IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

Sadly no Westy 12 here in KS... I'm sure it's tasty, but it's hard to justify that price with my current money situation.

The monastery needs a new roof from what I've heard.

Had a pint of Young's 'Waggledance' honey beer with WATMM's own SPD2 last night, as well as a half of the locally-brewed strawberry beer from Meantime. Tasty, fruity beers - and great company too.

Great company indeed, even thought I don't quite remember what we drank other than the strawberry. Next time we'll hit up Goddard's Pie & Mash. It was amazing alone. Imagine it'd be even better w/ friends.

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

Went to Tesco today and stocked up for Christmas, decided to get as much stout as was available...

post-6945-13561084050636_thumb.jpg

Narhwhal is delicious, loving that lately... Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale was also good this year

Got a bomber of Fulton's Worthy Adversary I'm waiting to crack open til tomorrow

Fulton+The+Worthy+Adversary.jpg

The Widmer Brothers "Brrr" is really good this year...
Widmer+Brothers+Brrr+close.jpg

Also had a glass of this last week or so at a bar, I thought $7.50 was a ripoff for the glass poured pretty much to how it is in the picture (should've topped it off), but damn was it good. I wish the shop I work at had it,
delirium_noel_umlaut-2.jpg

Edited by ghOsty

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/252/35625sweet[/url] jesus, this is gooooooooooooooooooood. it's won 'world's best beer' apparently. banana weize flavours, with a really complex, fruity after.

Yeah, it's awesome. I use the Weihenstephaner yeast for my homebrew hefeweizen for that awesome banana flavor.

Already burned through a couple six packs of Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro. Better than regular Milk Stout, so creamy and awesome!

http://www.lefthandbrewing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Milk-Stout-Nitro-Press-Photo-300dpi1.jpg

I'm currently drinking a homebrew clone of Deschutes Mirror Pond pale ale. Pretty close to the original, a bit more hoppy though, and not quite as malty.

Edit: fucking tapatalk won't let me insert a picture WTF....

Edited by hautlle

Bought a 12-pack of this stuff last Saturday, it's a very good pale ale...
red-chair-nwpa-e1311134149150.jpg?w=500

I've come to notice lately Deschutes has come to be among my favorite brewerys, they're all pretty consistently good. I'm a big fan of the Black Butte Porter and Obsidian Stout as well.

For those into IPA's check out their seasonal Hop Henge, I'm not usually too big on IPA's but this one is pretty damn good as well. It's a 10.6% but drinks incredibly smooth for being so. Had a bomber of it and it went down real easy then kinda crept up on me remembering it's a 10.6. It's not overly hoppish either.
Hop+Henge+IPA+2009.JPG

Alright enough plugging Deschutes for this post, but yeah, good beers.

along with the weihenstephaner, i grabbed some schneider weisse kristallklar (mentioned before, CRAZY strong ester flavours) and a dunkelweisse which i can't remember because it was 7.5% and i was several beers in at that point. but i remember it as being good.

SRIV if you like that barley wine style, try Stone Brewery's "Old Guardian", one of the best Barely Wines I've had

stone_old_gaurdian.gif

Edited by ghOsty

• 2 weeks later...

Got a bottle of Left Hand Brewery's Wake Up Dead that I'm probably gonna crack open later tonight, I'll report back with thoughts after I finish it. The bottle art is pretty cool.

Barrel-Aged-Wake-Up-Dead-2010.png

look at that head!

there's a $22 bomber of Firestone Walker XI at a nearby store that I'm eying (really? it's 'eying' and not 'eyeing'?), but can't bring myself to take the plunge.