IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Posted (edited)

I'm still to finish season 3, but I love that goofy show as well. There's just something about it I can't resist.

Probably Katja.

Edit: I watched Acolyte, this was some dumb bullshit. Ok, episode 2 done. It's like a murder mystery made for 11 year olds or something? With Jedis? Who tf would want to watch this?

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 2

Eizouken_ni_wa_Te_o_Dasu_na!_volume_1_cover.png.8196958a8bfd162ff9da3808c944699d.png

From the brilliant mind of Masaaki Yuasa, Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! is a love letter to animation, wildly creative in its approach, and a testament to the potential of the medium… basically an anime show made for animation geeks…

3 girls, an introverted set designer who ends up being a director, one amateur model who wants to be character designer and one cynical producer who sees an opportunity for profit everywhere start an anime club… great character study, lots of comic relief and a extremely original storytelling makes this one of my favorite anime shows…

might seem pretty childish and naive at the beginning but as soon as it fires up it's truly fantastic…

Science Saru stamp is all over it…

Highly recommend it for anime fans (as they call it in western countries) or simply animation (as they call it in Japan)... trying to avoid gatekeeper's terms cause I don't wanna go trough all that anime or not discussion again… I'm european so I call it anime…

Watch this fucking show ASAP if your into anime... or even if you like Tom & Jerry... :duckhunt:

• Like 5

On 6/5/2024 at 11:15 AM, Silent Member said:

Edit: I watched Acolyte, this was some dumb bullshit. Ok, episode 2 done. It's like a murder mystery made for 11 year olds or something? With Jedis? Who tf would want to watch this?

started watching this last night. i have no idea what that opening monologue meant (100 years before the empire?) but i really love how some of the "aliens" are just people with paint and some random prosthetics 

daed6d7d7c0930c4856ee3bbbdd859bb

like this girl. can anyone determine why a species would evolve to look like this? what is that orange band across her eyes? 

• Farnsworth 1

On 6/7/2024 at 12:49 PM, Nebraska said:

started watching this last night. i have no idea what that opening monologue meant (100 years before the empire?) but i really love how some of the "aliens" are just people with paint and some random prosthetics 

like this girl. can anyone determine why a species would evolve to look like this? what is that orange band across her eyes? 

The green lady seems to be some kind of important character but I’ve only read one of the High Republic mangas, and a few episodes of that kiddie cartoon on Disney+ which had Yoda in it immediately, who knows if we’ll see him in this series. 

• Haha 1

On 6/7/2024 at 9:49 AM, Nebraska said:

what is that orange band across her eyes? 

Fuckability stripes. A signal to potential mates how “up for it” one might be.  It was the style at the time. 

Any of you watched Sweet Tooth? I'm looking after my niece today and doing a bbq for us, its a little cool outside and in the meantime she's watching the third season of this. Looks good.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 3:43 PM, ignatius said:

Fuckability stripes. A signal to potential mates how “up for it” one might be.  It was the style at the time. 

she's giving me jojo siwa vibes (especially with those stripes). would not

6bf33528d65c11d6db6cf45c400e5f62?impolic

On 6/7/2024 at 9:49 AM, Nebraska said:

Apparently she’s one of these?
image.jpeg.39159f1b14b063684ab70c66ab0335a8.jpeg

Which I guess was in the Ultra-Lucased Special version of ROTJ?

Star Wars has always been pretty silly. 

Currently watching Very Scary People (hosted by Donnie “Hangin’ Tough” Wahlberg). Pretty formulaic true crime series profiling history’s most notorious murderers with brief introductions from my main man Donnie D. The series is cheesy at times but overall fairly well put together. My main gripe was that Donnie’s studio set in the first 8 episodes or so looked like a fun fair haunted house. 

spacer.png

It was also dreadfully over-lit and shot with a not so great camera/lens in deep focus, in order to accommodate the camera whooshing in to Donnie as he emerges from a corner and proceeds to walk & talk. The whole thing felt very cheap. 

For the last few episodes I’ve seen, they must have gotten a similar note that it wasn’t working and they replaced the set/lighting and are now shooting with a shallower depth of field.

spacer.png

Major improvement. 

The show features lots of interviews with victim’s families, law enforcement, various exports etc. Regular contributor, criminologist Casey Jordan is a bit over the top… and always wearing red. 
spacer.png

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 7:49 PM, Nebraska said:

Screenshot_20240615-232212_Adblock Browser~2.jpg

• Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 1

I'm on the nordic trip again. I love the old shows and mood. Kurt Wallander with Krister Henriksson, I admired him. And now I watch The Bridge (Bron/Broen) again:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_(2011_TV_series)

Saga Norén, I often LMAO. Her social skills can be compared with those of the average WATMM basement hermit. I love both actors for this show. Also, in S01, there's her friend/father figure Hans, it's just sooooo heartwarming. Picture has her police mate Martin, who is often wondering about her behaviour. In a funny way.

I watched this expecting nothing, and it was such a great surprise. Best things come as a surprise.

o-THE-BRIDGE-facebook.jpg

Edited by WurstPLUS

2 hours ago, WurstPLUS said:

I'm on the nordic trip again. I love the old shows and mood. Kurt Wallander with Krister Henriksson, I admired him. And now I watch The Bridge (Bron/Broen) again:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_(2011_TV_series)

Saga Norén, I often LMAO. Her social skills can be compared with those of the average WATMM basement hermit. I love both actors for this show. Also, in S01, there's her friend/father figure Hans, it's just sooooo heartwarming. Picture has her police mate Martin, who is often wondering about her behaviour. In a funny way.

I watched this expecting nothing, and it was such a great surprise. Best things come as a surprise.

o-THE-BRIDGE-facebook.jpg

Will check that out, I'm a sucker for Nordic detective shows. I think i just like how their languages sound.

On 6/15/2024 at 10:42 PM, YEK said:

New season of Alone just started. 

I just watched the first episode of this new season and at the end it just had a huge segment of all the best parts I'm about to see this season. Well I guess I don't need to watch anymore!  You just showed me everything I wanted to see.

This is probably my biggest pet peeve with reality television.  That and massive recaps of the last episodes.   The first 5 minutes of every Alone episode can just skip.

House of the Dragon season 2 episode 1. People who didn’t enjoy what happened to Daenerys in GOT are going to hate seeing the Dance of Dragons.

In other Westerosi news the Tales of Dunc and Egg short stories will also be coming to HBO. That will be much more light hearted and without all the political intrigue, etc. 

On 2/17/2024 at 4:40 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Resident Alien seems to have completely lost its charm and sense of humor. The show runner must have changed, it’s plodding and bland now. 

dude, what do u mean?  I'm lolling more than ever with this show 😂 didn't even felt the difference between the last season, which happens quite often...

Watching The Night Of (hbo max, 2016). Man this is unexpectedly fucking good. Really great atmosphere and music. NY cynicism/sarcasm. Great camera work and visuals. Recommend.