IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Right now Amazon's Jack Ryan. Got to the end of Future Man (at times funny, but mostly not) before that. Loved Witcher S3, Warrior is watchable, The Righteous Gemstones S3 is awesome, watched The idol S1E1 and will watch more, but on the fence. ST:Strange New Words S2 is better than I expected, remains to be seen if I can get through Rabbit/Hole S1. Will start Full Circle. Secret Invasion, meh.

Edited by dcom

5 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

That last episode of What We Do In The Shadows was hilarious. So many genuine lols. 
spacer.png

I thought I'd hate this show when my girlfriend made me watch it but ended up absolutely loving it.

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

i've seen the first two or three episode of ST: SNW and it's pretty good. that Lotus Eaters one wasn't particularly special but if that's as weak of an episode as we get this season i'll be v happy.

watched some Reno 911 (older, s6 from like 2009 or something) and it was mostly still funny. i think the first few seasons were the best, will be jumping backwards on it

watching some Rocko's Modern Life because why the fuck not, always loved that show and it's still pretty funny shit. Paramount+ only has 4 seasons...was that all they did? seemed like it was on for longer than that

i watched all of Uncoupled over the last week or two and it ended up in a good place tho it started a bit weak/disjointed for a few episodes, like most sitcom-type shows. it's trying to be a bit on the raunchy tip, i assume that's what Sex and the City was like but i never watched any of it. acting was mostly good but not as funny as i was hoping for.

Paramount/Showtime don't seem to have a hell of a lot in the way of TV shows going on. heard some here and elsewhere talking about Yellowjackets being good for S1 at least so i may give it a shot, idk.

Since Fargo movie and S01/02, Breaking Bad and The Expanse, also GoT, everything else only was OK at best. Especially BB, it's still a miracle how they were able to increase tension and excitement over 5 seasons. Still haven't watched final Saul season. It was OK-ish. Start was too terribly slow and artsy for me. 

Will always LMAO over BB Jesse's "Ah... Wire!" quote. 

I just feel, they need to produce fast today, and they produce working their way through checkboxes.

And I hate stupid riser sfx. It's all so stupid.

Now... SAY MY NAME

Edited by WurstPLUS

6 hours ago, WurstPLUS said:

And I hate stupid riser sfx. It's all so stupid.

In that  case you (and anyone who is similarly afflicted) should steer clear of Tour de France: Unchained. It's quite sensationalistic in general (basking in the glory of accidents and overexaggerated rivalries) and features more assholes than a proctologist sees in a month (come to think of it, they seem to to be abundant in most sports, though mainly on the managerial side) -- and yet I still enjoyed it. It's an interesting look behind the scenes, and you get quite close to the riders. The first season revolves around last year's tour with more seasons to follow yearly, at least that seems to be the plan.

I don't know that it's quite as involving as that Chicago Bulls doc from a couple of years ago, but it can probably hold its own against the recent Formula 1 thingee (dunno, I'm not into motor sports where the asshole factor seems to loom especially large).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, auxien said:

watched some Reno 911 (older, s6 from like 2009 or something) and it was mostly still funny. i think the first few seasons were the best, will be jumping backwards on it

watch jury duty as well, it has a similar vibe...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

9 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Midnight tonight

poster.jpg

I pressed play with a trembling press-play-finger, fully expecting they'd botch it (reboots are generally shit, plus I wasn't a huge fan of Disenchanted) but I actually really enjoyed it. So good to see everyone back, and it had a couple of genuine laugh-out-loud moments for me. Gag density was quite high, some nice easter eggs (enjoyed seeing the Hellraiser box, for example) and tonally true to the old episodes. Good job! Now if someone could please fix The Simpsons ... Thx!

• Like 1

Finished up Breaking Bad. Pretty faultless 10/10 from me. If I was to aim any criticism at it, I'd say I miss the great humour and lols from the first couple of seasons. Everything gets darker and more serious, which makes sense, because that is exactly what would happen. See why Saul is so essential to the show because he does bring some humour in the later stages (and I guess Mike is kinda grumpy funny at times). Tempted to do BCS again, but it was only a recent watch,  I think not enough time has elapsed.

I keep hearing good things about We Own This City...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, beerwolf said:

I keep hearing good things about We Own This City...

if you liked the wire, then check it out. it's set in a similar world as that one. really good acting... but now I think about it, I can't really remember enough about the whole plot. it is one of those shows you can binge watch in 2 nights, and then you've forgotten about it like a month later. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2023 at 5:10 PM, zero said:

if you liked the wire, then check it out. it's set in a similar world as that one. really good acting... but now I think about it, I can't really remember enough about the whole plot. it is one of those shows you can binge watch in 2 nights, and then you've forgotten about it like a month later. 

It was a good show, if you like The Wire I'd recommend his older show The Corner, similar premise to the Wire 

But lower budget and so a much narrower cast of characters, it's focus is the corner slingers and their dealings with the cops and The Wire covered more scope, the media, education, local government etc.

It's a great show, loads of actors who went on to star in The Wire. It starts off slow and has an odd intro almost documentary style, give it 2 episodes and you will be hooked

Just watched the new fist episode of the Futurama relaunch and while it felt very much like the futurama I remember it was utterly boring. Maybe I have just outgrown it

Edited by o00o
  • Sad 1