IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

And my other Pacific Northwest IPA recommendation would be this:

de_418_lg.jpg

I prefer Red Hook's Longhammer.

K, just tried the LH & I can see what you would say that -- the Ninkasi is much sweeter, whereas the LH is crisp and more predominantly bitter. I'd have to try them side-by-side, but atm I like both! Thanks for the recommendation!

And my other Pacific Northwest IPA recommendation would be this:

de_418_lg.jpg

I prefer Red Hook's Longhammer.

K, just tried the LH & I can see what you would say that -- the Ninkasi is much sweeter, whereas the LH is crisp and more predominantly bitter. I'd have to try them side-by-side, but atm I like both! Thanks for the recommendation!

No prob! It's sort of my "catch-all" beer, my absolute favorite was a Ginger beer I tried on a whim from Buckman Botanical Brewery in Portland. It smelled like honey, but had a light ginger pepper finish. GOOSTA MOOY MOOCHO.

Speaking of hops grenades.... by now I think everyone knows I LOVE Phillips brewery.. Well, this little guy is amazing. It's incredibly hoppy but it's light, no bitterness and it's extremely bright. Also at 5%, it is so easy to drink all the time (in place of a regular lager, or in place of water lol). It's an incredibly beer for a decent price. A 6 pack is about 13$ 89626.jpg

Been drinking some of these this week... It's got the slightly chocolatey taste but also has enough hops to balance it out from being too sweet as well... good stuff

shiner-black-lager.jpg

Just about everything Shiner puts out is pretty decent. They also make one of the few explicitly fruity beers I actually enjoy, the Ruby Redbird grapefruit. It completely lives up to the "perfect summer beer" claim.

Shiner%20Ruby%20Redbird.jpg

Guest disparaissant

currently sipping on an Ale Asylum Bedlam. It's super good, citrusy and summery and hoppy as fuck.

I had a Delirium Nocturnum last week and I didn't think it was THAT amazing.

friends off.

lol

jk. They aren't that amazing. It's good beer, not your typical budweiser or anything, but there ARE far better beers out there, I'm with ya.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy SHIT, guys! I went to Stanley's Beer Fest Day in Minneapolis yesterday, tried something like ten ales, or IPAs, or whatever, and I'm not even kidding, the ONLY thing I wanted to purchase at a later date was Fuller's 1845. This stuff tasted like honey or some god-granted thing.

Also ranking "really fucking awesome" is O'Dell's Milk Chocolate Stout.

Ignore this post if I'm getting a little too jazz.

• 3 months later...

Went to the Craft Beer Company in Clarkenwell on Saturday. Got completely sozzled. Over 400 different beers. Here's a few...

DSC_0087_zps77eda08b.jpg

This was the second bottled beer I had (started on the taps). I got this one after the next picture because that one was sooooo amazing. Dark and muggy I'd say, in a good way. 7.4%

DSC_0085_zps736a4865.jpg

This one was fucking beaaauuutttiiiffffuuullll. So what I like about beer. Light and almost fruity. 6.2%

DSC_0088_zps520c8dc5.jpg

This one was ok I guess. It had a tequila type taste to it which I wasn't sure about but not too bad. I wouldn't have it again. 9.7%

DSC_0086_zps2cf2b590.jpg

I didn't visit either but there's a chicken shop and fish & chips just opposite. Perfect for a day on the piss.

Went to the Craft Beer Company in Clarkenwell on Saturday. Got completely sozzled. Over 400 different beers. Here's a few...

Ooh, looks good.

I've only ever had the Beaverton Smog Rocket (smoked porter) which they had at the bar at the London watmm meetup a few months back.

Gonna check this place out.

A friend of mine who has become a massive beer nerd produced this from his fridge last week:

IMG_0470.jpg

It's more like a sour white wine but made with grain, so still technically a beer. Bottled in 2010 and apparently gets better with age for up to 20 years (the back of the label says drink within 20yrs of purchase lol)

The aftertaste made me want some stilton or some other kind of obnoxiously rancid cheese with it.

My mate doesn't stock that kind of thing so the next weekend I went to Utobeer (http://www.utobeer.co.uk/) in borough market and got a bottle for my lady & I to share and some rancid cheese to compliment it (sussex blue):

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

Had this on my annual trip to Cloudcroft NM last month, had saved it from January solely for that occasion.

zvRFKss.jpg

love a nice Quad. When on a budget, Avery's Reverend is good. When you have more money Straffe Hendrik quad is damn quality.