IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

he is going to release quite sometime after boc as steve beckett said in 2009. so as the boc LP has been released and he stopped touring now the planets start to align.

Yep. It's going to happen. I feel an EP first in about 6 months from now.. maybe a single 3 months later... then an album (with completely different tracks from the EP) a year after that. ....

Then, he'll be back on the grind, and will start releasing all new AFX material like it's 1993.

Just watch. He was just going through a difficult relationship and was waiting for the divorce to happen. it was sucking the life out of him, but now he'll be able to get back to business. He's fucking rdj. HE PUTS OUT MUSIC. that's what he does. Just watch. Trust me.

there'll be videos too.

collectors edition with bonus tracks.. japanese, australian and all...

lush artwork..

new themes... new aphex twin.

I really hope you're right, but this has probably been the longest period we've gone without new studio music to my knowledge, about 8 years since Analord 10.

If it's not released under the Aphex Twin name, then it's not Aphex Twin - it's not from the same universe.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he is going to release quite sometime after boc as steve beckett said in 2009. so as the boc LP has been released and he stopped touring now the planets start to align.

Yep. It's going to happen. I feel an EP first in about 6 months from now.. maybe a single 3 months later... then an album (with completely different tracks from the EP) a year after that. ....

Then, he'll be back on the grind, and will start releasing all new AFX material like it's 1993.

Just watch. He was just going through a difficult relationship and was waiting for the divorce to happen. it was sucking the life out of him, but now he'll be able to get back to business. He's fucking rdj. HE PUTS OUT MUSIC. that's what he does. Just watch. Trust me.

there'll be videos too.

collectors edition with bonus tracks.. japanese, australian and all...

lush artwork..

new themes... new aphex twin.

I really hope you're right, but this has probably been the longest period we've gone without new studio music to my knowledge, about 8 years since Analord 10.

If it's not released under the Aphex Twin name, then it's not Aphex Twin - it's not from the same universe.

True, it has been a while.

About that second point, I agree to an extent.. For example, I don't consider The Tuss, Steinvord, and all of the other "assumed-it's-rdj" artist names putting out stuff via reflex, official enough to be considered from the same universe. However, if he ever released again under AFX, Polygon Window, Bradley Strider, GAK, or fuck even that Tanniya Russel or however you spell it, or any of his previous aliases- OR if he released something via an entirely different/new alias, but either claimed the name or made it easy to find out that it was indeed him--then for me, it would become official.... I still haven't even really listened to The Tuss with "ears hearing" rdj, (like when you know you're hearing something by a certain artist, it changes your perspective/how you feel about it/how you groove to it). I'm actually not so crazy over the tuss record anyway, so im actually glad it was never an official rdj-claimed release, even if that's the case.

Guest skibby

it gets old using the same name for ever. i might have said it before, but the aphex twin branding is useful in order to generate a crowd for a live show, but i mean, he probably doesn't go around introducing himself as aphex twin anymore right?

and yeah, he never stopped making music and sneaking them out there for his appreciative fanatics, as i understand. there just doesnt seem to be a reason to make some sort of new aphex twin album per se. random people would just be say "oh isnt that some old band from the 90s?" or fans who stopped listening after drukqs would be like "oh cool, a new aphex twin record" and then they would invariably be disappointed since they'll just compare new vs old, and they are just completely different styles i reckon.

making a new aphex twin album would be like any band who hasn't released an album in a long time, releasing an album.

one thing that would work i think would be to release high quality desk mixes mixed with crowd ambience a la "minimum maximum" by kraftwerk.

/myopinion

i spoke to him recently and he said he was about to release something on rephlex.

for real??

photo-3732.png?_r=1375544610

Is that The Aphex Twin meets the clown from It?

ooohhhhh.. How awesome would it be if Stephen King and Aphex Twin collaborated?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

• 2 months later...

windowlicker in gta 5, a track with die antwoord and 2 hype posts on factmagazine a week ago

is the new brostep album of afx finally coming out?

Feat. Skrillex and Deadmau5. Guest vocals from ke$ha and kanye.

i spoke to him recently and he said he was about to release something on rephlex.

JmrslrR.jpg

if that would be the cover of a new aphex album I think I would be happy with it

Guest Rulohead32

windowlicker in gta 5, a track with die antwoord and 2 hype posts on factmagazine a week ago

is the new brostep album of afx finally coming out?

Feat. Skrillex and Deadmau5. Guest vocals from ke$ha and kanye.

Well, at least ke$ha will have some success than with her latest album.

(sent from my not-Apple device using Talk That Talk Deluxe Edition)

yes we are entitled

we gave him so much money

now he shits on us

the least we're entitled to do is gossip about the facts

what will bring him back is one thing

when someone better than him comes about

then everyone says 'holy shit this 19 year old kids is better than aphex'

thats when aphex will come back

it's a rocky/boxing film situation

100% proven facts undeniable

yes we are entitled

now he shits on us

well that's already happened with skrillex, hasn't it?

Guest Rulohead32

yes we are entitled

now he shits on us

well that's already happened with skrillex, hasn't it?

it actually seems a song lyric.

Archived