IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Infamous was fun. running up buildings and jumping off the top again was a blast. the story was garbage though.

Started Last of us yesterday. gah sneaking....i hate MGS. and I feel like I have played this game before, its a mix of resident evil, dead space, drakes fortune. is there anything new here except some emotional depth? because that might not make it worth it for me.

p.s SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

Getting back to Terraria again after the big update. The Wall of Flesh can get tae fuck.

But the plan is to kill it before I start this. It's resting on my hard disk taunting me -

Anyone playing GT6? I'm going to pick it up, because I love GT. Not exactly got a lot of spare time at the moment though

Yup :)

Ba3sB55CcAEha8-.jpg

A few of my snaps from replay mode:

Ba5dt3bCUAAM91q.jpg

Ba5eP8XCEAE4eWj.jpg

Ba5eel1CQAAwlCT.jpg

Ba5eooaCcAAAaLo.jpg

noice. is there a pc version of this or just *boxed?

Anyone playing GT6? I'm going to pick it up, because I love GT. Not exactly got a lot of spare time at the moment though

Yup :)

Ba3sB55CcAEha8-.jpg

A few of my snaps from replay mode:

noice. is there a pc version of this or just *boxed?

It's exclusive to the PS3.

I heard they've tweeked the steering a bit for the controller, and it's a good improvement. That'd be handy, because some of the gold licenses I just couldn't do with other GTs - and I'm not going to invest in a wheel.

I just watched someone play GT6. It's as sterile as driving around in a hospital.

Oddly that's always been the appeal of the series for me - whenever they try to add any 'humanity' to it (via the car cleaning/repair animations) it seems to spoil the aesthetic. It's like the Raster Noton of games.

All they need to do is swap out the lounge jazz and bland rock with Grischa Lichtenberger and I'll be grand !

i,m really enjoying gt6 right now,hands down better than gt5,graphics,loading times,race customisation(weather,time),genuinely challenging trials,and import playlists,currently watching a replay with dj shadow- changeling playing,awesome!

Edited by sunshine recorder

Guest jasondonervan

I just watched someone play GT6. It's as sterile as driving around in a hospital.

Oddly that's always been the appeal of the series for me - whenever they try to add any 'humanity' to it (via the car cleaning/repair animations) it seems to spoil the aesthetic. It's like the Raster Noton of games.

I completely agree. It's all about the driving, not the flash and spectacle. With all the aids switched off and using a force feedback wheel/pedals combo, it's awesome how well each car feels noticeably different to drive from the next. I can't speak for accuracy of every car - but my own car is in the game, and it's scary how 'real' the handling model is.

can anybody who has played both forza 5 & gt6 answer my question? keen to sell the xbox one but hoping gt6 will play as a better sim - that said, my PS3 is ylod'ed :( (just tried reviving it via heatgun method, no-go - was an original 40gb though so i guess it had a good run)

Nintendo has unified it's Nintendo Network ID to include 3DS now, you only need one account for both Wii U and 3DS. Account balance is transferable between the two now, also includes Miiverse update for 3DS and removal of 5x transfer limit for player data.

Yay for procrastination! Anyone messing about in Miiverse? I'm Guy eaten, hit me up. I've already gotten a couple of harmless posts removed by the admins, there weren't even penises.

Edit: 3ds friend code because forever alone 5172-0360-6845, just in case

Edited by Gocab

Starbound on Steam. It's an early access beta. I wanted to wait for winter sale to purchase but I couldn't hold out. It's a mix of terraria and minecraft. The worlds you discover are beautiful, and the music really sets a nice atmosphere. It's one of those games I can find myself completely immersed in. And hours seem to just fly by. You can also play multiplayer, but I have been exploring solo so far.

Edited by cloud capture

Guest jasondonervan

Starbound on Steam. It's an early access beta. I wanted to wait for winter sale to purchase but I couldn't hold out. It's a mix of terraria and minecraft. The worlds you discover are beautiful, and the music really sets a nice atmosphere. It's one of those games I can find myself completely immersed in. And hours seem to just fly by. You can also play multiplayer, but I have been exploring solo so far.

I can see myself picking this up shortly. I've had an eye on it for a while, glad to hear it's as immersive as I'd hoped it would be.

Back on Gran Turismo 6 last night. Dialled down all the assists and set the driving mode to 'simulation'. Amazing driving experience as the force feedback wheel returns all the lumps and bumps of the track/road... juggling the accelerator/break pedals to find the sweet spot on corners, soooo good. It's just a shame there's no sign of the endurance races found in previous iterations, hoping they come in via seasonals, or worst case scenario - DLC.

just a heads up to you nerds: fallout 1, 2, and tactics are free on gog.com right now. go get!

Nerds, as in pretty much everyone?

I bought those three on some CD-ROM three years ago for like ten bucks, but never got really into them. Fallout 3 and New Vegas must have spoiled me (NV especially)