IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love it if "New Release Speculation Based on Facts We Have" turned out to be the name of Aphex Twin's upcoming release lol

LOLOLOL Just saw this. Hilarious.

I heard he had a few releases in 2013, but no one knew about them.

i doubt that

doubt.jpg

He "released" them only to himself, b/c he wanted to keep this thread going for another few years

^no idea what that picture is, but I just realized how spoiled people were in the 90s by his release frequency. Just thinking about it ... SAW2, I Care Because You Do, RDJ Album - each represents such a big leap forward, and they were all released with merely a one year (!!!) gap in between. Then he took quite a while before releasing Drukqs (but still not too long compared to BoC standards...), also the singles and EPs in between ...

So if there's any truth to him producing stuff in private and not releasing, it's hard to imagine where he might have ended up. Perhaps he's already produced literary the most mindmelting shit out there years ago. But somehow I feel he hit a dead point and didn't really do much altogether. I wish I knew for sure though.

Yeah I'm back on the hype train I guess.

^no idea what that picture is, but I just realized how spoiled people were in the 90s by his release frequency. Just thinking about it ... SAW2, I Care Because You Do, RDJ Album - each represents such a big leap forward, and they were all released with merely a one year (!!!) gap in between. Then he took quite a while before releasing Drukqs (but still not too long compared to BoC standards...), also the singles and EPs in between ...

So if there's any truth to him producing stuff in private and not releasing, it's hard to imagine where he might have ended up. Perhaps he's already produced literary the most mindmelting shit out there years ago. But somehow I feel he hit a dead point and didn't really do much altogether. I wish I knew for sure though.

Yeah I'm back on the hype train I guess.

that picture is from EDM B2. kind of looks like richard.

him doing collaborations and using secrecy seems likely. didn't monolith say he only partially made photodementia? didn't jodey say he only did a third of the edm stuff? both of those projects have songs that make me wonder "which afx track is this" when they come up in a shuffle.

Archived