IGNORED

Dave Monolith - Welcome

Redruth

im a bit let down to be honest. the album starts out great but it falls flat as it goes. i had the same thing with vhs head last year. ep blew me away but whole record caught me bored sometimes. maybe my expectations for LPs are too high. or im not high enough to get it. who knows.

im a bit let down to be honest. the album starts out great but it falls flat as it goes. i had the same thing with vhs head last year. ep blew me away but whole record caught me bored sometimes. maybe my expectations for LPs are too high. or im not high enough to get it. who knows.

if you need drugs to 'get' music, i personally think there's something wrong there.

(also don't misconstrue my words - if you wanna use drugs to enhance your listening experience, that's fine. but relying on drugs to make you like the music in the first place is a little...strange in my opinion.)

if you need drugs to 'get' music, i personally think there's something wrong there.

(also don't misconstrue my words - if you wanna use drugs to enhance your listening experience, that's fine. but relying on drugs to make you like the music in the first place is a little...strange in my opinion.)

don't call FBI just yet as it was just a joke.

what does the FBI have to do with anything? :shrug:

For anyone who wishes to take a stab at his melodic workings, your ears must be shit, or your head is so far up your ass, your heart must be beating too loud in your ears.

you're right. i'm deaf and a pretentious cunt.

I really just wanted to see if you'd respond like one, no surprises there.

now lets hug it out, bro

:emotawesomepm9::flower:

I would buy this if it digital was available. The Rephlex Paradox continues: conducting business like it's 1994 but crying all day and night about piracy. Any label that does not offer digital downloads for money is a cunt really. It's pure profit--bandwidth and webspace is paid for already and it costs exactly zero to sell infinite copies of the product :dry:

what's odd is the 'new' website seemingly would make it easy to upload new digital sales items, and it has not been updated with any new content since it launched.

it just reflects that they dont care enough, i dont even think its a profit motive i think its just laziness.

If you do any drugs at all there's seriously something wrong with you.

This strange music is enough.

what does the FBI have to do with anything? :shrug:

:trap:

Oh holy shit, where have I heard Zunker before?

I had heard it on his myspace some time ago.

He has dropped the RDJ sample from the album version, though.

oscillik, for someone who's from England you pretty much suck at English. First that bleep problem and now this.

"maybe my expectations for LPs are too high. or im not high enough to get it." <- you seriously don't get his word play? Fuck. And I don't know if this "what does the FBI have to do with anything?" thing is some lame joke of yours of what, but either way you perfectly fit into the stereotype of uptight IDM cunt. Ok? Bye.

And Welcome is really not that great of an album.

oscillik, for someone who's from England you pretty much suck at English. First that bleep problem and now this.

"maybe my expectations for LPs are too high. or im not high enough to get it."

And Welcome is really not that great of an album.

chill, out.

That goes for the argumentative tone of this page too.

Also, i listened through the youtube examples yesterday and wasn't in to it. everything seemed half baked/undeveloped/extended for lack of content. Listening to it again, this time extremely sleep deprived and it's working a bit better but still, no journeys and very little candy.

I might still get it and see how it works in the car in wav. Still though. ar well. sorry man. Maybe i'm going through an unreceptive phase.

I just finished listening to the album and WOW what a fucking disappointment. I love his debut EP and i thought it was original and the "step forward" the genre need it .. but Welcome is a piece of shit .. hundred steps backwards. it sounds like it was done by an amateur DMX ripp-off.

I guess I don't get the hate? I feel like anyone who's sat behind analog gear, sequencers, drum machines and just in general produces electronic music, would appreciate the small details, sound quality and time that obviously went into this album along with the fact that it sounds fucking massive thru a good system. Not arguing, I am just wondering what everyone keeps marking this up too like this style is so played out? You cant tell me in a show if all the sudden 'farewell frenchman' or 'euphorium' dropped in the middle of some set in a dark room, you wouldn't get an urge to move? Man, rephlex can't do anything to please anyone anymore if it taint AFX'z lol. I can't wait to hear everyone bitch and moan about +10 part two when it doesn't break musical ground on the moon :wink:

Me thinks if this was dropped as an LP out of nowhere 2 or 3 years (probably like it should have) ago everyone would be all over it. Me thinks haters just be hating.

Maybe people just don't like it.

No point trying to convince people they like something just because you do innit.

<3