IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Just caught with Silicon Valley. Still holding up by season 5 but cracks are starting to show - Dinesh is getting too unbalanced and annoying as a character, Bachmann's departure actually left a bigger hole than I expected, and I feel like Hendricks almost went into Breaking Bad full-on evil at times. The loop plots of triumph out of near disaster have stayed fresh but it can only be done so many times before one stops giving a shit. I'm kind of hoping that season 6 onward starts wrapping stuff up. 

Jian Yang is the real star

anigif_sub-buzz-5718-1498434855-4.gif

I must have said "old mane" with his accent 100+ x out loud since I saw it, Jian Yang and to a similar extent Big Head are always a joy on screen even though they really don't do much in terms of actual storyline. I'm not familiar with Berg's stuff Mike Judge has a propensity for these endearing, often one-note oddball characters. KOTH is full of them and he's films always have a handful as well.

they needed a brash, non-nerdy character to balance it out really. bachmann was great.

agree, I think that's why a lot of the new minor characters from season 5 feel a bit flat

Alec Berg is behind Barry too, and that show is full of those characters, and a big reason why it was so great (he also wrote for Seinfeld and directed some Curb episodes). Jared deserves some love too, I liked his hate boner for Richard's new assistant. I agree with you on Dinesh too, he became more annoying than funny in the last season.

Alec Berg is behind Barry too, and that show is full of those characters, and a big reason why it was so great (he also wrote for Seinfeld and directed some Curb episodes). Jared deserves some love too, I liked his hate boner for Richard's new assistant. I agree with you on Dinesh too, he became more annoying than funny in the last season.

Ah yes this makes sense. NOHO HANK! 

Jared is still the most interesting and absurd character. 

Had to give up on legion s2, by episode 4 I had no idea what was going on and wasn't really enjoying the ride.

It all comes together in the end. But, I enjoyed season 1 more. If it makes it past season three, I'd be quite shocked.

Mark Kermode's Secrets of Cinema is on tonight 9pm BBC4, covering the heist genre.

Mark Kermode continues his fresh and very personal look at the art of cinema by examining the techniques and conventions behind classic film genres, uncovering the ingredients that keep audiences coming back for more.

Clips

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06fkrtt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06fkrv3

51NCKef73zL.jpg

classic piece of 80s sci-fi animation right here. sort of a mixture of return to the planet of the apes and conan

castle_rock_xxlg-300x444.jpg

plodding attempt to merge a bunch of stephen king myths into an anthology series that takes place in the fictional town of castle rock. one problem- it's boring as hell and the scenario that's supposed to set up the entire mystery feels a little contrived.

Holy fuck the first episode of orange is the new black s6 is probably one of the worst things I've ever seen. I turned to my girlfriend halfway through, said "I can't do this", and she agreed. It's become a pantomime.

Enjoying Barry though, thanks for the watmm recommendation

Handmaid's Tale S2

Blessed day

I enjoyed it immensely. The ending was frustrating though.

Yeah I should have known it'd be shit after the boring mess of s5.. but decided to give it a try anyway.

It's funny that Wentworth (basically, an Australian women's prison drama that is like a cross between OITNB and the 80s Australian show Prisoner) has surpassed it in quality. Worth a watch if anyone's interested in modern Australian TV.

Season 3 of Preacher has been a real slog so far. I never liked Jesse, but he is becoming insufferable. Sadly, Tulip is becoming the same. Just really annoyed viewing at this point. Pick it up guys.