IGNORED

Quentin Tarantino - Django Unchained

Redruth

we're assuming here that somehow QT's new style has potential for vulgarity and a lot of swearing. I can't remember him really dropping tons of fbombs in his movies since Jackie Brown. His new movies at leas to me, seem very tame in comparison minus a few really good scenes in Kill Bill (coma fucking scene for one)

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gary C

Death Proof was pretty dark and gory in the first half... and if I remember correctly there's a whole lot of swearing during the final stunt.

yeah seriously what is the deal with Django being thrown around in everything?

I'm still trying to figure out why I just named my kid Django.

Guest Backson

Hype boner is the hypest.

Will it out Django Sukiyaki Western Django though..?

Oh yeah, I forgot I'd seen that film....

But let's stop pretending for even a minute that this movie won't entertain the living shit out of everyone. Because it can, and it will.

Death Proof was pretty dark and gory in the first half... and if I remember correctly there's a whole lot of swearing during the final stunt.

All the vanishing point forced dialogue literally made the memory of the movie vanish in my mind

• 1 month later...

Tarantino trailers always suck, his films don't translate well to them because what he is great at is unfolding a scene over long periods of dialogue.

edit: I haven't seen the trailer btw... not gonna watch it. Theres no point. Definitely will see anything with Tarantino directing/writing.

I thought it looked ok. And i've disliked everything tarantino has done since Pulp Fiction. I didn't watch that nazi hunters one though, but i'm sure it would have pissed me off. That knowing we're cool at making movies stylistic thing, gets in the way of the film for me. It infects the acting and everything else in the picture.

Anyway, if this one moves along, looks nice and isn't too try hard, it might be ok.

The way Tarantino so nonchalantly rewrites history and ignores the notion of film being subservient to reality or anything else is the reason I love Basterds so much, not to mention that scene in the theater which is probably the greatest statement about film he's put on screen yet.

Definitely agree with this quote, though Basterds did have some problems with pacing and consistency I thought also. But the highs were some of his strongest yet. Pulp Fiction is a bit overrated I think.

Yup. I loved Pulp Fiction but never really cared for any of his other work (yup, thats right, I didn't like Reservoir Dogs, suck my balls) but Inglorious Basterds was fantastic. So Im lookin forward to this one.

hrm maybe i should check out that nazi pic. then. At least give it 20 minutes.

don't go into it expecting a masterpiece. I went into it thinking it would be shit. And what I got was a good time at the theater..

all the bits without Brad Pitt were good.

wtf? He had some of the best lines in the movie!

"Nah, I'll just get chewed out. I been chewed out before."

C'mon, how did you not love that line?

Archived