IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

Us English watmm lads should all meet up at the British Beer Festival at Olympia London. Drink ridiculous amounts of beer and talk about music all day. Could be a good mission.

Edited by beerwolf

Yeah I do plenty of beer festivals too, seems so popular nowadays,10/15 years ago they were few and far between. Only been to Olympia once before but it was a good day out.

I'll put up a new thread a bit later and put the word out. Find out what day is best for everyone and start from there.

It just tastes very strongly of wood chips and smoke -- it's a bit overpowering and somehow artificial tasting, but that's what I expected! I love smoky beers, so I'm all for it, even if it's coarse.

edit: in re voodoo

Edited by encey

Glorious glorious IPA...

lYDSBzE.jpg

had this last night, love it. killer deal for $6 a bottle.

It's incredible! I've read online the %ABV varies. My bottles were 10.4%, apparently some are 8.5% and some are 9.1% ? All the same label other than that.

One of my favorite

It just tastes very strongly of wood chips and smoke -- it's a bit overpowering and somehow artificial tasting, but that's what I expected! I love smoky beers, so I'm all for it, even if it's coarse.

edit: in re voodoo

Hmm, perhaps I'll pass I was hoping maybe it had a stronger maple aspect to it... woodchips though? no thanks

y'know, like a barbecue. It's sweet too, but that is just the fat ass end of a very woody, smoky dickslap in the tastebuds

Guest uptown devil

:crazy:

the parabola is supposed to be released today, i am going to swing by small batch and see if they have it in. i fear the price tag though.

It's #1 on my to-try list. The fact that it's 13 is only going to make it more amazing than I'm anticipating... hope my expectations aren't too high... god if FW come out with a coffee brew I'm going to drive to the store, pour an entire case on my head, then drive home backwards with my butt hanging out the window.

Guest uptown devil

i bet this one will have some serious coffee notes going on. i wish this beer had been released like 3 days ago when it was snowing balls and all i wanted was an imperial stout.

I enjoyed the Blvd Coffee Ale. Picked up a few bottles.

Re: Deschutes

I went to a tap takeover on Wednesday. Finally got to try The Abyss. Very nice Imperial Stout brewed w/ molasses and licorice. Also had the Armory XPA which was good as well. I agree that they're quality all around.

I recently picked up a bottle of their Class of '88 Barleywine and a couple bottles of a collaboration called Collage they did with Hair of the Dog. The latter is a blend of two beers from each brewery, some sours, aged in various barrels, and it actually has a best after date on the bottle instead of best before. I'm looking forward to trying it at the end of the month!

Edited by hautlle

Guest uptown devil

wow nice, I can't seem to find anything but the hop henge and their sixers around here.

had this guy last night in place of the FW parabola since it hasn't come in yet:

NrLNVPl.jpg

damn tasty, would drink again.

Edited by uptown devil

Glorious glorious IPA...

lYDSBzE.jpg

had this last night, love it. killer deal for $6 a bottle.

It's incredible! I've read online the %ABV varies. My bottles were 10.4%, apparently some are 8.5% and some are 9.1% ? All the same label other than that.

One of my favorite

Got myself one of these at the grocery store, looking forward to tappin' dat ale!