IGNORED

Steinvord - Steinvord

Redruth

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

Is there any useful information in this thread? Release date/samples/etc? I don't want to skim through 30 pages of goofing off.

Came out a few weeks ago..?

Samples available the myspace page, bleep, boomkat, etc.

Is there any useful information in this thread? Release date/samples/etc? I don't want to skim through 30 pages of goofing off.

samples

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/441468-01.htm

buy

http://boomkat.com/vinyl/469027-steinvord-steinvord

Thanks. I thought this was a full album, looks like it's a 12" with 5 tracks.

For others:

http://bleep.com/ind...releaseid=34814

http://boomkat.com/v...nvord-steinvord

edit: thanks to the above last few posts I hadn't seen before I clicked "submit".

I think the Vinyl sounds loads better than the myspace rips. Much more depth of sound, clarity and dynamic range. As one would hope in comparison to a compressed mp3.

yeah, agreed. I hadn't heard maelstrom since 2009, and now hearing it again in good quality on a good system, I can tell just exactly how fucking lazy it is. jesus christ. there is a ridiculous amount of space on that track. Most of the song is just fucking boring and nothing is happening, and then there are the drops of the song, where it's just fucking messy drum programming in the first one, and the rest are badly pitchshifted, obnoxious breaks, with a single pattern of clever IDM style breakbeats repeated over and over in the background to make it seem complex. The end of the track is the worst part. He just let his DAW record the whole minute and a half reverb tail when he was done with the track and called it good, and you're supposed to just sit there and listen to it.

Guest rotchnock

this steinvord vinyl is a 128kbps rip

make makes you reach this conclusion? I was actually surprised after Pissflaps raved about the mixing/mastering quality ont he vinyl itself VS the myspace tracks. When i threw the wax on for the first time i was kinda underwhelmed by just how similar it did sound mastering wise and quality wise to the myspace tracks, maybe a tad better. Do you guys who own the vinyl find the tracks to be of significantly better quality than whats on myspace?

You get trolled this easily?

Joined 31-January 12

That guy just registered to talk shit.

Everyone knows this EP is great at this point, and if you dont like it for whatever reason you'll have to admit it's at least pretty decent. People talking plain shit do it to save face after so many discussions and conspiracy theories in case it gets confirmed that this is just some random kid who came up with tracks like this at age 16, when at that time we were making our first terrible tunes on Garageband demo.

well since i didn't believe him and asked why he thought that, i didn't get trolled. But you sound a lot like pissflaps, are you guys just coincidentally of similar writing style? if i wasn't on drugs right now id assume i was being trolled duped (by a dupe)

Remember when everyone used to think Venetian Snares was everyone? I mean, it's way more likely than fucking Skrillex, ferfuckssake

Also remember when Squarepusher said he was done using the Amen Break? Wouldn't this just be an easy way to get out of that one, by using a different alias? I couldn't see how he could ever give that break up, it would almost be like the man giving up on his bass. :wacko:

this clearly Tom and Rich working together. And don't mention Sonny Daffodils(Scrullicks) in the same thread as Squarepusher and RDJ, have some fucking sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this clearly Tom and Rich working together. And don't mention Sonny Daffodils(Scrullicks) in the same thread as Squarepusher and RDJ, have some fucking sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skrillex.

lol

does anyone else in here suspect wattm user

rotchnock is actually pissflaps duping or somebody sharing an account?

his wording about Steinvord being a 16 year old kid compared to us when we were 16 using garage band loops seemed like a slip up. Unless that is in the press release itself, i think it's highly likely we got a dupe, and perhaps an untouchable dupe!

Guest rotchnock

does anyone else in here suspect wattm user

rotchnock is actually pissflaps duping or somebody sharing an account?

his wording about Steinvord being a 16 year old kid compared to us when we were 16 using garage band loops seemed like a slip up. Unless that is in the press release itself, i think it's highly likely we got a dupe, and perhaps an untouchable dupe!

Actually I realized how important it would be if it the guy really turned out to be that age from one of the initial posts of the thread:

I believe that it's impossible for this "Steinvord" to be a young unknown. Imagine you were a 18 year old kid who could make music that many truly believe is the work of Aphex Twin and-or Squarepusher; are you going to tell me that you're not even going to put up a picture of yourself? You're not going to go and take credit for what you did? * slaps table * Bullshit!

If you're that good at making music and you're "nobody" then you are going to try and become "somebody" as soon as you possibly can. That's just common sense. Ask Al Pacino in "The Devil's Advocate" why vanity is his favorite sin. There's no way you sit back and ostensibly release nothing else for years, aside from a niche 12" re-release of your "internet demos" on Rephlex Records that might sell something like 500 copies EXCLUSIVELY to an audience of people who you already wowed a few years ago.

I also realized claiming it's full on "aphex/squarepusher" is as stupid as denying there is influence from other stuff as I saw other people talking about it by randomly clicking pages on the thread and actually listening to the music:

Lol Iffy acid edit 1 sounds like a track missing from Odan's 'Charlbury Gardens' Album. Great album, but not too phexy sounding.

Not AFX watmmz.

untitled 97 sounds like wisp to me :S

'Untitled' sounds like wisp to me, too.

steinvord could be a gescom style umbrella project? with multiple artists involved on different tracks. explaining why maelstorm sounds so similar to squarepusher while cyg x-1 just sounds more straight up drum n bass (macc and dogghn? lol).

I realized the Macc and Dhgonn comment was actually spot on since the structures on some of those tracks sound like straight dnb (before Pendulum turned it into what it is nowadays)

I also liked pissflaps posts because i also happen to agree with a lot of things he claims.

Of course, you can think if people defend a position on a similar way both are the same, same as you think if both people use similar breaks and sounds they MUST be the same person.

Steinvord brings up the paranoid on us.

Archived