IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

Niiice! BBC is one of my favorite beers ever (and fav fap material)

Could you tell that all three stouts come from the same brewery by their sweet and smoky taste profile?

Everything from Goose Island I've had is top notch. Their Belgian styled Matilda and Sofie are awesome as well. There's a bit of beer snob controversy about them being bought out by Anheuser Busch, but if it doesn't effect the quality of their brews and makes them more available, then who cares?

WB dude, fred.

hey duder.

Pizza Port's Bacon and Eggs is so good. Had it at the GABF this year, it knocked my socks off, and I just had it again on location in San Diego yesterday and it was just as good as I remember it. probably my 2nd favorite beer ever.

quite good.

Guest Aserinsky

That Banana Bread Beer is amazing, I could very happily sit and drink 3 or 4 of those without feeling sickly! It is quite rich and sweet but the subtle hopiness kinda balances that sweetness out; I find it really easy to drink anyway. Wouldn't be something I'd choose as a session beer though,

I'm currently waiting for it to get warm so I can start drinking this again; I picked up a bottle not too long ago but it doesn't taste right in the winter. Usually I find ginger style ales too sickly and rich, but this one is awesome!

20111030-221209.jpg

Guest Ron Manager

yeah, the Banana Bread Beer is really good. definitely worth having if you see it anywhere on tap, which i found a lot nicer than the bottle (although that's pretty much always the case).

I'm currently waiting for it to get warm so I can start drinking this again; I picked up a bottle not too long ago but it doesn't taste right in the winter. Usually I find ginger style ales too sickly and rich, but this one is awesome!

have you had crabbie's alcoholic ginger beer? i like to mix two of them with a bottle of buckfast in a big pitcher for a sort of tramp version of dark and stormy. it is quite delicious.

A lot of people have told me about this Banana Bread Beer, and its delicious taste. For some reason I've always swerved it (I tried banana beer in Tanzania and it was foul, perhaps thats got something to do with it lol) I think I might get some today.

Edited by beerwolf

Guest Aserinsky

have you had crabbie's alcoholic ginger beer? i like to mix two of them with a bottle of buckfast in a big pitcher for a sort of tramp version of dark and stormy. it is quite delicious.

Yeah I've had Crabbie's quite a few times, tends to disagree with me for some reason. Their ginger wine is decent though, works well as a mixer. Plus that tramp version of dark and stormy sounds delicious, now I've gotta see where I can get hold of a bottle of Buckfast to try this out.

The first time I saw that Blandford Flyer I got quite excited 'cos I used to love Blandford Fly:

blandford-fly1.jpg

It was really rich and gingery, to the point where it would burn your tongue the way decent ginger beer does.

But it obviously wasn't very popular because it started to disappear from shops and I would snap up any bottles I stumbled across.

Then I saw Blandford Flyer late last year and nigh on wet myself with excitement. I bought several bottles and triumphantly took them to a friends house.

I was so disappoint.

It's like they showed the bottle some ginger and then poured sugar into it. I get the feeling Badger are trying to make it more popular by making it so sweet but I wish they hadn't discontinued the original Blandford Fly.

tl;dr: I done liked a drink and wish 'twern't different.

I took a beer tour in Seattle Saturday and we went to Hale's. They served Supergoose DIPA on nitro! It was ... okay. Overall, not that impressed with Hale's, although it doesn't suck!

Most interesting brewery on the tour:

drink_hilliards1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the most quintessential German beer I drank recently paired with the most quintessential German cassette I recently aquired:

uGEtD48.jpg

Edited by joshuatx

Just got into an argument about whether Rogue's Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon beer is the worst beer ever or not.

I agree it's not subtle, but I think that's the point. They argued that any beer that has to inject its flavor so heavy-handedly is wasting the basic beer ingredients that could have made that flavor on their own.

Just got into an argument about whether Rogue's Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon beer is the worst beer ever or not.

I agree it's not subtle, but I think that's the point. They argued that any beer that has to inject its flavor so heavy-handedly is wasting the basic beer ingredients that could have made that flavor on their own.

I had Rogue's Oatmeal Stout last night and that was very much a good "traditional" beer, and I think it was aimed at doing that. I'm with you, it's called Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon after all!

Guest uptown devil

Glorious glorious IPA...

lYDSBzE.jpg

had this last night, love it. killer deal for $6 a bottle. Edited by uptown devil