IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

^ can confirm that these 2 above are excellent

CESAR belgium triple 8,5% vol

266px-Cesarbier.jpg

bought one and i was a bit skeptical cause cesar is a drunk from a belgium (awesome) comic

but dajuum, this is a helladamn good beer! it didn't take long to finnish, i'll be getting a full case of this

just look at these sweet caps!

cesar.jpg

OMG that would NEVER fly in the US...

what about it wouldn't fly? =/

266px-Cesarbier.jpg

bought one and i was a bit skeptical cause cesar is a drunk from a belgium (awesome) comic

but dajuum, this is a helladamn good beer! it didn't take long to finnish, i'll be getting a full case of this

cesar.jpg

266px-Cesarbier.jpg

cesar.jpg

I meant that with the demonizing of cartoon characters for adult product mascots, those faces would not be seen on a domestic brew.

Oh ok I understand. That makes sense. They are pretty sensitive to that here in Canada too. Marketing in general actually. In certain parts of the country here, commercials aren't even allowed during childrens TV programming.

Can you imagine like... Barney brand cigarettes? Babar brand lager? lol

New%2BEngland%2BBrewing%2BGhandi-Bot.JPG

this sucker right here. Insanely good. Incredibly powerful hop nose, like a mix of citrus and weed. Tastes almost synthetic but not in a bad way at all - like some kind of future tang-beer designed for mars.

Only available in CT as far as I know, certainly going to miss it when I leave.

New%2BEngland%2BBrewing%2BGhandi-Bot.JPG

this sucker right here. Insanely good. Incredibly powerful hop nose, like a mix of citrus and weed. Tastes almost synthetic but not in a bad way at all - like some kind of future tang-beer designed for mars.

Only available in CT as far as I know, certainly going to miss it when I leave.

That looks great, love the deep gold colour. Is it bitter or more on the sweet side ?

Maybe a citra-hop ipa then? It looks beautiful but not sure I would enjoy it (not a fan of really bitter beers). I'd love to try it though. IPA's are my favorite.

If you ever get a chance you should try this one. Extremely bright hops flavour, but crisp and clean, very carbonated. Citrusy yumminess

Bwa4dTb.jpg

also WTF no mention of three floyds ITT? my word.

three floyds might be the best of em all - so good. Gumballhead is the best wheat beer I've ever had. again and again and again. Dreadnaught is also quite special.

also WTF no mention of three floyds ITT? my word.

three floyds might be the best of em all - so good. Gumballhead is the best wheat beer I've ever had. again and again and again. Dreadnaught is also quite special.

I wish three floyds was available in massachusetts. But it's okay, I used to live pretty much down the street from Jack's Abby.

Framinghammer Baltic Porter aged in bourbon barrels is like velvety chocolate/coffee/bourbon/romance in a glass/your mouth

8RWKFfK.png

went to see my old man this weekend and popped into a little microbrewery near where he lives: hart family brewers. tried a lot of nice beers, and bought these two 750ml beauties to drink this evening:

DC9Pm8p.jpg

a nice porter @ 6.4% and their 1833 IPA @ 6.6% :beer:

Drug of choice at the moment is Marks & Spencer Meantime Black IPA:

IMG_20131214_202902_3-1024x576.jpg

On a recent trip to Australia, these two were really nice finds…Little Creatures IPA:

Little-Creatures-IPA.jpg

…and the 4 Pines El Dorado IPA:

cd8bbfa3064d138f4c5a5d61449372fd_640x640

And just tried one of them Brewdog Vladimir beers, a 'double IPA' of 8.2%…lush as fuck.

Order it online though, as one takeout bottle from Brewdog in Shoreditch was £5.27 (after 'discount')…they're £2.89 on the website FFS:

1eb53a77-bdd5-4d17-a1a0-6af2edb3e5ae_vla

In summary then, IPA IPA IPA

Drug of choice at the moment is Marks & Spencer Meantime Black IPA:

IMG_20131214_202902_3-1024x576.jpg

On a recent trip to Australia, these two were really nice findsLittle Creatures IPA:

Little-Creatures-IPA.jpg

and the 4 Pines El Dorado IPA:

cd8bbfa3064d138f4c5a5d61449372fd_640x640

And just tried one of them Brewdog Vladimir beers, a 'double IPA' of 8.2%lush as fuck.

Order it online though, as one takeout bottle from Brewdog in Shoreditch was £5.27 (after 'discount')they're £2.89 on the website FFS:

1eb53a77-bdd5-4d17-a1a0-6af2edb3e5ae_vla

In summary then, IPA IPA IPA

That last one looks terrible.

Where can I get it?

You can order from Brewdog online...I imagine shipping to the North Americas will be somewhat prohibitive though? £16 plus £7 shipping to ship a six-pack in the UK alone o_O

Definitely recommend it...if you like Goose Island/Sierra Nevada style IPA then YES.

And aye...a protest beer...wtpffft....at least you can always sing Gay Bar when you're drinking it:

"...you...I've got something to Putin you...."

:tongue:

tumblr_inline_mtk84l0Ck81rm17z3.gif

curiously fruity ipa from alabama. normally, i wouldn't partake- but i'm with a couple of dames with whom i have grand designs to make very pregnant so i consider myself invited

who is girl in your avatar.

she's a 15 year old russian figure skater. :pedobear:

Edited by keltoi

my weekend enjoyment...

thornbridge halcyon imperial ipa and saint petersbourg imperial russian stout.

odell cutthroat porter.

founder's porter and centennial IPA.

windswept APA.

every one a top drop.

• 1 month later...

I'm not really a fan of those Brewdog beers, a lot of them have a sickly bubblegum flavour to them (imo). I have a sneaky suspicion they are all about 'trying to be alternative' or whatever hipster bullshit they try to market. I'd rather not look cool and have a good old fashioned ale anyday. Beerwolf getting long in the tooth!

Edited by beerwolf

Here's an article on the whole thing, if you feel like reading up on it. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/30/magazine/a-fight-is-brewing.html?_r=0

You know that Evil Twin and Mikkeller are both gypsy breweries run by twins who can't stand each other?

Mikkeller I know about, the evil twin I did not.

Interesting.

Evil Twin has some good beers. Molotov Cocktail was great. 13% ABV and it leaves a weird heat in your throat.

Edited by StephenG