IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

eD6EszT.jpg

pretty much tastes like really sweet wine. this one was purchased by the girlfriend swearing "it's the only beer i like" then not drinking it. this is the raspberry flavor and is pretty much liquorice in liquid form with a very thing head

• 1 month later...

Founder's porter is good stuff, the Breakfast Stout is awesome as well...

This shit right here was fucking delicious... and the bottle is pretty badass I saved it on a shelf. 2013 Surly Darkness
575757_10151802878401089_1596044463_n.jp

NBA_Cabbie_Straight-300x225.jpg

newcastle cabbie: newcastle doing a darker (read as black) ale. kinda like really light liquorice but not as sweet and pretty much like the regular dog.

does it's job so no complaints over here

• 1 month later...

I need to go pick up some beers tomorrow... I'll report back with whatever I end up buying, the shop I go to always has some decent seasonals.

• 2 weeks later...

had some norweigan smoked ale yesterday that was brilliant, from haandbryggeriat.

can't find a picture of it to post, but if you ever see anything by that brewery you MUST try it. Especially Odins Tipple if you like stouts.

Stopped by the Central Waters brewery on the way to my 97-year old cousin Maynard's house a few days ago and purchased a 4-pack of this bourbon barrel stout. It was pretty strong, but once I allowed it to warm-up, it really was delicious for being nearly 10%.

Central-Waters-Bourbon-Barrel-Stout.jpg

Edited by cloud capture

You say high % like it's a bad thing! I love some incredibly strong beers, especially stouts with an oak finish. They finish like a nice whisky with all kinds of aromatics.

I think one of my favorite was a mikeller stout that was around 20% abv...

^ You can get Kernel beers in Kris Wines in Kentish Town for £2.99 and less.

Repost of some stuff I got in for Christmas and New Years, most of which I still have not drunk:

IMG_1043_zpsb9e3a621.jpg

IMG_0971_zps4213f4a7.jpg

c790aee3-7889-4e81-80ee-42f7f2aad5df_zps

omg trappist west vleteren that's the best beer on earth wtf!!

It's great beer for sure. I wouldn't say it's nearly the best though. Matter of taste isn't it?

I much prefer the chimay anniversary trappist ale to that, among a plethora of other (other than trappist that is) varieties.. =/

Ha yeah, apparently.

Got them, purely by chance, in Kris Wines too. Had no idea what they were.

There was this wooden crate in there with unlabelled bottles and I noticed when I was browsing that people kept coming in, waiting by the door, and the owner would grab a few bottles from the crate and the guys would pay and leave.

I asked what they were as I was paying for my choices and got the whole 'best beer in the world' schtick. He also said that he'd only had the crate 4 hours and they'd be gone soon.

How could I resist?

I haven't opened them yet as I need to practice getting the caps off without damaging them. That's something else the owner told me. After you've drank'em, you can make your money back putting the caps and empty bottles on Ebay.

At first I was incredulous. Alright dude, I'm already buying them. Enough of the sales patter.

But sure enough, I checked ebay and it's true :|

Shit's crazy. Totally gonna give it a go though lol.

Unibroue is a damn good brewery all around, I got a pretty cool Maudite beer glass from them last year with a sampler pack. Looks like this...

Maudite%20strong%20ale%20glass.jpg

Ha yeah, apparently.

Got them, purely by chance, in Kris Wines too. Had no idea what they were.

There was this wooden crate in there with unlabelled bottles and I noticed when I was browsing that people kept coming in, waiting by the door, and the owner would grab a few bottles from the crate and the guys would pay and leave.

I asked what they were as I was paying for my choices and got the whole 'best beer in the world' schtick. He also said that he'd only had the crate 4 hours and they'd be gone soon.

How could I resist?

I haven't opened them yet as I need to practice getting the caps off without damaging them. That's something else the owner told me. After you've drank'em, you can make your money back putting the caps and empty bottles on Ebay.

At first I was incredulous. Alright dude, I'm already buying them. Enough of the sales patter.

But sure enough, I checked ebay and it's true :|

Shit's crazy. Totally gonna give it a go though lol.

wow, it's even very hard to get them here in belgium, i only drank one once but it was the best beer i had :beer: