think is this: the people who came to IDM/Braindance/Whatever through going out raving in the 90s, doing a load of Es and dancing all night, like this album. it's party music, not pretentious, uplifting and makes you want to dance and wave your arms about.

the people who came to IDM/Braindance/Whataver through the likes of NiN, Radiohead etc simply don't get it. It's too happy for one thing and hasn't got enough beard-scratching moments. They can't dance and never went to raves, so don't appreciate the finer points of cutting the midrange and dropping the bass - personally it always raises a smile from me, no matter how many times it's been done before.

anyway, not surprised a lot of you don't like this album - you weren't meant to.

haha, i actually think there's some truth in this! ^ it's not that black and white but there's definitely some truth there i reckon...

edit: shit! do i actually agree with BCM, for once!? ;P

Edited by sirch

rofl, killer comment bcm, know thats an opinion,man. I is comin from teh raves, in fact I dance so incredibly boss, that when I enter the stage half the ppl form a circle and the other half feels so embarrassed, they leave, but not before begging me to have sex with their girlfriends, so they have prove, that god exists, but still I think, that this album has an energy hole, but I'm far away from hatin it, so what am I talking about....

tumblr_luhh7zss8L1qmfr6mo1_400.gif

I didn't want to step back into this thread after my initial comment, because really, everybody perceives things differently and that's fine. But don't like to dance cause we don't get the album. And all the other superiority insults. Come on, seriously.

My was point is that it is too noodly, each track doesn't make any point. Like i said, there's no candy and no journey. It has nothing to do with not worshipping at the alter of the funk (which it doesn't quite do either). As someone wrote, this guy has better stuff in him, but maybe in trying to hone his craft, and with all the pressure on him. He got distracted from that.

I'm not going to listen again for a month, and see what i think then. As for the thread devolving into a pointless i know better than you fest. That can stop now, seriously.

p.s. - i fucking hate africa bambaataa's planet rock and anything by NIN equally. Always have. Both are devoid of my programming's version of nice noises, so bounce off my brain's firewall.

I'm not gonna get all bent out of shape about it or anything, but I do think Dave Monolith sounds a lot like the Tuss. Or perhaps just Analord. I dunno, I haven't bought the album yet so perhaps it's not so striking a resemblance as a whole album. But surely we are not trying to deny that fact, right?

It's fine for more music that sounds like this to exist, I think.

I love to dance and I have been to raves and I am not a big fan of the album. it's alright though. unfortunately, I do have to say it is Rephlex's best in 2011 so far.

I don't dance and didn't go to raves but I really like the album and will buy it digitally when I can. The first few tracks of the album are slower paced than "Volume 1", and didn't initially click with me. I enjoy the later tracks most where it gets more fast paced and the first few are still growing on me. Son I am not disappoint.

Also extra points for no side-chain.

I'm not gonna get all bent out of shape about it or anything, but I do think Dave Monolith sounds a lot like the Tuss. Or perhaps just Analord. I dunno, I haven't bought the album yet so perhaps it's not so striking a resemblance as a whole album. But surely we are not trying to deny that fact, right?

For sure, but he sounds like The Tuss and Analord if The Tuss and Analord were good.

For sure, but he sounds like The Tuss and Analord if The Tuss and Analord were good.

That's a good point, this is as good as those, so just enjoy. Hope Monolith develops his sound to something else in the future.

Oh watmm..

Before album: This guy is a genious! Great Tussy vibes!

After album: This guy is boring. Too Tuss-like!

This is the forum where loads of people are praising every single SND release... It's hard not to laugh.

Edited by Bewarethefriendlyfoil