IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I started watching Hannibal but my wife made me switch it off after the main guy lived with all those dogs because she thought they were all going to die. Does anyone kill a dog in this show? She can handle the human mutilation but don't hurt a wee pup

I started watching Hannibal but my wife made me switch it off after the main guy lived with all those dogs because she thought they were all going to die. Does anyone kill a dog in this show? She can handle the human mutilation but don't hurt a wee pup

No dog deaths at this point. They're the only thing that have not been killed "yet". 2nd season is better than the first.

I'm hooked on Helix right now, making my way thru the first season of that. Dialogue can be a little hamfisted with exposition & tropes but I love that there's some hard sci-fi on TV. Very stylish visually as well.

Watched the first episode of the From Dusk Till Dawn series last night and it was totally badass. I'm definitely on board for this one. The dude who plays the same character as Tarantino in the film is even better in the TV series, imo. Rodriguez has also said he prefers the TV series to the film, so I'm really curious to see where it goes in terms of narrative & quality. (since I enjoy the film but think the 2nd half is kinda retarded and nowhere near as good as the 1st half)

Watched the first episode of the From Dusk Till Dawn series last night and it was totally badass. I'm definitely on board for this one. The dude who plays the same character as Tarantino in the film is even better in the TV series, imo. Rodriguez has also said he prefers the TV series to the film, so I'm really curious to see where it goes in terms of narrative & quality. (since I enjoy the film but think the 2nd half is kinda retarded and nowhere near as good as the 1st half)

Yeah I've seen 3 so far. But I dislike how the guy who plays Seth keeps slipping into a clooney impersonator every now and again. "alright every body be cool... You be cool" Edited by blackdust

No dog deaths at this point. They're the only thing that have not been killed "yet". 2nd season is better than the first.

Haha, so much apparently unintentional tension on the show re whether dogs will or will not be killed. There was cringing chez baph as well.

season 2 is definitely an improvement

so there is literally a From Dusk till Dawn and Fargo series currently running? does that make anyone else besides me genuinely depressed?

it does

Justified season finale was great, trimmed the fat and set up the final & most eagerly anticipated showdown in season 6, Raylan vs Boyd. Walter Goggins is really killing it, wish he got more leading roles and less stock redneck characters.

so there is literally a From Dusk till Dawn and Fargo series currently running? does that make anyone else besides me genuinely depressed?

i actually haven't watched the 'from dusk till dawn' series but i don't mind it because it's robert rodriguez behind it. since he produced and directed the original, i don't really mind him producing (and directing some) of this series. what genuinely made me depressed was this

http://youtu.be/4cGcyA0VV2E

maybe next will be 'the exorcist tv series on fox

Finished True Detective recently, one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Vikings - better than I expected, but I didn't expect a lot.

i actually haven't watched the 'from dusk till dawn' series but i don't mind it because it's robert rodriguez behind it. since he produced and directed the original, i don't really mind him producing (and directing some) of this series. what genuinely made me depressed was this

http://youtu.be/4cGcyA0VV2E

maybe next will be 'the exorcist tv series on fox

ugh

Watching noragami. I find that it's easier with anime now to watch a few première episodes and then when you find a series that you might be interested in, wait till the season is out and grab it then. nwae, that's what i'm watching over the next few days. Nicely animated, quietly paced, good quality production. Not particularly innovative, but i like things to do with fantasy or magic, it doesn't focus on school life and hasn't annoyed me so far.

Fargo - Audi commercials + Billy Bob channeling Anton Chighur + Odenkirk + hammer = Not sure. Liked half of it. thought certain scenarios were ridiculous. It might be the balance between comedy & dark drama that felt uneven. Worth sticking with though. Seems like a grower.

seems weird converting a 90 film that had some of the most perfect pacing ive ever seen into a full season.

It's the same atmosphere & similar character archetypes with a different story set in 2006. They open the show saying it's based on a true story, just character names have been changed not to offend the living? But to your point, kinda odd to dust it off for network tv. I rather enjoyed Billy Bob's scenes. Martin Freeman is pretty much William H. macy's character though. It still has potential imo.

Edited by olo