IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Picard is still decent, somehow. curious to see how they're going to wrap it up over the next few episodes, the one from last week was sorta calm before inevitable lead up to a conclusion (assuming Picard himself is gonna make the ultimate sacrifice). 

also been watching Star Trek Strange New Worlds and it's surprisingly good. i'd seen that first episode last year or whenever it came out, but now i'm doing the whole season and it's going well. much better than anything with the Star Trek name on it in many years.

in between's been some of the Sarah Silverman show which is amazing in how almost funny it can be without actually getting there 95% of the time, and some Seinfeld. brainlessness.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 5:08 AM, Berk said:
On 1/1/2023 at 10:14 PM, usagi said:

anyone seen The North Water? just found out about it's existence and my interest is piqued.

Want to check it out too. It's got music by Tim Hecker iirc

I saw it and it was good. shades of True Detective s1, in more spare terms. visually excellent. where The Terror looked like a lot of it was filmed on a stage, this was mostly the real deal.

homo homini lupus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ooqpoo said:

Swarm

checked imdb's page to know who the creator of the show is just to find out that it is Donald Glover... scrolled down on his actor roles and apparently there's a Community webisodes season? anybody watched this?

ahhh nvrmnd these are all 5 minutes sketches taken out from the original show if I'm not mistaken...
Edited by cruising for burgers

Like the sound of this The North Water

I'm really struggling with the final season of Banshee, it seems to have ran out of ideas and knows it. And so do I. Season 2 and 3 were great but I need to get it done.

Might check out Happy Valley. A lot of people have told me I should watch it. It's one of those UK tv shows that seems like it's been on for years, and the type of thing I ignore. But it's supposed to be really good. Last time I bothered with one of these shows that everyone went crazy about was Broadchurch and I thought that was absolute horseshit lol. Though I'm not a massive fan of David Tennant.

Edited by beerwolf

3 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

and?

Just two episodes in so far you're average light hearted mid life crisis style comedy deal, but Bob Odenkirk's in it, so basically gotta check it out! 

Swarm surprised me, in a good way. 

Edited by ooqpoo

6 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

checked imdb's page to know who the creator of the show is just to find out that it is Donald Glover... scrolled down on his actor roles and apparently there's a Community webisodes season? anybody watched this?

ahhh nvrmnd these are all 5 minutes sketches taken out from the original show if I'm not mistaken...

Speaking of, I've been re watching community.

Hyped for the movie! Hopefully Dong lover and Ivette Brown join the rest of the cast.

On 3/30/2023 at 4:09 PM, usagi said:

I saw it and it was good. shades of True Detective s1, in more spare terms. visually excellent. where The Terror looked like a lot of it was filmed on a stage, this was mostly the real deal.

homo homini lupus.

Still no way to see it in NL... ? Vpn maybe but cba tbf

46 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

0047F2F9-5E57-4BD2-83EE-DAB593DC143A.jpeg

Probably a better score than the books, though.

Which are awful.

Which I know because I finished them.

Currently watching Cabinet of Curiosities. I slept on this because I feel everything Guillermo Del Toro does is fucking horseshit. A friend recommended it as being good because he doesn’t really write or direct anything, so I watched it. It’s lots of fun. Some episodes are better than others but overall it definitely scratches my itch for horror stuff. I just watched the Panos Cosmatos (Beyond The Black Rainbow / Mandy) one and it was lush as fuuuk. Definitely fits nicely into PC’s oeuvre. Made me stoked to see whatever he is working on next. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I just watched the Panos Cosmatos (Beyond The Black Rainbow / Mandy) one and it was lush as fuuuk. Definitely fits nicely into PC’s oeuvre.

wat, what is this

On 4/4/2023 at 12:55 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Cronenberg’s 1988 film Dead Ringers being made into a streaming series 

I’ve only seen the film once, probably when I was 16 and ever since then I’ve been wondering what the fuck it was all about. In a spooky way. Very confusing strange vibes. I keep meaning to rewatch it, be interesting to see what I make of it all these years later. 

59 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

this was so fucking good. there's a moment in there where he lights the cigarette with OPN going full BOC in the background and I absolutely love it. bought a bunch of philips hue lamps last year and this episode is pure vibes, my room filled with blissful red and gold

Edited by chronical
  • Like 3