IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

so the swedish one is actually way worse in every way, bad acting, bad music, bad makeup, very low budget feel, stupid jump scares and the robots basically look like this: Tim-and-Eric-Chrimbus-Special.jpg

sticking with the remake then.

Edited by eugene

ok, watched a few eps of the british one, it's interesting and as a series it's got enough time to play around with many ideas stemming from this topic but tonally and writing wise it's very soapy and got this old fashion tv series feel, none of that high budget cinematic flair of the recent high end american tv hits like got, hannibal or better call saul, and none of the dread and creepiness of black mirror.

gonna try the swedish one next.

yeah I was hoping for something closer to Utopia (Though the quality does go down quite a bit in the second season). I'll still probably watch it to the end of the season.

w4jWWCo.jpg

okay, a couple of cool scenes but the show is starting to loose something mainly because they're felt it necessary to make the main character have some mental disorder coupled with his drug abuse (what's the point when he's already antisocial recluse who wanders around new york looking like a homeless guy?) plus his annoying speech impediment (how long does it take him to utter one sentence?)

what i did like was the more realistic hax0ring. no more idm video montages from hackers. now he's using an http exploit with wget to print the /etc/passwd for his "digital slide show" evidence

Just got up to date with Veep, totally got sucked into it real hard.. love the dynamics between that characters, real funny show this one! Similar to arrested development i thought..

Keen to get into True Detective season 2! Looks good after the 1st episode..

Also been casually watching Inside Amy Shumer which wasnt too bad, got a few laughs in..

Can anyone recommend some lesser known new comedies? Always looking for some new ones

Just got up to date with Veep, totally got sucked into it real hard.. love the dynamics between that characters, real funny show this one! Similar to arrested development i thought..

Keen to get into True Detective season 2! Looks good after the 1st episode..

Also been casually watching Inside Amy Shumer which wasnt too bad, got a few laughs in..

Can anyone recommend some lesser known new comedies? Always looking for some new ones

My gf loves Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, ymmv

My gf loves Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, ymmv

that was alright, basically the same jokes from 30 rock, but with different characters.

it still feels very much like a network TV show with a teensy slight 'edge'. I never really saw shows like 30rock and the whole slew of shows that followed in a similar format to be any better than normal network tv comedy.

it still feels very much like a network TV show with a teensy slight 'edge'. I never really saw shows like 30rock and the whole slew of shows that followed in a similar format to be any better than normal network tv comedy.

nah, that's not fair. 30 rock wasn't your usual paint-by-numbers network sitcom.

New season of Rick and morty is even better than the last

how are u watching it when its not even aired yet?

nah, that's not fair. 30 rock wasn't your usual paint-by-numbers network sitcom.

maybe not paint by numbers, but still more generic networky than shows like Malcom in the Middle which fox was airing decades previous

maybe not paint by numbers, but still more generic networky than shows like Malcom in the Middle which fox was airing decades previous

first two episodes of R+M have leaked.

Malcom in the middle was generic network bulshit, 30 rock was a good bit more subversive, even if it wasn't hugely subversive objectively speaking, I would put it in a different category...

I've tried watching Gotham a couple of times, but it's too fucking stupid, I just can't take it.

Edited by Gocab

first two episodes of R+M have leaked.

Malcom in the middle was generic network bulshit, 30 rock was a good bit more subversive, even if it wasn't hugely subversive objectively speaking, I would put it in a different category...

you really think 30 rock is better than malcom in the middle? i have a hard time with that premise, but fair enough. A lot of people i know love the slew of network TV attempts to be not shitty, i just never got into it. Parks and Recs was especially dismal

I've tried watching Gotham a couple of times, but it's too fucking stupid, I just can't take it.

Yeah I feel the same, 90% on Rotten Tomatoes and it just seems like this low budget cliche cop thriller series with dumb villains.

I liked Daredevil a LOT more, even if it got a tad silly near the end.