IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

House of Cards Season 3 = 3/10. Frank Underwood a former dog killer and fuck buddy murderer (via train) becomes president and starts getting cold feet about killing children in drone strikes, his wife (who threatened to kill a woman's unborn child) express genuine moral outrage over the killing of a gay dissident. Most unbelievable shit they could have possibly done. I kinda knew American writers wouldn't have the humongous balls required to write a show where the sitting president of the united states is still a sociopathic cold blooded, false flag staging murderer, but still a giant missed opportunity. Show shit the bed forever. Viva X-files era cynicism, down with Cold war 2.0 House of milquetoast

Edited by John Ehrlichman

House of Cards Season 3 = 3/10. Frank Underwood a former dog killer and fuck buddy murderer (via train) becomes president and starts getting cold feet about killing children in drone strikes, his wife (who threatened to kill a woman's unborn child) express genuine moral outrage over the killing of a gay dissident. Most unbelievable shit they could have possibly done. I kinda knew American writers wouldn't have the humongous balls required to write a show where the sitting president of the united states is still a sociopathic cold blooded, false flag staging murderer, but still a giant missed opportunity. Show shit the bed forever. Viva X-files era cynicism, down with Cold war 2.0 House of milquetoast

goddamn why do you have to be so fucking dense in regards to every possible issue?

it doesn't take anything to write the show as idiotic as you propose. people are complex, one may take pity on some cute wounded kitten and take it to the vet but all the while consuming meat that causes immense suffering to other animals. underwoods are ruthless towards what they perceive as their enemies but they are not completely inhuman and not without their own virtues and values.

it's like every fucking media product has to be some dramatization of "breaking the set" for you.

Guest kymppinetti

Hannibal was great, loved the ending. Or I thought it was the ending... As I looked into IMDb, it says there will be a 3rd season. What the hell, how can it continue from that?!

goddamn why do you have to be so fucking dense in regards to every possible issue?

it doesn't take anything to write the show as idiotic as you propose. people are complex, one may take pity on some cute wounded kitten and take it to the vet but all the while consuming meat that causes immense suffering to other animals. underwoods are ruthless towards what they perceive as their enemies but they are not completely inhuman and not without their own virtues and values.

it's like every fucking media product has to be some dramatization of "breaking the set" for you.

are you saying you actually liked them turning Frank Underwood from a sociopathic murderer who threw his fuck buddy into a moving train to a much nicer dude? Eugene, did you even watch it? id be surprised if you were even ok with the extremely generic politics at play in the new season, they seem even too milquetoast and paint by numbers for someone with the over the top apologist political disposition you have.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

what nicer dude? he's still a president who killed his fuck buddy and will kill again when needed. follow the development of the characters not your projections.

you know absolutely nothing about my political positions so don't even start with it.

Hannibal was great, loved the ending. Or I thought it was the ending... As I looked into IMDb, it says there will be a 3rd season. What the hell, how can it continue from that?!

it can & will.

[youtubehd]9kN7fhWnhdM[/youtubehd]

Always Sunny in Phili / Man Seeking Woman - Disappointing season finales. maybe chuckled twice.

Last Man on Earth - Cringe-worthy episode, but there's something I enjoy about this show.

Bloodline for next week's downtime,,,,, read mixed reviews

Armando Ianucci (sp?) has a new arts show on the BBC that was really good last night (Friday night pipe/vape 'n' slippers in full effect). Not exactly telly drama, but worth a watch. Kate Tempest's enthusiasm for life & her work was refreshing & made me think impure thoughts, which was nice

Guest bitroast

oh sweet. i haven't seen ANY of Archer Vice, pretty sure there might be some episodes in prior season i haven't finished yet either.. got a lot of catching up to do. is it worth skipping vice?? i feel obliged to watch it anyway cos ukno..

Trudging through Hannibal season 1 now. The cinematography is by the numbers (black and white flashback scene, really?), the dialog is mostly self-congratulatory and wooden, and the actors' performances are so consistently two-dimensional (was Lawrence Fishburne always this bad?) I feel like the director is at fault. It's all a little too slick, tidy, snappy and predictable. It doesn't afford any breathing room for moments of poetry, it's all whiz-bang, keep the plot rolling. In spite of all that, I'm enjoying it. Posts earlier in the thread seem to indicate that it gets better and there's something really addictive about it so I'll stick with it.

I'm probably just being too hard on every other show after wrapping up The Wire a month ago. Someone said this was originally broadcast on NBC? Pretty impressive, considering.

Man Seeking Woman - Last episode where he becomes conjoined with his girlfriend had me crying during the Bro-Kennel sequence.

I binge-watched every episode last weekend. I didn't find myself laughing out loud much but I like almost everything about it.

Trudging through Hannibal season 1 now. The cinematography is by the numbers (black and white flashback scene, really?), the dialog is mostly self-congratulatory and wooden, and the actors' performances are so consistently two-dimensional (was Lawrence Fishburne always this bad?) I feel like the director is at fault. It's all a little too slick, tidy, snappy and predictable. It doesn't afford any breathing room for moments of poetry, it's all whiz-bang, keep the plot rolling. In spite of all that, I'm enjoying it. Posts earlier in the thread seem to indicate that it gets better and there's something really addictive about it so I'll stick with it.

I'm probably just being too hard on every other show after wrapping up The Wire a month ago. Someone said this was originally broadcast on NBC? Pretty impressive, considering.

Season 2 is where it's at. Felt the same way about season 1. I would've not kept watching, but there's nothing on the tube on Friday nights, so I came back for season 2. It's a far better season. Not a serial killer of the week like season 1. At least I think so...it's been awhile. Pretty lush actually if I were to use one word to describe.

Man Seeking Woman - Last episode where he becomes conjoined with his girlfriend had me crying during the Bro-Kennel sequence.

I binge-watched every episode last weekend. I didn't find myself laughing out loud much but I like almost everything about it.

Kinda with you. Not an lol-esque show. I appreciate the strangeness. Bro-Kennel had me crying though. 'Nother shout out to the horror-esque dinner party with his sister earlier in the season.