IGNORED

Soulseek

zlemflolia

Did Soulseek die? (I used it for sharing my own music with friends and music my friends made)

I can't find anyone at all in any of the chat rooms. Normally when I created my own that problem would stop but I can't find anyone at all, and VERY few search results for even terms that used to have huge results, like "Autechre" or "Pink Floyd"

Is it just my computer or has the slsk community went away?

you might need to update to the latest version of Soulseek. There was a version released a while back that pretty much split everyone off, due to server changes or something.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Haven't used Soulseek in so long. Thanks for the reminder, I need to start using it again.

Might be another of those server changes. I haven't used slsk since '06 though. So don't take my word for it.

edit: like osc said.

LOL, SoulSeek - the rest of the world has embraced our esoteric music tastes and now stuff that was the exclusive domain of SLSK is now easy to find if you're inclined to do so.

Dead tech from a dead era.

Guest ruiagnelo

I still find a lot of old music in soulseek that private trackers like what.cd or blogs never saw. But i can understand how outdated it is

I still find a lot of old music in soulseek that private trackers like what.cd or blogs never saw. But i can understand how outdated it is

+1

Guest CraniumXII

I can still find everything on soulseek, and love that it's so easy to filter through albums by quality. It might be old, but still works well for me!

Try an update... I haven't had any issues :/

+ releases that sometimes appear few days before they leak to what.cd and other music trackers :)

I <3 slsk

Still use it regularly and it serves my needs beautifully. A plenty large userbase that has, if anything, actually increased in recent years. There's yet to be anything I've been looking for that I couldn't find on it.

I understand people's preference for torrents and trackers (particularly if you're also into movies, games, pr0n...), but for music soulseek is the bee's knees, at least for me.

The WATMM room is pretty dead though (except for omnipresence of he-who-shall-not-be-named).

What does everyone use instead? I'm happy with it, but I'm just curious. Most of the stuff I'm looking for ( "underground" EDM and EAI/avant garde musics) usually can't be found on public trackers and figuring out how to get an invite to private ones seems like a hassle compared to just doing a search in good ol slsk.

Being on a private tracker has definitely made my Slsk time shrink. I am not longer that invested to trudge through all the most obscure stuff so I rarely log on anymore. But it was my main tool to get them IDMz in the early noughties before private trackers took off.

I still find awesome new stuff on there, so it is not dead. It is back to its original elitist coolness status. Yay!

I remember that time well. I used it also a long time and even wrote reviews for stuff I uploaded myself (mostly vinyl stuff and things you got nowhere else). One of my rips even found the way on blogspots today (I shared my vinyl rip from Column One's LP "Der Fluss In Der Truhe") and it remembers me well to these days. I had some nice chats there (until midnight and over) and got close to some very very nice people sharing incredible drone stuff.

Yes, SLSK was a great time. I tried it once more a few months ago but had the same problem to found things as stated at the begin of the thread.

I use soulseeX for OS X, and it's a bit buggy, but I don't really use BT anymore.

I haven't downloaded anything for months, though.

There was one canadian user on there that had thousands of disco albums up. It was so overwhelming that i just grabbed a couple of things and left. Now in the days of youtube. Maybe i might have known what to grab.

(dlee-sclaimer - for the purposes of previewing before i went and a sought it out through legitimate means, unless it wasn't being pressed anymore in which would have been 99.9% of that guy's folders)

Archived