IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat. Pretty limited, only 70 cases distributed here in KS, and it's a KS brewery.

Very nice!

IMG_20130122_230624.jpg

Ooooh :cerious: , was it only the 70 distrubuted in Kansas, or was it just fairly limited? Our store usually has a good supply of Tallgrass beers, I hope the boss got some if he could. I love the regular Buffalo Sweat one of my fav stouts.

The Left Hand Brery "Wake Up Dead" was a pretty solid stout, not exceptional, I've had better, but nothing to complain about either. It's worth a try if you happen to see it out there.

Guest uptown devil

Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat. Pretty limited, only 70 cases distributed here in KS, and it's a KS brewery.

Very nice!

IMG_20130122_230624.jpg

killer glass

look at that head!

there's a $22 bomber of Firestone Walker XI at a nearby store that I'm eying (really? it's 'eying' and not 'eyeing'?), but can't bring myself to take the plunge.

It's probably worth it!

But also try this Odins' Tipple one that I posted there, trust me you won't be disappointed!

Very nice!

IMG_20130122_230624.jpg

Ooooh :cerious: , was it only the 70 distrubuted in Kansas, or was it just fairly limited? Our store usually has a good supply of Tallgrass beers, I hope the boss got some if he could. I love the regular Buffalo Sweat one of my fav stouts.

The Left Hand Brery "Wake Up Dead" was a pretty solid stout, not exceptional, I've had better, but nothing to complain about either. It's worth a try if you happen to see it out there.

From my understanding it was distributed to other states, but yeah, pretty limited. Hope you can find some!

Had this last night:

StoneEnjoyBy110912.jpg

at 9% it was real good but fucked me up!

You were supposed to drink that 2 & 1/2 months ago! BLASPHEMY!!

I wanted to get a bottle of this since my b-day is 11-9. I got to have a bit at a tasting event, but it's just not the same...

Very nice!

IMG_20130122_230624.jpg

killer glass

That's the official Tallgrass Brewery Tour Pint glass. They're big on canning, hence the can-shaped glass :biggrin: They change the color really often, Wish mine was something other than brown, but I can't complain

Had a pint of Dominion Hop Mountain today in the Sheffield Tap. They always have a good American craft on tap, and this was blinding. Nearly 6 for a pint though

Edited by jhonny

Well, this was an interesting.. "beer". 32%.. There had to be at least two drinkers to legally get a bottle of this in a bar around here.

T1_f9ad2bd3105a624d229d0b930b9090ec_3565

Well, this was an interesting.. "beer". 32%.. There had to be at least two drinkers to legally get a bottle of this in a bar around here.

Holy shit, was it even any good at that high of an ABV?

Holy shit, was it even any good at that high of an ABV?

It was like condensed beer. I like beers with relatively high ABV, something like 10-15%, but this was way over the top.

Drinking a homebrew Oak Aged Bourbon Vanilla Porter tonight. It's been bottled for about 2 & 1/2 weeks now. Not much head, maybe from the vanilla bean oils? Regardless, it's tasting awesome! 7% abv, aged on American White Oak with Makers Mark and Madagascar vanilla beans :biggrin:

6186d4745022a798bf8f548892372db3_640x640.jpg

Edited by hautlle

• 3 weeks later...

Got a six pack of these in the fridge. Good stuff, not as sweet as you'd be led to believe based on the name, but there is hints of maple and brown sugar.

Sugar-Shack-Front.png

Edited by ghOsty

St3aYNg.jpg

This is hop heaven. A punch of hops in the face, with aromas of citrus, pineapple, and a well hidden 9.5% abv. Good god, I say drink it. Immediately.

I was whiffing my empty glass afterwards, wishing there was more.

Trying this one tomorrow night! Kopi luwak infused... 20$ a bottle though =(

i highly recommend Mikkeller btw, almost all of their beers are incredible! One of my favorite is Monks Elixir by them. Worth the price.

B1rvVLl.jpg

Edited by StephenG

St3aYNg.jpg

This is hop heaven. A punch of hops in the face, with aromas of citrus, pineapple, and a well hidden 9.5% abv. Good god, I say drink it. Immediately.

I was whiffing my empty glass afterwards, wishing there was more.

I concur. Had this on tap at a bar and I had to have three more. Fantastic IPA.

I really want to taste Mikkeller beers but I haven't cause theyre so damn expensive! Same for Evil Twin.

Encey! You gotta do it man! On the plus side, they're usually quite strong. The better ones are 10-20% abv, so it's almost like you're getting 2-4 times the alcohol... If that makes any sense.

I guess what I'm saying is you're getting flavour and a decent cost/buzz ratio.

I think you should try Monk's Elixir by them if you can try it. It's amazing! :beer::beer:

I love high alcohol ales, but once you get into 15% or higher territory it starts tasting either like wine, liquor, or a mix of the two.

I did have some of the Dogfish Head's Olde School Barleywine Ale, and it was....ok.....but it tasted too fruity/winey for my tastes.

I usually stick with 10% as a ceiling, just as a rule of thumb to suit my individual taste.

NTBOLdR.jpg

fucking 'meh' to the nth degree, slightly tastes of ginger ale in a way that leaves me utterly unmoved.

MXE1AqV.jpg

slightly better, tastes like a watery IPA. 6/10 at best.

i should have known better than to get two blue moon so-called 'special editions' based on my previous experiences but there ya go.

I love high alcohol ales, but once you get into 15% or higher territory it starts tasting either like wine, liquor, or a mix of the two.

I did have some of the Dogfish Head's Olde School Barleywine Ale, and it was....ok.....but it tasted too fruity/winey for my tastes.

I usually stick with 10% as a ceiling, just as a rule of thumb to suit my individual taste.

For me it depends on the beer. There are some trappist ales and stouts that, even at 17.5-25% alcohol still go down quite easy with no high alcohol notes.

Then again, you pay out the arse for em' so its a tough call lol.

I agree though 10% is generally where I like my beers.

Had this one yesterday it was AWESOME. I'd give it a solid 8.5/10. And only 6.75$ a bottle.

rpYhvyBl.jpg

Edited by StephenG