IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Anyone watching Barry? It's like all the dark humor and morality mindfuck of Breaking Bad compressed in 8 episodes.

Blew through the first season. Love Bill Hader, nice to see him try out a dramatic role. Also Noho Hank is easily my new favorite side character.

i haven't but now i will, thanks 4 the tip! :thumbsup:

she's gotta have it - spike's lee own remake of his older film for tv. it's really quite striking how skillful and imaginative he is as a director and how deft and light his touch is. great pacing, editing, montages, framing, photography, music and other stylistic choices working in tandem really make for a fun, brisk and engaging watch even if i don't really care for the topic much. other high-end tv outings just look like a fucking chore when compared to this.

watmm administration - please remove the quoted post.

94296.jpg

interesting documentary about a hippie cult that relocates to a small town in oregon from india then slowly begins to take it over- then things begin to get out of control

she's gotta have it - spike's lee own remake of his older film for tv. it's really quite striking how skillful and imaginative he is as a director and how deft and light his touch is. great pacing, editing, montages, framing, photography, music and other stylistic choices working in tandem really make for a fun, brisk and engaging watch even if i don't really care for the topic much. other high-end tv outings just look like a fucking chore when compared to this.

watmm administration - please remove the quoted post.

Why? Changed your mind?

it's just embarrassing. it's kinda like if your liberal black dad just discovered the afro-feminist SJW scene and just wouldn't fucking stop e-mailing you its memes.

i tried the first ep before and ditched it. seemed very tv, kinda very obvious plot-moving writing and this indie-comedy farce that rarely works. but trying it again i thought that it's actually pretty sweet. like a tighter, better conceived take on that thing "the last man on earth" tried to do with its goofy humor and punchline-to-punchline drive.

the realization that nothing is true all of the time is what i take from this experience.

The best thing about Barry is the characterizations, all the actors seemed to have made a big effort to come up with believable and unique personalities, even if they only have a few lines. And yes, Noho Hank is great.

Yep, there was one bit in season one that was really cringey, they were all walking in slow motion while smirking like a bunch of bad asses while some awful shite played in the background, was terrible. All of the flashback stuff had bad music choices too.

^yeah that was fucking awful. The one I hated most was:

After that character had just watched her lover hanged and woke up to find they'd surgically removed her clit.
It was a geniunely unpleasant and disturbing scene, which was then completely ruined by some loud shoutey 'punk' music as she screamed into the camera
In think it was a Jay Reatard track or something lol

I actually thought some of the background ambient soundtrack stuff in Handmaids tale was quite good... agreed that the songs suck tho ...

I gotta say I love watching Serena ... she is always great on screen ... good character

that last episode with focus on serena was probably the first decent episode in the entire show.

probably back to sitting in a bath full of vaj blood in slo-mo with a dreary score in the next one. it's actually a good metaphor for the whole show.

Edited by eugene

The Terror looks up my alley.

just don't ditch it when you meet this guy, it's good regardless:

OIn2ixm.jpg

finished ep 3 now. fucking great use of Lustmord, off my favourite album of his.

The Terror looks up my alley.

just don't ditch it when you meet this guy, it's good regardless:

OIn2ixm.jpg

finished ep 3 now. fucking great use of Lustmord, off my favourite album of his.

uh what kinda fucking rad TV show uses Lustmord?? Adding this to my list

61tGQqtei3L.jpg

wow this is really cheesy but brings back a lot of memories. all those late 80s/early 90s haircuts, one long earring and the 90s dyed jeans- not to mention each episode had an anti-drug (and occasionally) use condoms message behind it because it was the regan era. this should be required viewing for todays teenagers