kaini

Friend of mine came back from Canada with this abortion/monstrosity:

IMG_3847_zpsafa44f13.jpg

750ml!

IMG_3852_zps54626567.jpg

My lady insisted on reaction shots.

IMG_3863_zps47bf87b1.jpg

IMG_3867_zps0d54e68e.jpg

Tasted like you'd expect an arsehole to taste. If that arsehole happened to be full of cigarette butts and maple syrup.

I poured the rest of my glass into his (glass, not arsehole). He finished the bottle. Weirdo.

Really surprised you didn't like the maple bacon ale. I thought it was pretty good =/

My friend who is still here just said "good man."

He liked it fine, probably just me. I'm not that big in sweet anything and I'd just had a Delirium Nocturnum and a Sierra Nevada Stout so it didn't taste that great in comparison.

Also not used to smoked beers.

I'd actually considered some smoked stouts when I was getting my other beers but remembered some posts from this thread advising against them. Maybe I'll give 'em a try next time.

Delirium is tha sheet fo'sho! :beer:

I had a bomber of the Voodoo this summer. I love how smoky it is, but the wood chip flavor is a bit overwhelming. I'd still drink more though! I WANNA RAUCH! (RAUCH!!!)I WANT! TO! RAUCH! (RAUCH!!!)

(sorry)

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/263/727

A really excellent Rauchbier. Tastes like a pleasant campfire.

Jack's Abby, an all-lager brewery right down the street from me made a one-off beer called Fire In The Ham, which is amber in color and actually tastes like smoked bacon! And it's a VERY good thing.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26520/86211

Edited by Candiru

Picked up a 12 pack of this today (urgh 115$)

Super limited release. It's a collab between a famous espresso bar in Victoria and the Phillips brewery which I LOVE (favorite brewery next to mikkeller).

Will post my thoughts after I try it!

3jiU2Ff.jpg

I just saw Impaled Nazarene beer in a local supermarket. Finland, WTF?

(Not my picture.)

Interesting?! Have you tried it?

(Not my picture.)

Nah, didn't buy it. Seemed sort of gimmicky and I just went there to buy Citra ale.

Also first I thought this could lead the supermarket into some trouble with the local brand of religious conservatists (called laestadianists) but then I realized it's unlikely they'll be looking at the beer shelf because they don't drink alcohol (in theory). :cisfor:

I haven't!

But everything this brewery sells, and especially their collaborations with other companies, is absolutely incredible. I've tried about 15 or 16 of their beers and I love every one!

It's a bit of a risk paying that much but because of how limited their collab beers (specialty liquor stores in my city are allotted 10-18 per store only) I was willing to do it. Also, they are usually one off beers meaning they will likely never make this beer again.

So it's a bit of a novelty I suppose. :happy:

After guzzling everything from trappist helfire to dark craft ales and stouts I realised the flavour I seek in beer is associated with the words 'gold' 'pale' and 'summer' ... usually.

Then I started trying the single hop ales I could find and found this little gem:

Single_Hop_Nugget-1339581117.png Nugget hop.

This is my flavour, I think - but tell me, wise men, can you break the 4.9% barrier in a pale / golden ale and still retain that beautiful post-lager refreshment?

Edited by fenton

Picked up a 12 pack of this today (urgh 115$)

Super limited release. It's a collab between a famous espresso bar in Victoria and the Phillips brewery which I LOVE (favorite brewery next to mikkeller).

Will post my thoughts after I try it!

3jiU2Ff.jpg

(Not my picture.)

LOL! So my girlfriend went to COOP wine and spirits today because we heard they were supposed to get a shipment of this Black Jackal. They didn't have it on the shelves, only in the back room. So the woman knows we are regulars there and didn't want to disappoint so she scanned them in as some other beer and charged us 6.99$ each bottle.

Mega savings.

Edited by StephenG

Guest uptown devil

Hey guys. I've totally gotten into craft beers pretty hard recently. Just wanted to say hi. I love craft beer. Here is my tribute to Firestone Walker's Wookey Jack, which is my favorite beer:

wookeyjack.png

:cry: it's beautiful

thanks duder! I'm drinking one of your favorites right now, the G'Knight red IPA. Just stocked up at argonaut for my weekend trip to the mountains.... picked up some Lakefront stout:

DSC04854.JPG

some of this:

Elysian-Savant-IPA.png

some of this:

bearrepublic.jpg

some of this:

firestone-walker-double-jack-double-ipa.

the aforementioned this:

IMAG1851.jpg

some of this:

alaskanpack-500x500.jpg

and for the mornings, this:

44a9_46d7.jpg?c=350b

I had that Elysian yesterday -- good stuff! They are my favorite brewery from this area (Pacific NW), with Ninkasi in second.

Alaska Smoked Porter is some good shit!

Also, I had a Black Butte tonight -- my favorite porter out there!

I'm already drunk & wish I could get drunk again on top of this! *passes out*

My birthday was over a month ago and when my friends came over to my house my wife told them "he likes chocolate and beer" and this (and a few since eaten candy bars) is what I ended up with... :biggrin:

rYwi8cN.jpg

Doesn't include the dozen and half or so I already drank (a few of them were in 6-packs). I look forward to posting a few reviews here later, normally I just have cheap beer in the fridge in my effort to save money.